1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

nearly got arrested for vaping (close call)

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by rojan, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

Thnks for sharing your story and i am sorry to hear you mod and juice got confiscated. Hope you have backup.

Sure thing there is a happy vaper now using your device....

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

God that is a scary story for us.. Glad it ended up quite good considering the first option they gave you.

jpr, rojan and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Thai Police & Military can be very intimidating at times.
    Thailand is getting worse every year.

Rowdy.

rojan likes this.
  5. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

My comments about leaving the vape gear at home was aimed at the many road blocks and other police actions in town and on the street. It's not flight security that is the danger today, but the police and military roadblocks, that might confiscate your vape gear on the way to the airport .

Tibo, Chili Pepper and jpr like this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

7. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

the deporthing thread for having vaping gear is outright scary...
    dont know... thai gov doing all they can those days to keep tourist away it feels like

8. aging one
    Busy

aging one Well-Known Member

I really think the "deportation" thing was one silly officer thinking he could put a big scare in someone. I really dont think this could or would be done over an e cig. The threat does seem to have worked sadly enough

Konvict, Nakhonsisean and Siam Diesel like this.
  9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Maybe...but maybe not, too. The Army is a law unto themselves...they can pretty much do as they like. ;)

Konvict likes this.
  10. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

And than the other side of all this crack down on vaping here in TH is almost every time i am on the road now i see another local vaping. I am here every 6 month and this time i feel like vaping amongst locals has increased a lot.
    Not that they would stealth vape or be discreet about it. Future Park outside at one of the entrance from Zepell one guy blowing huge clouds onto the glass door so he can see himself doing so :) . Today at Don Muang airport outside by the little coffee shop which looked like a airport worker she was using a RDA and dripping happily away. At a traffic light just 30min later a guy blowing huge clouds out of his pickup truck. I am actually happy to see vaping gets more and more popular amongst Thais.

11. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

In the "official" thread there is a link to a facebook video. In response to the original post, there was a link to the same video extracted from facebook and posted to dropbox.

That video is still located at this address

It is of the opinion of this vaper that facebook is something to avoid and explicitly visited (meaning by choice) as seldom as possible. If you care enough, you would also try and limit how often your browser connects and shares about you to facebook without your explicit consent... but that is another thread.

It is not a stretch to assume the video might not be available indefinitely. Nor to wish it on anyone to have to suffer through denying facebook's attempts at making you login to view the contents of the video (getting more close to impossible all the time) especially during the absurd and hostile predicament of trying to argue yourself free from detainment by local police.

Surely, there is value to users who dislike facebook AND would like to know that if they ever need the link to just play IMMEDIATELY without any stupid hoops to jump through which will only make a sucky situation that much more annoying... here is the video again, this time hosted on a site that will never take the video down as a personal guarantee.

http://madamechao.com/assets/mp4/Thai_Vape__SeeminglyOfficialQuoteRE-PossessionAndUse.mp4

Self nominating that this link is added to the official thread as well.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Siam Diesel and taotoo like this.
  12. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

debatedude likes this.
  13. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Jazz2017 and Siam Diesel like this.
  14. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Any reason why the cop who is 'talking' has actually been dubbed over by another person talking instead of it actually being him?

15. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Oi! This is what happens when you slip up and forget its never a good idea to do something nice!

If the video was mettled with, it is just as it was found on facebook. The intention was to extract the video from facebook for ease of quick playback and ensuring its availability if ever needed.

There was no other agenda and no edits were done by yours truly.

So this video is probably worthless then. Well at least if having the facts and truth on your side is a priority. If it can be used as an effective, "go bother some other person" counter-shake down device then maybe its not such a bad thing in any case?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017