1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Help iJust ONE glass won't come off, leaking ejuice.

Discussion in 'Vaping Technical Issues' started by Nathan, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Nathan

Nathan Thread Starter New Member

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my girlfriend to quit smoking and so I bought her an iJust ONE from thaivapemall's website. Neither of us has any previous experience with vaping (I don't smoke or vape), and I've run into some issues that Googling / searching on YouTube hasn't been able to totally resolve:

1. When she uses the vape, she says that it's too hot if she presses the button while she's inhaling (the way I see people using it in YouTube videos), and so what she does instead is presses the button for around a full second with the vape out of her mouth, and then puts it into her mouth and inhales with her finger off the button. My question is: Is this an acceptable way to use the vape? Or is there some other preferred way of dealing with the issue she's experiencing?

2. She's had the vape for about 5-7 days now and has complained about it being very 'hot' when she inhales, which I interpreted to be the 'burnt taste' that people say comes when the coil is worn out and needs to be replaced. However, when I went to try to remove the glass so that I could get my fingers around the coil and unscrew it, I was unable to remove the glass from the mod(?). I tried using the flat fingernail cleaner thing that you have on nail clippers to lever the glass off the mod, but it ended up creating a straight-line crack up and down the glass. My questions are:
    1) How should I get the glass off? Pliers?
    2) Is the glass still usable?
    3) Where can I buy a replacement glass? Thaivapemall didn't have one listed. I tried searching this site but couldn't find anything.

3. I have some ideas for the answer to this one, but I'd be interested in second opinions: She often has liquid leaking out of the airholes. She said at one point that she thinks it has to do with having the vape oriented horizontally, but I'm not totally convinced of that explanation because I see a lot of vapers holding their vape sideways while drawing.

I saw this YouTube video: youtube/watch?v=P2NL27RoF0k
    - Gurgling may be an early sign that you have juice leaking.
    - Having the tank upside-down, or placing it on a table sideways.
    - Overfilling the tank.
    - Having a tank that isn't secure / put together all-the-way; having any gaps between pieces that need to be screwed together.

And this one: youtube/watch?v=1rnKrETDutA
    - Make sure the o-rings are on properly, and not sticking to the base or coming off the coil(?)
    - Make sure your device is on the right wattage for the coil you're using; the lower the resistance of the coil, the higher your device's wattage needs to be set to to vaporize all the ejuice. If you don't, you may have juice come out of the mouthpiece ('spitting').
    - Hold the fire button for a fraction of a second with the mouthpiece out of your mouth to burn off the excess liquid. Consider turning the vape upside-down so that more juice doesn't enter the coil while you're doing this.
    - Try wrapping a paper towel around the airholes and blowing into the mouthpiece.
    - Try taking the glass off the mod, leaving just the coil, and pulse the fire button to burn off any excess liquid.
    - Make sure things are tightened snugly but not overtightened to the point where the o-ring will get ruptured or it'll be hard to disassemble it.

I came across this thread:
    e-cigarette-forum - Do you get leaking juice from your tanks air hole?

- "If your getting more juice then what the coil is vaporizing eventually the coil will flood. Here a easier draw or higher voltage/power is needed."
    - "I have now closed the air holes prior to refilling my Silo Beast from the top, and it hasn't leaked in three days."
    **Updated**
    Update: I was able to remove the existing glass, and noticed that the starter kit came with a spare glass.

However, now I have a new problem: the device doesn't appear to turn on when I click it five times. I looked around the internet and it seems similar to the issues that these people describe:
    e-cigarette-forum - /forum/threads/brand-new-eleaf-ijust-2-broken.694082/
    youtube - /watch?v=6DmNeQdPyWA
    **Updated**
    Update: The red LED underneath the charging port is on, so I'm going to leave the vape charging for a while and hope that it starts working again.

2. Jazz2017

Jazz2017 Well-Known Member

Hi Nathan, not sure i can be much help but will try. One thing to note is that for myself and a few other i have asked, the initial transition from smoking to vaping can cause a slight cough, irritation in the throat, I believe this is just due to the difference in smoking harmfull crap vs vaping and will not last long if it happens.

Usually most transitions to vaping begin above the 1 ohm mark and work up to sub ohming but since you jumped straight into a sub ohm device a different appproach is needed. :)
    Do you know the resistance of the coil? If the resistance is very low it will be hotter, try to stick to the 0.5 and above Ohm range for this device as it can fire upto 60 watts i think and its not a variable wattage device, so that can produce a vary warm vape. If possible above 0.7 ohms would be even better.

Do you know the PG/VG of your juice? it should say on the bottle. If the VG is very high and its a very sweet juice then the coils will burn out quicker, 5-7 days is a little low on the average scale but still average (in my opinion) but it isnt an exact science, i have had some burn out in three days and some last 3 weeks, its a bit of a crap shoot. but for me generally 10 to 15 days is fair.

Also if the juice is high in PG and Or Nicotine then that can cause a rasping feeling to the back of the throat, this throat hit can sometimes be associated with burning or being hot which could coincide with point one above.

Hope this helps.

And

:welcome:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. Nathan

Thank you for your help Kevin!

"Do you know the resistance of the coil?"

I'm not sure what the resistance was of the coil that came with the kit, but the coils that I bought to replace it were 0.3 ohm coils.

"Do you know the PG/VG of your juice?"

We bought two flavors; a mango flavor in a larger bottle that says it's 50% PG and 50% VG, and a smaller bottle of a chocolate-flavored juice that doesn't have that information listed. IIRC she found both flavors too hot to smoke 'normally', but she found the chocolate flavor 'hotter'.

-----------------------------

I now have a new problem: the red LED light eventually turned off, but when I tried to turn on the device, the light on the button would remain on and I could see and hear smoke coming from the mouthpiece as if the button was being pressed, and that would continue for maybe 5-10 seconds before the button light would flash a few times and then the device would turn off, so that pressing the button would not activate the coil.

What's worse, one time the device seemed to turn on by itself while it was sitting on a table (or maybe it somehow remained on even though I thought it was off), and the cooking / smoking came out of the top for 5-10 seconds before the button light flashed and the device 'turned off'.

Has anyone encountered this before? I'm feeling pretty frustrated at how many problems I've run into trying to get a working device; this is actually the second device I bought, because the first one ended up being fake and broke after a single day of use.

4. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

0.3 ohm coils might be a bit much for someone coming off fags. Anything below about 0.5 is probably going to be a bit airy and warm. As suggested by @Kevin Christie , would look for something of a higher ohm rating. But at the end of the day with the pen style vapes, what you get from a coil is what you get as you can't adjust the watts/volts. Have a friend that has been vaping for three years, likes a cool, tightish vape and vapes 0.25 ohm coils at 15w with airflow closed down and loves it. But that's on a regulated mod (Lost Vape Therion).

A 50/50 pg/vg blend would be way to harsh for me in a low ohm airy tank and could be the problem with leaking. The higher the PG the lower the viscosity. Try a juice that is 70+ VG and that might solve that problem.

The device sounds dodgy. From what you have described I would get rid of it. The chap running Thaivapemall speaks excellent English and I've always found his service very good. I'd send him a message with your problem on the unit. A device that auto-fires is positively dangerous!

Jazz2017 and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

If you can find a higher resistance coil, try those...for setups like this, the higher the resistance, the cooler the vapor.

Here's the link to the eLeaf page for this device showing the available coil types. The device is supposed to come with a 0.75 ohm MTL (mouth-to-lung) coil that needs to be used with the EC sleeve (also in the kit).

iJust ONE - Eleaf electronic cigarette

It sounds like your device is auto-firing (not a good thing) and the protection built in to the device is kicking in to stop it from continuing. You need to figure out why it's doing that...best suggestion is to take it apart, clean/dry everything, reassemble, refill (but don't overfill) and see if it stops doing that.

Then, change to a different coil and see if your g/f likes that better. It's very difficult for most beginners to start vaping with a sub-ohm DL (direct lung hit) coil...too much vapor & much too warm. If you're thinking about buying another device (don't give up!), have a look at this thread for some suggestions...I can recommend the Joyetech Aio with the 1.0 ohm coils (I'm a MTL vapor, too).

Starter Kit Recommendations for New Vapers (NO 'New Poster' Posts!) | Thailand Vapers

Thailand Vapers FAQ's - READ THIS FIRST (There are NO B&M Vape Shops) | Thailand Vapers

Oh, and :welcome:

Once she finds a mod & juice that she likes, she'll never look back!
    :vaping: :vaping:

PS - once the glass is cracked, the only solution is to bin it.

Jazz2017 and Konvict like this.
  6. Nathan

Thank you both for the advice!

jpr and Nakhonsisean like this.
  7. Jazz2017

I would try and send that device back if its auto firing

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Nathan

"I would try and send that device back if its auto firing"

Thank you for the tip! Would I try to send it back to thaivapemall? Or Eleaf? Or either?

I contacted the thaivapemall guy and he said to contact Eleaf; I did, and I still haven't heard anything from them.

9. Jazz2017

From previous experience with a recently defective Smok Alien 220 that i keep complaining about in these forums :p i had to go back to where i bought it from and its up to them do sort it out with their supplier.

Saying that, it was from a UK website and i have no experience with thaivapemail so i know nothing about their customer service, TiT afterall so you might have a fight on your hands unfortunately. If its a genuine item which i assume it is if TVM are sending you back to Eleaf, then they might exchange it under warranty if you're having problems with your supplier but i would expect a little bit of a back and forth between Eleaf and TVM. fingers crossed you get it sorted though.

10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

How long have you had it? Obviously, the easiest would be if TVM would exchange it...

Edit: Just re-read the OP...if you've only had it for 5-7 days and it's already auto-firing, then the local supplier should exchange it. As @Nakhonsisean mentioned in the post below this one, @etcyberdude would be the one to contact.

Edit2: Here's the link to eLeaf's warranty page...they have a 90-day replacement warranty.
    About eLeaf anti-counterfeiting & warranty policy - Eleaf electronic cigarette

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    Jazz2017 likes this.
  11. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, even if you did get a replacement from eLeaf, there is a good chance that it would be grabbed by Thai customs coming into the country. Really Thaivapemall should take responsibility for this. If they don't it is a black mark on their service! Contact @etcyberdude on here, I believe he owns Thaivapemall. I've always had good service from him.

Jazz2017 and Siam Diesel like this.