1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Hi guys, advice needed pls.

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by Oker, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Oker

Oker Thread Starter Member

Firstly, thanks for letting me join this forum!. I'm a long time Thailand dweller that's been on e-cigs for years but need some advice about "newer" gear. I've been using an Ego C since they came out but parts are getting hard to source locally now, so about 6 months back I changed over to an Ego 1 that does the job just fine. But now I'm needing parts for it (more batteries + 1.0 ohm Attys that I can probably get locally)?. So I thought about maybe getting an Ego 2 as I like that shape and don't like the boxy type units most people have these days.

So for starters, does anyone know if Ego 1 batteries are usable with an Ego 2 or if I get an Ego 2 do I just bin my Ego 1 batteries?. Does anyone have any opinions on the difference between a 1 and a 2 that has also made the change?. And finally, where would you guys recommend buying from in Thailand?.

I'm happy enough with the 1 but if it's going to be a drama keeping it going I'll buy a 2 and spares.

Thanks for any guidance on this!.

2. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

I know nothing about ego (or long time before) but the difference of accu: ego 1- 850ma or ego 2- 2200ma, is on my sense a big change.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Hi, and welcome to TV. Original Ego 1/2 long before my time, but I have a Joyetech Ego AIO for discrete out and about and it works fine. Look up starter kits on the big Chinese companies sites. I've used FastTech, Sourcemore, GearBest and Heavengifts.
    New stuff seems to come out daily. Personally I'm happy to be a month or so behind the times and buy gear with good reviews.
    Oh, and make sure the vendor also sells the coils, or someone else does.
    Good luck.

Tokay, jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

:welcome:
    I started on the eGO-C...they got me off cigs & lasted a couple of months until I got tired of the leaky plastic cartridges. I don't know anything about the eGo 1 or eGo 2...but like @farangmick, I have an eGO Aio for out-and-about stealth vaping that uses 1.0 ohm coils (and I like it). If you're looking to upgrade, you can't go wrong with an Aspire Nautilus (or Nautilus Mini) tank. Coils are readily available and they fit any mod that has a 510 connection. ;)

Here are a couple of links that may prove useful...

Thailand Vapers FAQ's - READ THIS FIRST (There are NO B&M Vape Shops) | Thailand Vapers

Starter Kit Recommendations for New Vapers (NO 'New Poster' Posts!) | Thailand Vapers

5. samui

samui Well-Known Member

I have a couple of vision spinners that were thrown in the drawer a long time ago your welcome to them if your in dire need.
    [​IMG]

pierdon, debatedude, Konvict and 4 others like this.
  6. Oker

Thanks very much for the responses guys, much appreciated!. I'm trying to go thru the vendor list on this forum to see who's got what, but it's slim pickings finding someone who stocks kits and the spares needed to keep it going. I use to get all my gear from TW in England and they were fantastic to deal with but obviously, there's issues importing and has been for some time now (worst luck). Juice is no problem to source locally, hardware is by the looks of it...

Anyway thanks again, I'll continue hunting around and hopefully find a supplier who's got what I'm after.

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Don't forget the guys in this section as well... ;)
    Thai Vaping Vendors Info

jpr, debatedude and Konvict like this.
  8. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

if you mind to continue with Joyetech, it look easy to find Ego AIO in thailand ( I look many Thais with this kit, I was asking where they buy it : " in a shop in bangkok"? sure no shops arround here or confidentially )
    you have good links to be sure to have an atomizer quite fast , a bit more expensive than direct from china but no stress for the customs)

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. farangmick
    Worried

Ecigzaa have the Ego AIO, and its later versions with bigger tank/battery. 850 baht for the AIO, good price. You just need someone to guide you through ordering, since the site is in Thai.
    I can get coils from Sourcemore. 3-4 weeks delivery.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. etcyberdude

etcyberdude Well-Known Member

I have the AIO too

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

eGos are getting phased out. Maybe you'll find a few cheap Chinese clones at the walking streets you can pick up for parts but it might be time to move on so I'm giving another vote for the AIO. Think of it as a modernised eGo. The AIO is a small, compact vape that works. Discreet and built like a tank too, mine used to be my best friend on Visa runs and when working on boats. Used to drop it 2-3 times a day and finally retired after it fell of a motorbike. The bugger still worked but the topcap was smashed and I couldn't find a replacement part. Its fairly cheap and easy to get too, including the coils. The main Thai vendors have it in stock, an English site and accept PayPal (credit/debit) card payments too if don't want to/can't do a bank transfer.

Siam Diesel and jpr like this.
  12. Oker

Thanks so much for your replies guys. I've now looked at all the angles of getting sorted out with new kit + spares locally and made a decision yesterday morning to give it all away, it's all just way too much hastle for me now. When I could just order anything and everything from TW England and it would be at my front door in 2-3 days, well that was a whole different story.

That's something like 20 years on the analogs and 8 years on the e-cigs so while a cold-turkey quit isn't easy, I've got thru the first day and a half without too much of a problem and expect the urge to become a mass murderer will subside by the end of the weekend!.

Have a great Christmas and a prospersous New Year folks.

13. farangmick
    Worried

Good luck on staying off stinkies, which is after all the the reason to vape in the first place. I've only been vaping for fifteen months, so I've never seen a B&M vape store and always had to plan ahead around the slow boats from China.
    Can't see me ever wanting to stop, even if I got down to 0 mg nic, which I have no desire to do.
    And a Happy smoke free Christmas to you as well.

Tokay and Siam Diesel like this.