1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Help ADVICE PLEASE

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by Tim, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Tim

Tim Thread Starter New Member

Hi,
    I am graeful for all advice please.
    1. I want a good quality starter kit (available in Thailand). KangerTech Topbox Mini? Smok One R80? And why please?
    2. I need a module that has easy coil change. Not sure which that would be.
    3. What is the difference between a premade wire coil and a Clapton coil? Which is best?

4. If it has USB charging - do l need spare batteries and charger?
    All opinions and advice are very welcome.
    Cheers.
    Tim.

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

:welcome:

This should get you started. Have you already started vaping or are just contemplating taking the plunge?

Thailand Vapers FAQ's - READ THIS FIRST (There are NO B&M Vape Shops) | Thailand Vapers

Have a look here...there are many different opinions on this subject. It depends on your budget to a large extent.
    Starter Kit Recommendations for New Vapers (NO 'New Poster' Posts!) | Thailand Vapers

You can't go wrong with an Aspire Nautilus/Mini-Nautilus tank. It's a mouth-to-lung tank that takes drop-in BVC coils.

The 'best' type of coil depends on your vaping style (i.e., mouth-to-lung or direct lung hit), whether you want flavor, clouds or both, etc. In the past, most beginning users started with pre-made single-wire coils and then moved on to clapton coils (which they learned how to make). However, since you can now buy pre-made claption coils, this may not hold true any longer. Never used a clapton coil so that's all I can say. ;)
    The Theory Behind Clapton Coils : electronic_cigarette

In theory, you wouldn't...but if you only have a single mod and a single battery, you'd have to wait for the depleted battery to recharge before you could continue vaping (I'm not a fan of vaping while charging). I also prefer to charge my batts in a stand-alone charger...more convenient and saves the USB charger for those times when it's really needed (i.e., like when you're traveling). A few quality batteries and a decent charger are well worth the investment if you think you're going to stick with vaping.
    The Cost of Good Batteries / Battery Safety Links | Thailand Vapers

oil, Dieter., Tim and 5 others like this.
  3. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Siam Diesel did an excellent job to answer all your questions.

The only thing I would like to add is that I think the most popular box mods at the moment are the Joyetech eVic VTC and the iStick Pico. (Both of them I don't have so I cannot comment on the quality of them.)

And...
    :welcome:

4. etcyberdude

etcyberdude Well-Known Member

Innokin t18 will get you off cig faster than u think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taotoo likes this.
  5. taotoo

taotoo Well-Known Member

+1 to that.

(Any plans to stock the T22?)

6. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to TV.
    All you need has already been posted.
    However, I would strongly advise that before you buy anything, you check the availability of spare coils. Most dealers have tanks in stock, but very few have coils, and they are expensive.
    For MTL, of course I agree with SD. Vaping a Nautilus right now.
    Good luck.

Siam Diesel, Bantorvaper and Konvict like this.
  7. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

First of all welcome to the forum. Much has already been said so well by @Siam Diesel .So only a little input from me.
    i have the Joyetech VTC and the quality is very fine. It is a very good mod. I use it daily and it works just great. I don't know the I-stick Pico, but the Istick TC i have is also a great mod and works fine.

I only want to say that we vapors like to have at least one extra device, since you never know, when there might be a problem with a device or tank, so we at least like one backup set, or a backup set of a backup set. I also use an extra charger to charge my batteries, so i always have a spare battery, because my experience is that the mods go dead, just when it is most inconvenient.

Tim, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

The Kanger Top Box Mini kit was my first vaping purchase. The mod that come with the kit is fine, good in fact. The atomizer that came with the kit got replaced and sent to the trash bin. I could not get on with it at all mostly due to the excessive leaking but the flavor just was not there for me. The mod that comes with the kit is one that I still use regularly.