1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

ZNA 30 Clone

Discussion in 'Thailand Vapers Reviews By Our Members' started by -V-, Oct 15, 2014.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

So a while back I ordered this from FT, took a month before it got shipped out and i had forgotten about it.
    > $69.43 ZNA 30 Style Variable Wattage APV Mod - 7W-30W / 1*18490 / stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Yesterday it got delivered to me
    Always wanted one so was happy to get it.
    I have no idea of the maker of it and I did ask FT but they wouldn't tell me.

Here are some pictures:

photo 1.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG

What I found funny was the DNA Evolv on start up, hard to get a clear picture

photo 2.JPG

I also got the 18650 tube for it, everything fits flush as it has an adjustable 510 pin which you unscrew from the under side , pop on your tank and then screw up tight to it.
    A few more pics

photo 4 copy.JPG photo.JPG

It has that horrible delay when hitting the fire button before it fires up.
    Don't like that.

Anyway, started vaping with it and it was going well, then I noticed it was loosing power, as I own 2 VS DNA 30 devices I know my vape very well on a regulated device.
    It was feeling like you would get on a mech mod when the battery was going down in power.

Next up I got this 'Too Hot' and it wouldn't fire.
    I wasn't vaping any different than I would with any device, so I knew it wasn't 'too hot'

Screen Shot 2557-10-15 at 2.00.54 PM.png Screen Shot 2557-10-15 at 2.01.12 PM.png

The device itself is really nice, made fully of SS, it is very heavy.
    The switch is nice, the buttons up and down so so...

But I can't use it without the 'Too Hot' things going on, also the loss of power half way down the battery life.

I knew Chinese DNA clone chips aren't that great, but yes I fell into the track cos I wanted this mod so much.

I have contacted FT to send it back, and am not interested in anything apart from the refund.

I did a look around the net to see if there are ny real ones for sale by Zen, but looks like they are either getting flipped for silly prices or just not available to buy online.
    Not saying I'd buy one, but just wanted to know.

So there you go, don't buy these Chinese chips, go with the real ones.
    I thought about replacing the chip for a real DNA chip, but what's the point, who knows what else could break on the device too.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

^^^ +1
    Fully agree with this statement, V. When it comes to regulated mods, better to buy the real thing...results in less problems and rewards the ingenuity of the creator.

3. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

Thank you for the report V, its good to have this info.:cheers:

4. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

Thanks for this report V, probably i am as disappointed as you are that this clone doesn't work out.

5. -V-
    Cool

Just got a reply from FT, and unlike in the past when I sent things back, they started asking silly questions, as they aren't vapers so they ask things like did you try another battery...
    I tried 2 brand new IMR batteries and this was with the Mini Naut at 2.1 ohm at 13 W
    Anyway replied and waiting for them again....

6. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

It's not even flush with the 500 tube is it? Or is that just an illusion?

7. -V-
    Cool

Correct, the battery cap is not flush to the device, I also noticed that and forgot to say.
    Not sure about the real ZNA 30....

8. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

please also write a review @ FT about this lousy built to warn the others :D
    so far i cant complain about the chinese chips at all, i have 1 DNA20 from Cloupor and 1 |DNA30 from Big, dont know by which manufacturer that is ....
    a DNA50 from Cloupor is in Vapemail but reviews of other people so far seems to be exceptionally well.

9. -V-
    Cool

From FT?
    I read nothing but problems with it....

10. Rick O-Shea

The ZNA50? It's a mixed bag. If you vape at below 4.5v you more than likely won't like it is what I am understanding.
    I'll find out next week.

11. -V-
    Cool

That;s what I read.
    I've been thinking all day about mine I have, maybe throwing in a real DNA 30 board could be ok to do..
    The price of them might come down with the new DNA 40 board coming out.....
    Looking at the back plastic plate though it looks like it's been pressed fitted on..not sure how that would come off without breaking it into pieces..

12. -V-
    Cool

Then again there is that non flush problem with the bottom to think about too...

13. Rick O-Shea

Let me know how you get on, I've been thinking of buying a DNA40 and chucking it in. Heard they are 44GBP. I'm assuming it's just a matter of switching chips though and no doubt far more difficult than I imagine it to be.

14. -V-
    Cool

Not seen anywhere in the UK with them for sale..
    LOL, kind of, but a bit more involved than that..
    The Chinese love to use hot glue too, say you look inside a VS DNA box, it's just slotted in....but int he Chinese stuff then place it in and hot glue everything..
    Also the wires used I guess will be poor quality,,,

15. Rick O-Shea

Neither have I but a reliable source pm'ed me this morning saying that. He could well be misinformed. I didn't ask where.