1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Your Favorite Flavor Build

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks For Vaping' started by .patrick, Jan 13, 2016.

1. .patrick
    Angelic

.patrick Thread Starter Seasoned Vaper

Recently been wanting to try new builds for potentially better flavor
    Would like to hear you guys' favorite flavor chasing build.

To give you guys an idea of what my standards are
    I usually vape dual parallel coil (22g, 24g) at high wattages; restrictive lunghit on velocity

Richard likes this.
  2. jon
    Mellow

jon Well-Known Member

I likes parallel builds too, mostly 24 and 26ga. Usually don't go that low, varies between 0.2-0.4 ohm. Watt varies a good bit, but generally I like a warm vape, and a good bit of vape around me :vaping::vaping:

3. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

You need coils that work well with lower temperature, and spaced. For me Ti gives the best flavour. But that means TC and no big cloud. I don't really find Kanthal that great but it's robust material to work with.

4. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

I get very good amounts of vapor with TC setups using Ti. Not cloud-chasing mind you, but very good and more than enough to make most non cloud-chasing types very satisfied. For that type of vaper, TC will have its limits, no doubt.

BTW, I use simple and basic spaced coils for all my TC setups. Generally speaking, I get better-nuanced flavor than I did with kanthal. I also get flavor that's more to my liking with the warmer temps. For example, 480 F with most juices. With some custard types and a couple others I find that about 430 to 450 F is a good range. If cooler, too little vapor and the richness of flavor lacking for my tastes.

peter-k likes this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Aspire Nautilus BVC 1.8 ohm coil at 10-12 watts...delicious flavor! :D
    :wink:

Neilly, Konvict and Richard like this.
  6. .patrick
    Angelic

.patrick Thread Starter Seasoned Vaper

I do love me some warm vape
    I usually do 22g super subohm for my mechs and higher wraps (like 10+) 24g as a series box build for my highpowered regulated box.

Vapor is, oh so, warm and dense. Flavor is already great imo but I wonder if its near/around/not-even-close to claptons.

jon likes this.
  7. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

Another alternative is SS. I am using SS316. It works perfect for me in TCR mode with good flavour. I have only 2 tanks experience with it but from my impression is it's better than Kanthal, and around where Ti is. And it can be used in power mode as well, unlike Ti.

8. colind88
    Devilish

colind88 Well-Known Member

Been vaping for 3 1/2 years now and tried just about everything. There are always trade offs. The set up that I have on all 8 of my mods is a single kanthal clapton coil at .5 ohms vaping at 4.2 volts (circa 23-26 watts subject to gunk). This gives me modest juice usage, great battery life, great flavour, great clouds, minimal cleaning and rebuilding (change wicks and brush coils weekly) still using rayon as I like the parallel architecture of it. Small chamber derringers sit on all my mods with the same wide bore delrin shorty driptips. I have found my sweet spot and once achieved - juice is almost the only expense. Clapton coils are pre-made from Fasttech. I have been using these around 6 months and the first ones I put in -are still going ;-)

Neilly and Siam Diesel like this.
  9. Johnyhotrocks

Johnyhotrocks Member

Getting lovely flavour using twisted 28gauge khantol in my Griffin 22. 0.4 ohm @ 31w.