1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Yihi SX350J/SXMini Firmware update

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by Scratchy, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

This is the last one apparently.

3. asiaexpat

asiaexpat Well-Known Member

i stall havn't done any upgrades--any improvement in battery life with the updates?

4. Rick O-Shea

Apparently so but I didn't have mine long enough to notice.
    They also added an "ECO" mode which may or may not be solely responsible for the extra efficiency (if any).

Siam Diesel and asiaexpat like this.
  5. Scratchy
    Lurking

I've run only the last "test" version 2.23 and now this one. Because this is a dual battery mod and the way I vape with this being in the mix with others, I doubt I'll easily notice. I'm happy they added TCR adjustments and will try to see if I notice any change in Ti vaping compared to previous version.

6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Me neither...was waiting for the Ti Test version to be re-issued. Looks like another task for this weekend. ;)

Did Yihi post something about this on FB? Shame they're not going to support this any more!

7. Rick O-Shea

Not sure if they did but Perry from Varitube said it would be their last firmware upgrade for the 350J.
    At least it had a few upgrades, unlike the S-Class which was dumped upon release.

8. r_pakit

r_pakit Well-Known Member

Scratchy did you figured out what is the Compensate Temp and how it work?
    I'm still not sure myself how should I set it.

9. v 4 vendetta
    No Mood

v 4 vendetta Well-Known Member

Siam Diesel likes this.
  10. Scratchy
    Lurking

I haven't looked into it yet but think maybe it has to do with setting what your expected or current ambient air temperature will be. For example, if I lock/set resistance reading in an air conditioned room but will be vaping in a very hot environment. I am not sure that is correct though. I need to read up on it. I just leave it at its default for now which I think is 26 degrees?

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. r_pakit

The default is 25 degrees.

I did a little experiment myself.

First, I set the temperature at 400F (as I normally set on the previous firmware and never have a dry hit on this setting) then lock the resistant and set the Compensate Temp to 50, 25, 0 degrees accordingly.

At 50 degrees, I can get a dry hit.
    At 25 degrees, I almost get a dry hit.
    At 0 degrees, I never get a dry hit.

So in my mind right now Compensate Temp is something that will add some degrees in to your initial temperature setting?
    That just my guess.

:cheers2:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. Scratchy
    Lurking

It could be that. I must have accidentally bumped mine up a degree.

Dry hits with 400 F and 25 temp comp? I wouldn't expect that to happen unless you had wicking or atty issues. I only have what could I guess be considered dry hits (Not technically "dry" rather very little vapor) when I run completely out of juice but that is so rare because the change in vape is so pronounced just prior to that situation that I know I need to refill. Never yet had a burnt hit with TC.

Sorry, I see you said "almost" a dry hit at 25

I still tend to think it may be related to an offset for ambient temp which together with case temp and resistance, would be potential factors in the chipset determining appropriate power levels which then translates to heat as you noted with dry hits. I know ambient = room temp is often mentioned and recommended for when you lock resistance. Recall too some DNA 40s early on had issues with performance when used outside in the cold.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    Siam Diesel and r_pakit like this.
  13. r_pakit

Sorry to confuse you, Scratchy. But what I really mean in the term of dry hit in the previous comment is actually "burnt hit".

Let me correct myself

At 50 degrees, I can get a burnt hit.
    At 25 degrees, I almost get a burnt hit.
    At 0 degrees, I never get a burnt hit.

And also the Compensate Temp we use here, it is set in degree Celsius isn't it.

25C = 77F
    50C = 122F

So in this case 400F + 50C(122F) = 522F , no wonder I'll have burnt hit out of this.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. Scratchy
    Lurking

Yes C :)

At 400 F 25C you shouldn't be getting anything close to a burnt hit. I don't think it is adding degrees exactly linearly like you suspect. I bet 25 is what they consider normal ambient temp (77 F) which sounds right. I don't think it would be 400 +77. In my case I typically run at least 450 F and can say that in the range I have been used to form many months across multiple devices, it has not increased the temp to something like 450 F + 77 = 527 F.

Siam Diesel and r_pakit like this.
  15. r_pakit

That's feel more realistic, thanks Scratchy

:cheers:

Siam Diesel and Scratchy like this.