1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Would you buy one?

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by fruit-lover, Jul 8, 2015.

1. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

I am also in the 'as yet undecided' camp with regard to Nickel. I know many guys on here are happy using it, and my concerns are quite possibly, unfounded- but, for the time being, I'm not using ni200.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

2. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

I've read plenty enough to be OK with Ni200.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

What is the latest regarding nickel and titanium? I've got a couple mods on the way and need to consider picking up some wire.

4. Scratchy
    Lurking

Nobody knows with absolute certainty the safety vaping with these materials, including kanthal.

Below are some things I've picked up from a mix of postings in forums over many months. I am not an expert but I would say these are good guidelines in being rather safe in using these materials.

Kanthal:
    • Avoid sustained (more than maybe 3 seconds) glowing of coils in the yellow to yellow-white color range. Some amount of glowing with pulsing, even to yellow can help burn off residues and for preparing for rewicking and can help in manipulating the wire.
    Nickel: Recommend getting tempered variety as it's easier to work with than standard
    • Avoid glowing and dry burning. If you want to start to get some protective oxide forming, I guess you could do it but only very low heat levels and with short pulsing of coils. You want to avoid seeing it glow. Personally, I do not heat my Ni200 wire without juiced wicks
    • Spaced coils only - More for coil reliability, performance and resistance accuracy than safety
    Titanium: Some say safer to vape with than Ni200. I prefer it over Ni200 and find it easier to work with than all Ni200 varieties thought just a little springy sometimes
    • Clean the wire thoroughly before use. I guess that can hold true for the other wires as well but many titanium varieties can be coated with material you probably wouldn't want to vape. Clean with alcohol on paper or cloth and wipe it down repeatedly.
    • Avoid glowing and dry burning. You can heat the wire at low watts but stop when the coil changes color to something like a shiny stainless or blue. Heating can help form the protective oxidized layer but i think it should already have it or will develop in use. DO NOT use a Ti coil if you see at any point in time white or light grey type residue. Personally, I do not heat my Ti wire without juiced wicks

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    Siam Diesel, judas, haybilly and 2 others like this.
  5. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

Thanks Scratchy! Do you know if Titanium is available here on the island? Looking at Micky's and Big's I didn't see it.

6. Scratchy
    Lurking

I don't think it is. The shop we know about may carry ni200. I think the guy there mentioned it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Rev likes this.
  7. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Very true. Nothing used in vaping has had time to show an accurate track record. Nicotine is probably the safest out of everything used. We know you can inhale it and by itself is not really a problem. PG has been used for many years in the pharmaceutical industry and is safe to ingest. Inhaling it is still kind of an unknown. VG has also been used for many years in the pharmaceutical industry. It is actually the base used for hospital supplied breathing treatments. (With medicines added, of course.) Flavors vary so widely and while most are food grade and safe for ingesting, we have no real data on the heating and inhaling of these products other than the recent concerns of Diacytel & Acetyl Proprionyl in certain flavorings. Coil wire choice and even the material used in making the atomizer could also prove to be an issue in the future. We are all adults and can make our own decisions. My personal choice is not to use Nickel. What you decide to use is up to you.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. elmo

elmo New Member

snow wolf 200w for sure