1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

WOTOFO Serpent RDTA personal review

Discussion in 'Thailand Vapers Reviews By Our Members' started by Tibo, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo Thread Starter French Hedonist

Good day to you, fellow vapers !

As I promised to @Heaven Gifts in order to thank them for their very nice gift, here is my feedback after only a couple of hours using the WOTOFO Serpent RDTA I have received from them.

First things first, it has been a while since I haven't bought any RDTA or atty for that matters. So please keep in mind that among the few things that surprised me, it might be perfectly normal for someone "up to date" with the market.

In the box comes the following :

- The Serpent (yep, no kidding)
    - 2 pre-made coils, .6ohms (nice ones)
    - a bunch of spare O-rings, screws and gaskets
    - a bit a cotton, enough for two wicks I would say
    - an extra glass ring
    - a hex screw driver
    - an wide bore drip tip
    - a manual

Just there, I am amazed how complete this box is. I used to buy RDA with nothing but...the RDA lol

20170330_112240.jpg
    20170330_113503.jpg
    20170330_124811.jpg

The RDTA itself is of great build quality, open and screws down without efforts and the plastic they used for the drip tip is nice.

Note that I received the black version, which I was hoping for, but seems like there is a SS version as well.

It is small. I mean really small. At least for me it seems super tiny. It is not a bad thing, I am just not used to that size anymore. So even if the wide bore drip tip is supposedly wide, it feels a bit small to me. I haven't try the normal one.

20170330_125454.jpg

Setting up the coil is super easy, again the great build quality is a plus here.

20170330_124141.jpg

As for the way to wick it, I though the cotton should go all the way down in the tank but on the manual and on internet, it is said that the wick should only be going a little bit down the juice holes. I can't see how that will spare me from dry hits, unless they expect me to flip that thing over every 3 puffs, but I doubt there is a magical trick that levitates the juice up to the cotton.

Once correctly wicked, and it is really easy to do, time to have a go at it. The airflow is correct, on the wide side I would say, MTL vapers nothing to see here, that is a little cloud chasing atty in my opinion. Nothing tremendous but definitively performing some nice clouds.

Flavor is good, very good even when the wick is soaked but I doubt the cotton is able to drain the juice fast enough to my vaping style. Therefore the intensity of the taste is not constant after 3 quick draws.

Main cons, the noise. Forget about stealth vape, this thing is louuuuuuuuuud ! The airflow is very efficient but to a cost, it is louuuuuuuuuuuud !

So after a couple of hours with this, I try to stay objective as it is not the kind of products I use anymore. Performance is great, build quality is excellent I would say and it is probably the easier atty I have ever build on. The noise is a little drawback but nothing that ruins the experience.

I am very grateful to @Heaven Gifts to have offer me this, I really enjoy the look of this black version on my new mech :)

20170330_113608.jpg

I hope that was helpful :)

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

3. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member