1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

WISMEC Reuleaux RX200

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by Rick O-Shea, Nov 26, 2015.

1. a_spirit
    Angelic

a_spirit Swedish n00b

I saw something about a problem with some wire´s in a group on FB, it came with the 1.08 update i think... But i also saw someone recommend to downgrade to 1.07 that is also in the same package that the new update... I dont have a clue if it will solve it, because i dont have a reuleaux YET, coz of the postages service i will have to wait until tomorrow it seems...

Scratchy likes this.
  2. jon
    Mellow

jon Well-Known Member

And of course they could not make it as easy as a simple file to copy to the device to upgrade firmware. No, win or mac is needed. I got neither.

Scratchy likes this.
  3. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

I saw a post by one person that it seemed to help. Going the 1.07 a go. I am currently on 1.08

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Scratchy
    Lurking

1.07 not any better and the font it reverts to is ugly.

Did a comparison, same Bellus atty on IPVD3 then on RX200 and finally the DNA200 all set to 460F. On the IPVD3 I noted the temp of vape, volume of vapor and even the sound....some degree of crackling and sizzling. Let the Bellus fully cool down and put it on the RX200 and it was crap in comparison. Let it cool then back on the IPVD3 to confirm. Yep, the RX200 vape was crap. Finally, after cooling again, on to the DNA200 and the vape was so much more like the IPVD3....same crackling, nearly the same temp and a good amount of vapor.

Get this, I had to raise the temp on the RX200 to 540 F to get close to the same flavor, temp, volume of vapor and even the coil crackling sound I was getting on the other two mods.

If the next firmware update doesn't fix this Ima gonna sell it off. Unless in the future there is an absence of forum postings elsewhere reporting inaccuracies or weak vapes, there will be no more Wismec/Joyetech TC mods for me.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. a_spirit
    Angelic

a_spirit Swedish n00b

And you have all adjustments set right ?? I dont know em all yet, but i know there are some tricky settings on escribe to get it to work better... Seen some saying like you in DNA groups on FB and they advice em to change the settings...

6. Scratchy
    Lurking

The RX200 is not a DNA200 mod so there's no escribe applied.

Yes, I have all the settings correct.....for this mod it's only temp, wattage and coil type. You can lock the resistance too but it doesnt change the vape in any way with my testing.

Havent seen any weak vape posts in the DNA200 forums but I stopped visiting them long ago as both of my DNA200 mods work absolutely brilliantly. Easily the best TC mods I have. The RX200 and Smok Xcube II being the worst and all my others very good and no compalints.

Have to point out though that the RX200 loses it only on the point of being terribly undervalued with temp setting vs actual temp. Once I adjust the temp 80 + F above what I do with other mods (based on my last test) then it's a nice vape....a decidedly smoother vape than the XCube II.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. a_spirit
    Angelic

a_spirit Swedish n00b

My bad... :p sry

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Scratchy
    Lurking

No apologies needed!

The Evic VTC Mini copy I had and got rid of had the same inaccuracy/weak vape problem. I haven't seen an absolute confirmation but I bet it's either the same chipset in both or they're closely related.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. a_spirit
    Angelic

a_spirit Swedish n00b

I hope it´s just your RX200 that is bad, coz i will get one before the week is over :p
    That didnt sound as bad as it looks in my mind.. Ofcoz i dont wish that you have a broken mod, but i sure hope mine will work better, nah that looks wrong also, hmm donno what to say next.. Ahh
    Maybe it´s just your tank that is crap, i dont have it, i use crown and aromamizer and some drippers...

nah that didnt come out right either, im thinking i might just shut up now :p

10. Scratchy
    Lurking

I don't think it's broken. I suspect most are undervalued and most people do not care, don't realize or don't compare the vape it gives with other TC mods. Not saying I'm an expert but I know the temp of vapes in the ranges I have been using across about a dozen and a half TC mods since the DNA40 was first introduced. The Evic VTC Mini and this RX200 are the weakest and most inaccurate TC mods I have ever come across. Someone in the ECF thread pointed out that some test showed they are indeed undervalued. Then there's some reviews with testing showing its extremely accurate. Maybe on an open air coil it is but in my experience, not in actual vaping use. Not even close and that's across multiple tanks that work excellently on my other TC mods.

I hope yours is better and even if it's not, it's just an inaccuracy of setting and application so just be prepared to crank up the temp to what you like and don't worry about the burn point of cotton. Vape it according to what you like with temp and flavor. Well, unless you like an extremely warm vape then maybe you have to be a little concerned with singing and scorching etc but then again, with the inaccuracy of this mod, at least if yours is the same as mine, it's probably not going to get that hot anyway even near max setting. :)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    Siam Diesel and a_spirit like this.
  11. a_spirit
    Angelic

a_spirit Swedish n00b

Some juices i like hot, Pancake Man for example, but then the Heisenberg is not as nice when it gets to hot, then it tastes like a bad breath (most accurate taste i can think about :D) and i kinda try what watt or temp each juice and tank/dripper in diffrent mods tastes best, then i make a note on that in my little black book with the info on the juice, tank, coils, watts/temp and mod :D coz no tanks taste the same.. :p
    I just hope that the Reuleaux dna200 and RX200 dont have to much of a diffrence in the flavor on same tank, but i will try it with Crown when i get em...

12. Scratchy
    Lurking

My set temps usually but not always vary more according to juices than they do tanks. Some juices I prefer around 450 F while others I like upwards of 480 or a little more.

At the same temp setting, if your rx200 is like mine, I can guarantee the vape will be different than the DNA 200, including taste...that is unless your taste buds aren't so good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

a_spirit likes this.
  13. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

I'm very inexperienced with TC so take this with a pinch of salt if you will. I have a DNA200 mod and an RC200 and there is a definite difference in vape quality in favour of the DNA200. Much smoother and more enjoyable. To me though, as an inexperienced TC vaper, I don't have a real problem using the RX200. As Scratchy mentioned, if you can adjust the setting enough to get a vape you like then it's not a bad mod. I can do that so quite like it. But if I was offered a DNA200 or an RX200 for free? DNA200 every time. no question.

Siam Diesel and a_spirit like this.
  14. a_spirit
    Angelic

a_spirit Swedish n00b

Click5x.png
    For my Reuleaux DNA200 Just because i can :D
    **Updated**
    Wismec launches the upgraded firmware 3.00 version for RX200. In this version, the improved TC-SS316 mode and customized TCR(Temperature Coefficient of Resistance) mode are available now.
    For more details, please click:
    www.wismec.com

Siam Diesel likes this.
  15. a_spirit
    Angelic

a_spirit Swedish n00b

And there we go.. Updated to v3.00 Now we move over to what the heck im gonna put on it :D