1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

WISMEC Reuleaux RX200

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by Rick O-Shea, Nov 26, 2015.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Some random FB group.
    They said it started to get warm then just melted as per the picture, something about dodgy wiring on the mod.

Dieter. likes this.
  2. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Siam Diesel, haybilly and Rick O-Shea like this.
  3. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Interesting article, Dieter, a few suppositions, but generally good info.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

4. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Yes I also saw them yesterday on a few groups I am a member off, but today when I looked for them, they had been deleted.

5. Xtacy187

Xtacy187 Member

I believe this mod supports USB charging.. How different (better or worse) would that be from charging your batteries using a decent charging device?

6. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Depends on your charger of course but normally USB charging is much slower subject to the chip and what amperage it allows. I also like to continue to use a mod so always have 2 sets for any mmld at least

7. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

Very different in most cases. This Mod has a balance charger built in which not only balances the voltage of each cell but balances the internal resistances as well. It takes a specialized Balancing Charger to do this. Our normal nitecore, Efest, Xtar etc chargers don't have this capability. When running cells in series it is important that the cell's resistance is equal or one will take the punishment for all three and wear out much faster.
    You can alternatively purchase a balancing charger and properly wire a battery sled to accomplish the same outside of the mod.
    Most will probably charge as they normally do most of the week and balance them once a week or so in the mod.

8. Xtacy187

Xtacy187 Member

So I gather that using the mod to charge is better than using a charger if time to charge is not an issue.

For me it isn't as long the batteries last me a full day (which is very likely with this 3x18650 device). I'm an overnight charging kinda guy..

The Rev likes this.
  9. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

Ultimately yes and I am too. Just make sure you're charging in an area that is safe from fire in case things go awry while you're sleeping.

Neilly and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. Scooby

Scooby Well-Known Member

Happy New Year gang!!!! 2016 Here we come!!!!!

Well my RX200's came in the mail and I really love these guys. Updated to 1.08 Firmware. Just out standing I'll post some pics later.

Welcoming the New Year with the Relo DNA200 with a 30mm VCMT dual fused clapton @ 0.42ohm, slamming it at 75w. Also have the 25mm version of the VCMT on the RX200 and a Mutank from Indulgence on the other RX200. Going to be a very foggy New Year.

Have a very Vape Safe New Year everyone. See you all next year.
    Scooby

jon, Neilly, Konvict and 2 others like this.
  11. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Ok gents, just received an RX200 today and have started playing with SS316L, and this has led me to a surprise.

@Mack you will appreciate this I thin, although not sure if it's the same thing.

First I am going to compare to a DNA200.

On the DNA200 I am able to get a nice vape all the way down to 400F. Haven't bothered going lower. Plenty of vapor and flavor when set as low as 30W with an aggressive preheat.

On the RX200 set at any watts as high as 100 and below 530F the temp protection kicks in almost instantly and the power seems to be re applied 3 or 4 times a second, a guess of course but how it feels. So NOT PWM in effect. This gives a thin tasteless vape and down at 420f the quality reminds me of an I clear 30s I used to use, although that was a long time ago.

Build is 26g O.21r 2.4ID

So my questions, directed at others using this mod mainly, is this just my unit? Could it be the CTR for Ss that is preloaded?
    What settings are people using?

Set above 530F I am very satisfied and the error does not effect things anywhere near the same.

Sorry for the waffle but wanted to be clear.

12. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

I don't think I ever have and haven't been to that low a setting in a long time. Just tried it on both of my DA200s, each with a different atty and yep, the vapes are way too cool and weak for my liking.

If you like a DNA200 vape @ settings as low as 400 F but you need to set the RX200 to 530 or more, I would think that something is wrong with the SS profile or the mod itself. Curious to see what anyone else reports.

I'll have an RX200 here early next week and will share my experience though it will not be with SS wire.

13. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Sorry that was unclear. I personally don't like a vape that cool but some people do. 500F, or slightly higher depends on juice and coil state so far, is mush better for me.

Going to have to get a Ti and an Ni200 build made up and see if the problem continues. In the mean time I was just curious of the people I have seen that have one on here if they are having the same issues.

Scratchy likes this.
  14. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Ah, OK! Please share what you find out!

Longtail1 likes this.
  15. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Maybe i need to try out a DNA200, but with 6 working Mods, 1 on the way and about 5 waiting for me to finish my 3D priinter for new housings and repairs I cant buy another, can I? wheres that dam vapahoilcs thead gone lol.

Scratchy likes this.