1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Wire for TC

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by winwin, Sep 6, 2016.

1. winwin

winwin Thread Starter Birder on the run

Ti or SS are supposed for TC. Could they be used for wattage control ? Any difference to Kanthal ?

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried Google?

nicotinelove, Longtail1 and Konvict like this.
  3. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Warning, stream of typing: SS can be used for wattage/voltage and temp control vaping. Ti only for temp control. Ni2-00 only for temp control. SS is supposedly cleaner tasting than kanthal but I have vaped kanthal like 2 times the last several months so I'm not one to say. SS is also more difficult for some mods to regulate the temp with but works well with Evolv DNA 200 and DNA 75 chip mods. Also works well for Yihi mods that support SS. After firmware update, SS works pretty well on the Laisimo L3 too. Ti should only be very carefully dry burned for cleaning at low watts (5-8 W) or using a high temp setting. SS has the advantage that you can dry burn for cleaning more easily. Ti is my preferred wire type because it works very well on most TC mods and temp regulation is easy for them to do, so a consistent and less iffy vape oftentimes. Liking SS too because it can be cleaned more easily and the DNA mods work quite well with it.

jpr, pierdon, debatedude and 2 others like this.
  4. winwin

winwin Thread Starter Birder on the run

Thank you.

5. sah

sah Member

What Scratchy said is perfect imho .
    have tried nickel , titanium and ss , different wires and different gauges over the past 2 years i think .
    I do still for the fun of it use ss sometimes but in normal wattage mode ...
    But in all honesty am back to kanthal
    try a 7/8 , 8/9 wrap of 26g kanthal on a 2.5 mm closely spaced coil and see if that satisfies you .
    best wishes and happy vaping ..

6. Sergie

Sergie New Member

On DNA75(pretty sure that on another dna's also) you can adjust temperature to 300 and next click will be OFF - it is handy for dry fire cleaning

7. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

Thank you for your anwser.
    I'm using SS since more than 1 month on drippers (don't know so much about).
    I like it for the easy cleaning wen vaping sweet juice.
    Until now I feel comfortable about learning TC mode using it.
    I have read quite often on the web, that after time vapers came back to kanthal, can you please explain a bit more?