1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Where would you live in Thailand

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by peter-k, Mar 9, 2016.

1. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Thread Starter Well-Known Member

... if you could freely choose a place?

2. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

JohnKalasin Well-Known Member

Chiang rai! Moving there in 9 days.. Getting a 6 months ED visa and staring school there to learn Thai.
    Some reding material about Chiang Rai:
    Living In Chiang Rai - Chiang Rai Forum - Thailand Forum
    Chiang Rai - Lonely Planet
    Reise Chiang Rai - Overnatting Chiang Rai, Thailand - TripAdvisor

Most locals are very kind, many of them speak basic English and there is a daily night bazaar and every Saturday there is a BIG market near the clock tower..

Can rent a motorbike for 3000+ a month and there are many furnished condos for rent starting at 4500 with air con. Many Chinese tourist busses passing by to visit the white temple. There are also a some backpackers traveling..

You also have one street with bars with a few girls. And 4-5 massage shops that got the happy ending..

I love Chiang Rai.. Cooler up there during summer and winter it can go down to 10 c. One hour drive and your in the famous golden triangle..

And also Macro
    Big C super center
    Central Plaza

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    peter-k, farangmick and etlava like this.
  3. etlava
    Psychedelic

etlava Well-Known Member

Koh Lipe (South Andaman) so that I could scuba dive and vape by the beach every day...
    :vaping::vaping::vaping:

peter-k, farangmick and JohnKalasin like this.
  4. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

Off topic again. Anyone know the vlogger sunny in Thailand? He vlogs about his life and do and don'ts in Thailand. Where to live and a lot of useful information about living here

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

etlava, BKKPOO and peter-k like this.
  5. Yong

Yong Well-Known Member

Bangsean! Quiet beach, not much tourist, cheap housing. Not too far from bangkok

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

etlava and peter-k like this.
  6. colind88
    Devilish

colind88 Well-Known Member

Exactly where I am living - Asok :)

7. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Happy where I am, although it would be nice if a simple shopping trip wasn't an all day expedition. The nearest Central Plaza is Saraburi, 150 km away. Cheap living in the sticks though.
    I like the idea of CR, or a village not too far away. But my wife would find out about this soi, make a few contacts, and receive a phone call whenever I was spotted within 200 meters of it, despite ten years of evidence that I am not a sex god.

Loki, Siam Diesel, etlava and 3 others like this.
  8. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

Quite happy in Chiang Mai actually I live 6km from town with easy access to all big ring roads.

Cheap housing, convenient and the airport inside the sity (10 minutes from my place) makes it a winner.

There is also plenty of shopping malls around with everything you can think of including state of the art theatres.

I also have access to fiber optic internet even if I'm outside the city which is greatky appreciated.

Siam Diesel, etlava, pierdon and 3 others like this.
  9. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

just thought it was worth mentioning... I have been around Thailand and fell in love with the place. Got a really good rental room luxury and cheap in the condotel fully furnished and my girlfriend got a job offer in a school there so it's just perfect for us.

Sent from my iPhone 7s using Tapatalk
    Edit: just to clarify I have no experience at the massage shops there.. its just the way they dress up. I prefer a good old lady 45 years + when I'm getting thai massages

etlava and farangmick like this.
  10. charlie
    Hot

charlie Member

Hua hin and pattaya

etlava and peter-k like this.
  11. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

Here:

image.jpg

In the Sa Kaeo Province. I'll be there in eight years, when I retire.

12. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

To be honest I am right where I want to be now. In Isaan on a farm. few amenities and 100KM from the nearest big towns and shopping centres. The more popular areas aren't good for me.

13. pierdon
    Relaxed

pierdon Well-Known Member

I think it really depends on what you want out of Thailand...
    If you are in a stable relationship and don't need a reliable internet connection, probably any Island / Beach / Paradise sight out there...
    If you are looking to party, choices narrow quickly to BKK, Pattaya, Phuket (maybe even Samui if you don't mind seeing the same faces every other week).
    If you just want to enjoy the chill of Thailand, still party a bit (but not much), a reliable internet and a comfort similar to what you can find in "big cities", Chiang Mai is a good option.

After 2 years in BKK, i was a bit fed up... It was a bit "too mutt" for me.
    Even if i sometimes miss BKK's nightlife and other advantages, i'm pretty happy with CM for now :)

farangmick, etlava, peter-k and 2 others like this.
  14. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

Im renting . Will never get married to a Thai. Im not a tree, i can move. 555

Yong, Xilver, etlava and 2 others like this.
  15. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Mostly more towards the 3. option. I did not say anything about my wants because I did not want to fence the possible options. My wife needs shopping. I love more quiet, too many people / sqm drains me out.

farangmick and etlava like this.