1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Help Where to get PG/VG

Discussion in 'Thailand DIY Juice Making' started by suudlor, Jul 9, 2016.

1. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

2. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Very interesting indeed.:very good:

The main thing is that all DIYers and small e-juice makers here in Asia really need to know which PG and VG is suitable for vaping!

All members on this forum that are interested in DIY, are already doing DIY and small producers of e-juice have to come together and research which suppliers here in Thailand sells the highest quality of PG and VG that is suitable for vaping so that once and for all we know and can give advice to future DIYers which suppliers should be used and which products should be bought.

Making your own juices should not only be about saving money, but also making sure you have the best quality products that are safe to inhale.

Together we can make a difference and I think that at the end of this thread we should have one or two Thai suppliers of PG and VG that is safe for DIYers to use for vaping.

moonoy93, suudlor, farangmick and 2 others like this.
  3. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

I've posted this in several other threads but Union Science in CM has pharmaceutical grade PG and VG. They are the suppliers for the University Pharmacy and Science departments as well as the hospital. They have a website and it may be possible to order direct from them.

http://www.unionsci.com/

Tibo, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

@Lotta do you think that Chemipan, Huat and maybe the source that sethrune.sr has are definitely not the ones to use for vaping?

It looks to me like that is the case, if I read the link given by weaver93 correctly?

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Everyone has to make their own choices. I am definitely not telling anyone what to use or not to use. I personally feel better knowing that the product I am buying is definitely pharmaceutical grade. The company has a great reputation and would not be supplying Universities and Hospitals with sub-standard product. They have all their products labeled with proper labeling and have the documents on hand to verify the testing. Pharmaceutical grade USP PG sells for 90 THB for 450 ml. Why it's not 500 ml, I have no idea. Pharmaceutical grade Refined Glycerin sells for 120 THB for 450 ml. These prices are higher than Chempian but I don't know the other suppliers pricing. In the end it's up to each individual to decide what they are comfortable putting in their bodies. I have my preferences but they may not match others preferences.

moonoy93, suudlor, Phaitoon and 3 others like this.
  6. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Your input in much appreciated @Lotta

Konvict likes this.
  7. Phaitoon

Phaitoon Well-Known Member

UNION SCIENCE

Just found another WEB Site (besides unionsci.com)
    This one is in English: Union Science Co.,Ltd.

Under [Chemical / Food Grade / Quote]
    You get a list of their Chemicals including
    • Glycerine (450ml / 25kg)
    • Propylene Glycol (450ml / 16kg)
    and can directly ask for a quote…

Tibo and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Why not? This is a friendly forum and we all share our sources. We're only talking about PG/VG.
    Please do so like everyone else has.
    :cheers2:

sethrune.sr, Scuba Vaper and Konvict like this.
  9. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Same company. Didn't know they had an English website. I knew they were ISO 9001 certified but I didn't notice the certificate until I saw the English page. It does look likes it's time to upload the latest copy though. Also noticed they are not listing the Pharmaceutical grade of PG and VG. Maybe just have to ask for it. The bottles shown on the website do not match the bottles from the store.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    Tibo and Konvict like this.
  10. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

Forget about that ISO certification. It's a money thing.

11. suudlor

suudlor Thread Starter Active Member

Could you also PM me the link of your glycerin source? Thanks in advance.

12. sethrune.sr

sethrune.sr Active Member

@Siam Diesel
    The company I source from doesn't generally retail small quantities, they don't even have a store front. They have several plantations, 2 factory/refinery's and a office in bkk. I got in contact by pure luck of running into their head sales rep at a party. Part of our agreement was to be alittle cautious with associating them with our bullied little family of a vaping community. I have been treated generously and respectfully by them. It is within my nature to return them the same treatment. That being said since the minimum order quantity is much larger than a simple herbalist as myself can experiment with I would happily help anyone looking for vg with the specifications mentioned previously. If interested just pm me if happily share copies if the certifications and vg to anyone. :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

moonoy93 likes this.
  13. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Maybe to you and that's your right but ISO certifications are not given to facilitates that don't meet the standards. All it would take is for one case of corruption to leak out and all the ISO certified industries would be in deep trouble.

14. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

My understanding is that ml sizes match ounce sizes, so 450ml would be very close to 16oz.

15. suudlor

suudlor Thread Starter Active Member

PG/VG situation updates.

First of all, thank you guys for contributing to this post. I have a major update on my posted situation.

I just received both pg and vg I ordered from Union Science, mixed them at 40pg/60vg with FA Lychee at 5% and no nicotine. Without any steeping, just shaking and vaping, the flavor, vapor taste and after taste were how a vape should be. Unlike the hick ups I, personally, had with Chemipan's pg and vg. This was a major breakthrough for me as I could now go on and really taste and create my little ejuice apprentice.

Again, thank you guys very much for all your help.

Sea

sethrune.sr, Longtail1, Tibo and 3 others like this.