1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Where to find a battery charger in Bangkok?

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by David in Bangkok, Mar 16, 2015.

1. David in Bangkok

David in Bangkok Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I just want a basic (cheap) 18350 battery charger so I can play with a mech mod I got. I know some ecig shops have some chargers, but I was thinking it's probably cheaper somewhere else? Anyways, if anyone has found any from one of the electronics stores here let me know :)

2. Spliff

Spliff Active Member

Big C, Lotus......

David in Bangkok likes this.
  3. David in Bangkok

I apologize for my ignorance, I was at Tesco last night but I thought these chargers would be more rare and I would need to go find an electronics store. That was silly of me :surprised:

4. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

You won't be able to getting a charger for the type of batteries we use for vaping (18350, 18500, 18650) from Lotus or Big C, the only places would be vendors shops like Big's or Jimmy's shop, or maybe a flashlight shop..

David in Bangkok likes this.
  5. David in Bangkok

Thanks for that. The chargers that Big has are nice, but almost 400B. I got the mech mod because I thought it would be fun to try for a cheap price, but I don't see myself using it often which is why I'd prefer a cheapo battery charger. Maybe some electronics shops would have one but not the ones I checked. I didn't check Tesco/Big C because I thought they were rare.

I think I'll give a try at the classifieds forum :)

6. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

Now keep in mind that this is just my opinion, but a good quality charger is one of the best investments you can make if you are going to continue vaping. For either a mech or a regulated mod that uses an 18650/18350 battery, you will still need to charge your battery. If you don't have a charger I am assuming you're using an Ego or a mod with in integrated internal battery like a Hana mini. For me, I spent alot of money on my batteries (pretty much Sony) and I don't want to destroy good batteries by using a cheap charger. Your mods and your attys may change, but under all circumstances you will need to charge a battery. It just makes life much easier with a good charger so you can know how "full" the battery is, a good charger charges faster, and it is very convenient just to swap a battery when its running low. Just my thoughts.

7. David in Bangkok

You have a good point, but I am using the integrated batteries (MVP/iStick 20w) and I have a feeling I'm going to want to continue with these. The replaceable battery was a lot more of an issue years ago when it was harder to charge, with huge powerbanks etc I don't see the need for replaceable batteries for me personally. I don't want to upgrade now, but if I did buy a new mod I think I'd buy the iStick 50w.

I just got a mech mod and batteries for under 300B because I thought it would be interesting to give it a try. Maybe a small mod to use once in a while, but more likely I'll probably just give it away, which is why I figure spending more than I spent on the mod and batteries for a charger would be a little silly when I'm not really interested in any other mods with replaceable batteries.

8. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

@David in Bangkok get the 400thb charger. At the speed you are progressing in vaping, it won't be a waste.

You are going to buy couples of extra batteries sooner or later, you might like the mech mod and it's portability and use it more than you would have thought.

And even if you stick with regulated box, the USB charging seems to be less standard/safe.

Go for it, you might not charge 10 batteries a day but you'll come to need one
    readImage.jpg
    **Updated**
    You might be interested in this, 300thb:
    Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 11.57.15 AM.png

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. David in Bangkok

Will that charge an 18350 as well? I'm not sure I haven't dealt with these sized batteries in a long time.

I honestly don't like the replaceable batteries, I had them back in 2009. I really don't see the point either, I think if the integrated batteries were extremely expensive, it might make sense since the batteries would eventually start going bad making the mod useless. But when the mod is 2000B or less, I don't really see the point.

Of course I also haven't been vaping high wattages and honestly I'm not sure if I ever will. Of course if I ever start that I would definitely be more curious about the batteries because I know you sub-ohmers go through tons of batteries. But really my MVP will last me all day without charging it, I vape around 9-10w or so. Maybe that's the big difference which keeps my mah usage low enough that I have been completely satisfied with these integrated batteries, and I think the iStick 50w could probably last me 2 days.

10. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Spending a few extra baht for one with a digital read out is well worth it IMO. They're not exactly expensive.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

judas and David in Bangkok like this.