1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Where to buy ohms meter and organic cotton?

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by smithereens, Mar 27, 2014.

1. smithereens

smithereens Thread Starter Member

As the title says, where can I buy an ohms meter and (organic?) cotton in Thailand? I'm in Bangkok.

I just started vaping less than a week ago, but I'm already eager to start in on rebuildables. I've sourced pretty much everything else, except those two things. I'm not really interested in a VV mod to read the ohms; I prefer to get a a simple meter instead.

Oh, and one other small question:

When using an RDA, and you want to drip more liquid into it, do you usually remove the cover and carefully soak your cotton/coils, or do you simply remove the drip tip, and drip a few drops down into the barrel?

2. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

Big By-pass has ohm meters, but it appears he hasn't added them to this forum yet. I'm sure you can just send him a PM, but here is the link:
    OhmVolt Box พร้อมจำหน่ายครับ

I haven't found organic cotton, I just use large cotton balls and boil them. Others use sterile cotton that you should be able to buy at most pharmacies.

When dripping, what I usually do is take off the cap and put the juice right onto the cotton. You can do it by removing the drip tip as well depending on how you have your cotton set up.

3. pommyb

pommyb New Member

Sorry no time to look for links for ohms meter tonight as I am with my Thai family atm I can get them tomorrow.

Organic cotton. I have no idea. I buy a brand of cotton called Mamy, apparently available in many oplaces I am told. I get the cotton pads as opposed to the cotton balls. I don't boil them or anything. Orfganic, imo, is really too much trouble. I know yourauntbob boils so he might want to chip in here. I find the taste of basic cotton just fine straight from the packet. But organic and boiling is very much a personal do or don't.

As for the dripping question I do both, dependant on the wicking I am using for my build. If it is wicked in a way that will take juice without removing the toil cap, then that is what I do. Otherwise I remove the top capo and resoak the cotton. Also I vary to the depth of the drip wells for over dripping. If the drip well is small I take off the cap, Igo w3 for example. Whatever works for you is basically what you do. :grin:

- - - Updated - - -

And this time Ryanmacl. WHAT YOU SAID. :rolling laugh::rolling laugh::rolling laugh:

4. smithereens

Thanks for the replies. Think I'll swing by the Bypass place in the next day or two to see what he has on hand.

5. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

I buy 7/11 cotton and double boil. is it a pain in the rear end? yes! But one bag lasts 75 dog years so in the grand scheme of things its not a big deal. boiling removes certain chemicals (so they tell me) and the whole point of vaping (originally) is for a safer alternative to cigs.

if your going straight into mech mods, make sure you do plenty of research on batteries. if you are not using the proper ones, or you drain them too low, or......... there can be serious problems. its safe IF you know what your doing, but take a bit of time and watch some youtube videos and ask some questions.

enjoy :vaping:

6. smithereens

Thanks for the tips. Boiling cotton is fine with me. Think I'll try to find the sterilized stuff that was mentioned.

As for battery safety, I'm not going full mech mod just yet. I'm actually planning to pick up a trident v2 clone and start learning how to build coils. Once I can build a decent 1.8ohm coil, I'm going to try it on my vision spinner (currently my only battery) at it's max 4.8 volts. I don't want to bother with a VV mod because I know it won't be long before I start using mech mods - I just need to learn more about them first. So I'm hoping I can pull off a RDA+Spinner setup in the meantime. I know it's an unusual setup , but I figure it'll be better than my current clearomizer, and I'm wary of buying more stuff that will end up in a drawer never to be used again.

7. Pipcon
    Cool

Pipcon Well-Known Member

Ah, the voice of reason. We don't often hear that around here............

:A+:

8. yourauntbob
    Happy

restraint can be hard to come by :congratulations: especially with all the peer pressure :wink:

9. pommyb

pommyb New Member

The only peer pressure is the one you allow to be out on yourself by others. …….NOW BUY THAT DAMNED THING!!!!!:rolling laugh::rolling laugh:

10. smithereens

An update:

Sterilized cotton can be had at the Tsuruha pharmacy.

Meters can be purchased at the Big Bypass shop. I was there today, but he didn't have any. Will have more tomorrow.

When I was there I did buy a Trident v2 clone, kanthal, and a beauty ring for my Spinner. The Trident came with a dual coil pre-installed. I had him test it and it came out at 1.5 ohms. It worked on the Spinner, but heated up real slow. When I got home, I cleaned it out real good, put the coils back in, and tested it. The vapor production is not the greatest (I guess because it's slow to heat), but the flavor just blew my mind. Deadly Sin is soooo good. I didn't care much for it when I tried it with my clearo, but holy shite it's just amazing in the dripper. I can barely wait to get a meter so I can try the spinner with single micro coil to see if I can get good vapor production with it. With the beauty ring, the spinner actually looks pretty sweet with the trident on it. I'll put up a pic. Either way, I'm definitely gonna have to learn about mech mods soon. Just can't get over the flava flav!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. yourauntbob
    Happy

thats why you should be buying some type of mod sooner than later, on a proper mod it will heat up almost instantly. you could always do a fasttech nemesis, it will take three weeks but from what i hear its about the best starter deal in town

$24.63 Nemesis Style Mechanical Mod - stainless steel / with telescopic 510 contact pin at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

it takes about 3-4 weeks to get here, so you will have time to research your batteries.

12. Panga

Panga idiot

Although agree with YAB that mech mods heat better than spinners/vv devices etc a lot is down to your coils. As you build coils and learn how to make them neat and tidy they can still be very effective. I bought my first RDA about 6 weeks before my first mech and was pretty satisfied. Nothing wrong with going slowly. I still occasionally use an ego twist (essentially the same as your spinner) with a 1.4 ohm rda.

This was my first rebuildable setup:

IMG_1264.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  13. pommyb

pommyb New Member

So long as higher resistance Kanthal is used, 28g and up for single coil, and 30 up for anything else, to kewep the physical amout of wire that needs to be heated, down, I agree that a vv/vw can be used. Problem I have though is that the heating takes too long and does not reach a high enough temperature to make a decent vape on dual coils. Buyt that is me and very much open to personal preference. I tend to be VERY impatient with heating and fussy about my vapour temp and density. If it isn't just so then I have done it wrong and want to strip it down and rebuild again…..Hmmmmm…OCD much? lol

14. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

This is why I gave up on the 33hz chipsets. Not enough power to do anything. Can't wait til my Vapor Shark DNA-30 gets here, I'll finally have some power in a nice little package, and not have to jump through hoops to change settings. I might even have to stick a Storm-A on top of it when I go out, that should be fun.

15. smithereens

@ yourauntbob:
    This is good info. Thanks.

@ Panga:
    That’s cool to see you progressed similarly to me. I’m feeling really satisfied atm with this setup. After getting used to it and adjusting how I draw from it, I’m getting better vapour prod than I was with my clearo. And that’s with the un-ideal 1.5o dual coil. Btw, I like the look of that dripper in your pic.

@pommyb
    Those are the 2 gauges I bought yesterday. Gonna start wrapping and learning once I get my hands on a meter.

@ryanmacnl
    Damn, that Vapor Shark DNA-30 looks very nice indeed. This could very well be the next step I take.