1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

What to think about when getting a mechanical mod ??

Discussion in 'Modifications and DIY' started by a_spirit, Nov 20, 2015.

1. a_spirit
    Angelic

a_spirit Thread Starter Swedish n00b

[​IMG]
    Thats the first i got, i only buy samsung 25r.. From legitime vapestores(dont care what they cost, since i understand the impotance of quallity batteries) and i dont carry batteries in My pocket, IF i have em with me i put it Safe..
    And i dont know what volt but My mods never told me that it had low battery, i change em before that, i have 6 samsung 25r, 2 for kanger subox and 4 for koopor, change batteries almost on daily basis, so they wont be charged for a week in a corner :)

So hard short, tell me all i need to know about it and ohms law :)

Vaped from my iPhone with adapter to Tapatalk

fridgemagnet likes this.
  2. fridgemagnet

fridgemagnet Chiang Mai Vaper

Siam Diesel and a_spirit like this.
  3. a_spirit
    Angelic

I have another model, but i dont find it, i use it when i solder led diods.. This seems Nice :) i think i will put that on santas list of stuff i want for christmas :)

It's good to have so many ppl to ask and get info and ideas from

Siam Diesel and fridgemagnet like this.
  4. fridgemagnet

I don't want to monopolise the thread - maybe give someone else a chance to fill you in on any other stuff... :grin:

Do you mod flashlights? (LEDs, soldering..)

5. a_spirit
    Angelic

All are welcome to help to educate a noob :)

6. a_spirit
    Angelic

Yeah i did some, green, red, blue and UV
    And i put some party lights in a friends Old american stationwagon, after i put in a new roofing, pepita black and white, and then blue lights arround the inner sealing.. Made some light things for lighten up glas stuff

7. a_spirit
    Angelic

Off topic but im Soon gonna get into mixing My own juices :) just waiting for the stuff to get here by mail.. Found a flavor i like, heisenberg i think it's called, emptied My tank in less than 1 day, 6ml but it was only 3mg nico...

This noob is sucking in not only juice but all knowledge about vaping to the limit this is fun, always fun to learn stuff..

8. fridgemagnet

True - it's fun, and vaping is such a nice hobby. All the neat shiny toys, and then there's mixing too.

I'm starting out on mixing (a mixing noob) and have bought 500 mls of VG nic, at 72mg, about 30 flavours, and a litre of VG and of PG.
    That should last me through my stay in Thailand. I do have to return to Ireland for more medical stuff. Shame, really, as I was happy in Chiang Mai (the bargirls told me I'm a 'hansum man' :rolling laugh:).

Just part of growing old, I guess.

9. a_spirit
    Angelic

I ordered 1L VG 1L PG 3 flavors and 250ml of 100mg nic... So i start out in a smaller flavor range than you, oh i have the bacon flavor also, i was at a friend yesterday and he mixed it for me, so i have 30ml of 3mg nic bacon :D i think it needs to age a bit, it kinda tasted like sweetned bacon, not much bacon flavor, but still some...

Well, i would also stay in thailand if i could, we went home coz my wife had to go to work :D
    And i missed my bed, hotellbeds are soooo bad for my back...

Siam Diesel and fridgemagnet like this.
  10. fridgemagnet

Why is that - I always get bad backache after sleeping in a hotel bed.
    Too soft maybe.
    I have a lot of back trouble, and now I sleep best on one of these self-inflating camping sleep mats - a double sized one.
    Much better than even a really expensive mattress, but how long they will last... we will have to see.
    **Updated**
    AAhh - you live in Sweden... Beware getting batteries too cold.
    Lower temperature slows chemical reactions, including ion transfer. All batteries, regardless of technology work poorly at low temperatures.

Sweden and lithium batteries in the winter are a bad combination!

a_spirit and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. a_spirit
    Angelic

I have a whiplash and hernia, so back and neck takes a beating.
    Well i dont need to go out to vape, yet at least so My batteries wont get to cold...
    I try and stay inside just because the cold.. Yesterday was a strange temp out, ranged between -7 to +7 when i went to bed it was +7

fridgemagnet likes this.
  12. a_spirit
    Angelic

So hard short, tell me all i need to know about it and ohms law :)

13. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

It's when there is a short in the atty or coil that causes the battery to rapidly overheat, leading to venting. It can also be caused by weak or worn insulation between the firing pin and the body of the mod. Basically, the mod heats up to the point where it burns your hand and does this in under a second. If the mod continues to fire the battery, the battery will vent and possibly catch fire.

Ohm's Law helps you plan your coils based on your battery's output so that you minimize the risk of a hard short.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    a_spirit and Siam Diesel like this.
  14. a_spirit
    Angelic

So basicly if i use steam engine page, and dont go under the safety on my batteries and get quallity mechs/mods and use Samsung 25R i´m pretty safe then :D

And then we come to the fireingbutton, i want a bottom one, and what i understand there are 2 or 3 diffrent kinda of buttons, spring, magnetic and some other i forgot whats it called... Pro´s and con´s with them??
    And dont hold back, just let me have your personal experiense coz reading about how and why each button operates wont gimme the most valuable info, the wear and tear...

fridgemagnet likes this.
  15. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

Yup.
    The bottom firing button is all down to personal preference. Personally, I wouldn't say one was better than the other. I prefer spring loads. Others prefer magnetic loads. For some mech mods, magnets can be adjusted to control the throw of the switch. On some mech mods, the spring load can be adjusted to control the throw of the switch. Springs break, magnets get lost. IMO, they are pretty equal. The biggest difference you want to look for in a bottom button is recessed or not recessed. Non recessed buttons generally have a locking ring that can be screwed down, preventing the mod from firing when setting it down (of course, more magnets or more springs can do the same). Additionally, a locking ring allows the mod to be carried safely in your pocket or bag. A recessed button generally doesn't lock. Now that's great for convenience for your home mod, but sucks if you try to take it anywhere with a battery loaded in it. My two travel mods have locking rings. My two home mods are split - one with a locking ring and one with a recessed button.
    **Updated**
    Oh yeah - hybrids - no lock, no spring, no magnet. Just pure power. Hybrids scare me. I occasionally use one, but only if there is nothing else to use. But that is just me.
    **Updated**
    I like my mods like I like my women - bottoms!
    :devilish::rolling laugh: