1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

What say you on the subject of PG/VG.

Discussion in 'General Thailand E-Liquid Discussion' started by PCVKermit, Jul 25, 2017.

1. PCVKermit

PCVKermit Thread Starter Member

Been vaping for years but still don't have a grip on the topic mostly because I often don't pay attention if I like a juice I like it if I don't I don't. Last year I came up with the idea that high VG was a smoother smoke but this was based on a misconception I had a big stash of this 75% PG juice that was really harsh i had been smoking it for months when I realized some of the bottles had dates on them and the juice was 3-5 years old.
    I just got this juice yesterday it's not marked but I seen to remember from the order it's a high PG. The stuff is as viscous as water actually had to fix my wick to keep it from leaking out. I like the way it tastes and goes down but the clouds seem a little thin. Its great for low temp but it actually burns right of the wick on my dripper so If I pull to hard I get a dry hit.
    What do you say on the subject I'm interested in learning a bit maybe refining my opinion....

Tokay likes this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

How were they stored...in the fridge (or cool place) or at room temperature? I'm vaping a few flavors that are at least 2-3 yr. old that taste just fine but they've been stored in the fridge. I've also trashed a few bottles that were stored at room temp. and got very very dark (and tasted bad).
    I don't give PG/VG concentration a thought...I vape for flavor (and nic) not for clouds. My current crop of ADV's range from 50/50 to 30/70...all work fine in my tanks and I can't say I've noticed any viscosity difference between them.

Konvict likes this.
  3. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

Making all my juices at 70/30 more by habit than anything else, it has been a while since I vaped high PG juices mostly because I am making my stuff but like @Siam Diesel said the important stuff is flavor, if I like the taste of a juice I don't give a damn what the ratio is.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

A high PG percentage in the juice, normally gives a higher throat hit, and less clouds,and opinions
    say, PG carries the flavour better

Conversely a high VG content, gives the opposite effect...

I prefer a high VG content, its kinder on my throat...

PCVKermit and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

Good one, lots of debate on this topic. :very good:

I mix primarily at 70/30 because its kinder on my RDAs however I've mixed and vaped at 60/40 and 50/50 with no major differences apart from viscosity, less than 70/30 and it seems to dry out my wicks faster. I've been meaning to mix up a batch of 60/40 PG/VG just out of curiosity but haven't got to it because of laziness. If I'm not mistaken, back in the day most juices were primarily PG anyway just like the 75% ones you have so I doubt it will make too much of a difference.

The topic of throat hit is an interesting one so here's my opinion. I've had harsh juices at all levels, even at Max VG. I think it mostly depends on the flavor concentrates used, how much are used, steep times and perhaps most importantly; your current state. I've found drinking a bit of water and some time usually cured the majority of cases I'd had scratchy throat. PG dehydrates the body faster, so this makes sense to me and I've put it down to that before joining everyone on the self-diagnosed "I'm sensitive/allergic/intolerant of PG" bandwagon - not that I've got anything against them but unless a doctor has confirmed this, go drink some water. This say me.

PCVKermit, jorakae and Siam Diesel like this.