1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Washing new tanks....

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by -V-, Jul 9, 2017.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

So you get yourself a nice new tank, do you give it good wash out or just fill it up and start vaping??

I remember back in the day when I was trying lots of different tanks I used to go to town on my washing,,full strip down including o rings and boiling water clean the new tanks....

As i now just use the same old tank day in day out I just do a quick wash of the tank every time I do a coil change....

2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Toothbrush and washing up liquid before first use. Quick rinse under the tap thereafter.
    My 'Lush' could do with another proper cleaning though.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Always with new tanks, two baths in a bowl with boiling water and dishwashing liquid. And after that a good rinse with cold water.

After that I don't clean the tanks a lot and only refill them, but every day I clean my drip tips. Drip tips need to be clean!

4. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

Normally wash a new tank as @Konvict does. But if feeling lazy, give them a sniff, if I can't smell any oil, just go for it.

Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I usually give new tanks (there haven't been many recently) an ultrasonic cleaning. After that, they get a quick rinse when the glass tank starts looking cloudy.

Konvict likes this.
  6. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

I always wash with dish soap and a tooth brush. Some time ago I got an rta that smelled and looked very clean so i just locked and loaded. Big mistake. Learned my lesson and now I always clean new tanks.

Siam Diesel and jpr like this.