1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

VTR wheel seems stuck

Discussion in 'Vaping Technical Issues' started by Redhotchilli, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Redhotchilli

Redhotchilli Thread Starter New Member

I was real excited that my new VTR came today, but I have just found that, the bottom wheel that is there to further tighten tanks, is stuck fast.
    Has anyone else had this problem?

I bought it from a Thai Vendor and have just seen that they don't even have a contact phone number on their site.

This is putting a real downer on today for me :(

[​IMG]

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

2. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

It's not stuck, these are the new ones which Innokin now have out.
    I reported this here on the Forum, only vendors who still have the original ones for sale have the ones with the wheel which moves.
    Itaste VTR Modified Version by Innokin

Innokin itaste VTR (redesigned version) - YouTube

3. pommyb

pommyb New Member

Got mine yesterday and only problem was tightening the tank on to it too much, by mistake. Locked solid and couldn't take the tank off to refil. Needle nose pliers, and silicone to prevent damage, where the only way to loosen it. A good modification, I think, But I won't be making the same mistake twice...I hope.:no::no:

4. -V-
    Cool

So is yours the new wheel that doesn't spin too mate?

5. pommyb

pommyb New Member

No it's the spinning wheel. That is why I got it stuck. I was tightening with both the tank and the wheel at the same time. Then when I tried to remove it I coundn't get enough grip on either as the tank is recessed in to the holder and the wheel is pretty much flush with the sides of the mod.

So now I just hold the wheel and tighten the tank and use the wheel to help remove the tank.

6. Redhotchilli

Really? That is interesting. Thanks for the info. I haven't clicked on the links yet. I am just on my way back to my office. Well, it seems that I have the new one, oh or I guess it could be the old one and that it is busted.

How will I know which one I have?

7. -V-
    Cool

If you look at your picture from the OP is has 4 slots and 2 air holes on the 510, so yours is the new style not the old style.
    Here is a picture of new and old

vtrnew.jpg

vtrnew.jpg

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    jpr likes this.
  8. Redhotchilli

That's GREAT!

Thank you (I can't find the thank you smiley emoticon on my phone) but
    Cheers

:beer:

9. Britt

Britt New Member

Hi! After reading this forum, I have realized that I have the newer model of the itaste vtr, so thanks! Although I wanted the older model with the spin on wheel:/ Anyways, I’m wondering why I have very little resistance/air flow when hitting it! Do you guys know what I’m doing wrong or how I could fix that propbelm? Thanks so much to anyone reading my post.. and hopefully replying!!:)
    I tried uploading a video to show how hard my husbands hitting off it to have to get a good hit off it. But it’s saying, The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension...

10. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

Wow retro Vaping. What tank are you using?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

4 more posts to go and you can.

:welcome:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

What tank (atomizer) are you using? Generally, airflow is regulated by the tank, not the mod (vaporizer) to which it's attached. Suggest you buy another tank that allows you to regulate the airflow...an Aspire Nautilus would be one such choice. There are many others for MTL (mouth-to-lung) vapers.
    :vaping: :vaping:

Konvict likes this.
  13. Britt

Britt New Member

I am using the 2.1 ohms tank that it came with. I figured that has a lot to do with it, but wasn’t sure if I could buy others for this certain vape device. I just don’t want to put a bunch of money into it if it’s not gonna go anywheee ya know. But if u guys think that getting a new tank would fix the problem, I’ll definitely get one. Also, running it pretty low at around 10.5 watts so I don’t burn it out too fast or make it taste burnt if I go too high..
    **Updated**
    And I found running it at that 10.5, makes it taste the beet and get the best air flow but it’s still really hard to get good air flow....

14. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Don’t know that tank...they’re pretty old. Are you a MTL Vaper or a direct lung vaper?

I believe that mod has a 510 connector (never owned one) so another tank with a 510 connector should work fine. If you go with a Nautilus, you’ll need to vape it between 10-13 watts...sweet spot on mine is 11-12 watts depending on juice (1.8 ohm coil).

Konvict likes this.
  15. -V-
    Cool

VTR came with an iClear 30 s tank i think....