1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

VG Based Flavourings

Discussion in 'Thailand DIY Juice Making' started by Longtail1, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Thread Starter Vaping Troll

Well ny recent experiment with MTL, high nic vaping meant I got some higher PG juice. This has shown me that I have a little more than a slight sensitivity to PG and so I am having to make a switch to DIYing 100% VG juice.

Having a little trouble finding VG based flavourings, but I know tghay exhist, so has anyone got a name or link for me to a company supplying VG based flavourings please?

TIA
    **Updated**
    Well managed to find a couple of suppliers.

https://www.realflavors.com/collections/all (They do ship to Thailand)

[Concentrated Flavorings] - Nude Nicotine (Waiting to hear back about shipping here but I think they do)

Just put these up here incase ayong else is thinking about trying them.

I will be ordering from one of them, maybe both, to give this a proper attempt as I really didn't like the effects I was getting from PG. Strangely enough I didn't notice any of the problems when I started vaping, so a bit mystified to say the least.

2. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

Perfumer's Apprentice
    I have experience with 5 of their flavour concentrates, which seemed ok to me.

BTW Triacitin is almost as good as PG, and suitable as a carrier or to thin the VG. Don't use with plastic tanks.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  3. Longtail1
    Amused

Problem is that TPA are PG based concentrates I bel;ieve, or at least the 7-8 I just checked out are, and as whatever is going on with me and PG, although under control at 30% or less in juice, needs to be stopped as it is getting worse. So hence the request for companies producing VG based flavours.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  4. peter-k
    Fine

Oh so bad? What are the reactions?
    I used the 5 tried at 2 - 8 % dosage. But I understand, you don't want to have any PG anymore.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  5. Longtail1
    Amused

Very basically,

Sore throat,
    dry raspy cough,
    Tight chest,
    Difficulty inhaling and exhaling,
    Wheezing
    Nausea, and
    heart palpitations, (althoough I have to say this could be from the nic as well as I was @18mg/ml.

None of this when I started vaping though and minimal now problems at 30% or less PG.

And as you say. I don't want ANY PG now if I can help it and a 2 or 3 flavour juice will possibly have 15-20% flavour concentrate in it. Also as I was on max VG anyway I am not wanting or needing to replace the PG with an alternative.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  6. glenn

glenn Well-Known Member

With symptoms like those id getting myself of to a doctor for some tests to see if your actually allergic to pg or not .Your not in an older house with asbestos are you ?

Scuba Vaper and Longtail1 like this.
  7. Longtail1
    Amused

LOL No mate. It's definately the PG. I went back to max VG juice and in about 3 hours it was basically gone. Waited a day, tried higher PG again and instantly back. Off it and gone again. As I say I am good on 70% VG minimum but want to get rid of PG all together. It seems to have developed since I started vaping as I didn't have any of this when I began, on high PG more than 2 years ago.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  8. peter-k
    Fine

No harm doing an allergy test. In principle you could also DIY. Like take a plaster, wet the cushion side with PG and then wait for few h, or over night. The doctor will ***** your skin when he does it, which would make it even more accurate, but of you have a bad allergy you'd also show reaction without pricking.
    Especially the Nausea would be worrying me. I see why you'd like to avoid PG completely.

Scuba Vaper and Longtail1 like this.
  9. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

What flavours do you like @Longtail1 (or want to make) ?
    **Updated**
    PS, from what I understand a lot of the "vape flavours" are mixed with PG as a carrier, which probably helps with mixing and steeping. However food flavour (that's intended to be used in food) can use different carriers, alcohol is often used ... so my question - are you allergic to alcohol ?

Siam Diesel likes this.
  10. peter-k
    Fine

That's true if we don't use PG or Triac then you will use ethanol.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Longtail1
    Amused

I have 10 I'm going to get from Nude Nicotine. Generally fruity and desert flavours.

I think you know that I am NOT allergic to alcohol, after we met in Patts. lmao

Although they do use alcohol as a clavour base, and I am sure you can get Triac base flavours, if you say you can, These I am looking at as well as the ones from Real Flavours, are in either ALL VG or VG alcohol mix. They are designed for use in vaping as well. Not sure how good they are but trial and error will tell and Nude Nicotine have a good reputation in DIY Juice circles as well.
    **Updated**
    Found another site.

eLiquid Flavor Extracts – Liquid Barn

They have about 5, not counted, VG Dominant flavour concentrates about 85% VG, so that may be worth a try even though it's not completely pg free.

I'll see what happens with the others first.

Scuba Vaper and Siam Diesel like this.
  12. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

There are some electrolytes that I would like to tell you about. I'm not getting paid or anything.

13. Longtail1
    Amused

:rolling laugh::rolling laugh::rolling laugh:

Going to a different brand. Still got dry knuckles.

Roni and Siam Diesel like this.
  14. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Where's @Submaniac when you need him?
    :pleasure:

Longtail1 likes this.
  15. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

The dry knuckles thing is really confusing to me. The knuckles on my right hand are always well moisturized. However the ones on my left hand are completely dry. I'm right handed if that means anything. Just can't seem to get to the bottom of it.

Longtail1 and Siam Diesel like this.