1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Vertex V2 clone...soldout

Discussion in 'Big By-Pass's Atomizers, Cartomizers and Tanks' started by Big by-pass, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Big by-pass
    No Mood

Big by-pass Thread Starter Well-Known Member

VERTEX V2 Clone RDA
    Another RDA for your flavour chasers out there! The vertex v2 pulls off a Warm dense hot vape at a lower wattage. Compared to some other RDA’s, the vapour production at 15w is the same as most RDA’S hitting 25-35w. The device can run in a single, dual or quad coil mode “for best flavour we recommend a single coil 1.5ohm 28 gage kanthal build”. The vertex v2 is a 22mm dripper that has got a 510 thread with an adjustable silver plated pin that fits and is compatible with all other mechanical mod devices. The deck has a three post design “with a huge middle post” and the holes are big enough to fit a 20,22 and 24 gauge with ease. The negative posts are milled into the deck for better connection. The juice well on the deck is not super deep nor is it super shallow it’s about right in the middle. The vertex v2 has an adjustable airflow system and to be honest the RDA does not leak. Overall this is a grate device for flavour chasers and low wattage vapours.

Price 650THB.(include 3ring ss,black,copper)
    EMS 50THB.

VERTEX-V2.jpg

VERTEX-V2.jpg1.jpg

VERTEX-V2.jpg2.jpg

2. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I will try a lower build yes, I hope a 0.5 will do because I am trying to save battery life out of a mech, a lower build eats so much battery :(

I cleaned the atty but probably need a deeper scrub, good idea.

Thanks my friend

3. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Hi Tibo. You may want to also experiment with coil placement too...distance from side-wall air slots in addition to the height.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I usually build close to the deck wall (away from the poles) so coils are right in front of the airflow.

Would you recommend something different for this one ?

5. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

No, not really as that is how mine is setup but maybe not so very close to the wall. Sorry to hear it's been a disappointment for you! I know it may sound stupid asking but you don't have the outside ring on upside down do you? I can't understand why both vapor production and flavor would be so disappointing so am reaching a bit here for possible explanation for it. :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I am sure it's my crappy build. The airlfow ring is not upside down (but I checked twice lol). I have seen reviews of this RDA and I have tried yours, it's a bomb. I'll try a build tonight. It's not a Kayfun V4 with 41 parts anyway, not many things can go wrong so it has to be my build ^^
    **Updated**
    Done ! 24ga dual coil on 2.5mm reading 0.38ohms (I was aiming 0.5 :/) and now it is very nice.

Fired up on the mech mod, took a couples of puffs and though.."meeeh..."

Then I remember Scratchy, yours was sitting on the VaporFlask when I tried it. I though what the hell, probably not gonna change anything but worth a try, so I screwed it on top of the iPV2 and set it up at 20W and taaaadaaaaam !!! Here you go, finally up to its reputation !! What a great flavor ! I'll say up there with the Tobh for me, even better.

Airflow is very nice as well, easy to adjust and it makes a real difference. The only downside, the size of the deck. It's deep enough but very narrow, which makes the wick to fall at a straight 90 degrees on the edge of the coil.

Anyway, it works, awesome atty :) Thanks Scratchy for the support !

David in Bangkok likes this.