1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Veritas RDA clone 1:1 sold out

Discussion in 'Big By-Pass's Atomizers, Cartomizers and Tanks' started by Big by-pass, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Big by-pass
    No Mood

Big by-pass Thread Starter Well-Known Member

22mm Diameter
    Air Flow Control
    Reduced Chamber
    510 Connection
    Dual Coil 3 Post
    SS material
    Juice Well
    Engraved Ambigram Top Cap Logo
    Price 450THB.
    EMS 50THB.

verritas3.jpg
    veritas1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  2. colind88
    Devilish

colind88 Well-Known Member

Re: Veritas RDA clone 1:1

You need to look at this one guys. Possibly the most revolutionary design in the last 6 months. I always have leaking issues through air holes with my vaping style. This is going to make that a non issue and i am guessing perfect for the hana clone. I just bought 2 so I will let you know. There has been a lot of eye candy of late but nothing that I thought would make headway on the Tridents and Origens I vape with now. This one I think will. IMO ;-)

3. smithereens

smithereens Member

Interesting for sure... Looking forward to reading your thoughts, colind

4. colind88
    Devilish

Just arrived - 24 hour turnaround from Big - -couldn't wait - set it up with a single coil on my Hana clone- I was right - this is brilliant- 30 drops in and no leaking at what ever angle - except upside down of course. It is now my new favourite dripper. The draw is airy it is a huge hole but you can close it off if you want. flavour is stunning and did I mention clouds? I can't see what i am typing ;-)

Looks great - NO drip tip BTW- but I have loads. Easy to set up - watch a video first. Gets less hot than all my drippers at 1.3 ohm 17 watts 4.7V (guessing it is the airflow). Will try doubling up later but for now I am a happy camper.

Outstanding and REVOLUTIONARY.

Cheers,

Col

- - - Updated - - -

Ok here is a little update. This clone is not perfect. There are some issues in setting up with the centre post that need to be dealt with. if adjusted too tight it can draw up the connecting screw at the bottom breaking your connection with the mod. Minor inconvenience once you are aware of it -on set up. You can fill thru the air hole - cool for those not using exhaust type drip tips. Still no leaks -WOW.

This is 80% perfect. With a little more thought that centre post could be made without having to screw down a hex nut. It is 120 Dollars to buy the original - this is 14 bux - worth every penny.

I reiterate - much less heat on this RDA when chain vaping - again excellent.

5. smithereens

smithereens Member

Thanks for the info. After reading your initial post this afternoon, I did a little research online (Calivapes forums have a huge thread on this rda), and immediately texted Big asking him to save one for me until tomorrow.

The standard build on this is a dual vertical coil setup. But I'm not interested in dual nor vertical, so my first build will be a single horizontal ~1.5 ohmer. Really hoping the flavour is going to live up to the hype.

A few questions for you, colind:

1. Did you go vertical on your first build?

2. Does the nut at the top of the centre post give complete control over how far the centre pin sticks out at the bottom? Looks like this might be the case from pics I've seen. I'm planning on single coils, so I was thinking I could maybe set the lower nut permanently and then wrap my coil lead between it and the upper nut.

3. Flavour-wise, my best atty is the Trident (compared to Magma, Kayfun and Zenith). I know you're also a trident user, so how does the flavour compare?

6. colind88
    Devilish

Hey there - Just Colin mate :) you can skip the D.

Firstly you wont be disappointed.

Yes I went vertical - I bought two of these so i am running a single vertical coil on my Hana and a dual on my stingray. The issue with vertical is of course threading the wick which was fiddly but not hard. Horizontal will be much easier and i do not see an issue with it.

There are two nuts - the bottom one gives control over how far the centre pin sticks out at the bottom. My issue at first was when tightening the top nut to clamp the wire I was twisting the bottom nut as well thus pulling up the centre pin. Be wary of that. I could almost see soldering that bottom nut in place as the pin at the bottom is nicely extended in default. No issues on a provari, hana or stingray. So your idea is the same - set the lower nut permanently. It is a good idea.

Flavor about the same - slightly enhanced throat hit (prob because the coil is not entirely over the airhole) It is a good thing. Vapor is a bit bigger than the trident. I have a spaced ribbon coil which is not the best. I think a micro wrap is the better way to go here and I will do that build later. For now though I am very happy with this. Did I mention no leaking ;-) That was why I saw this a s a step forward - the leaking issues I have. This is just brilliant with a slightly cooler vape than the trident due to the airflow over the coil. If you vape with the air hole totally open you will find it tough to get your dripper hot.

have fun

7. Bic

Bic New Member

Hi Big

When will you be getting some more of these??

8. Big by-pass
    No Mood

in stock about 1-2week

9. Bic

Bic New Member

Thanks

10. Big by-pass
    No Mood

Veritas in stock

11. fillmcavity
    Angelic

fillmcavity Serial Vapist

Khun Big - Please hold one for me. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

12. BuzzSamui
    Cloud_9

BuzzSamui Well-Known Member

...already ordered and paid for mine - should be here Thursday/Friday - can't wait !

13. jon
    Mellow

jon Well-Known Member

Have sent you an order yesterday Big ?

14. Big by-pass
    No Mood

Thank you

15. PattsVaper
    Lurking

PattsVaper Thailand Vapers Member

Sold out already? That was quick!

Khun Big, the thread title shows this: "Veritas RDA clone 1:1 Sold out" is this correct?

I'm not concerned for myself because I got my Veritas from you already. :grin: :vaping: