1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Vaporshark 'dropping' Evolv?

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by Rick O-Shea, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea Thread Starter iStick Fanboy

Vaporshark are releasing a new mod similar to the RX using the Joyetech/Wismec board. The Hedron is basically a $70 RX with an illuminated fire button.
    Hedron

[​IMG]
    **Updated**
    Speaking of the fail-rate of Evolv boards, never had an issue myself but something seems fishy with my DNA250. Further investigation is need, I think either cell 2 is constantly being drained or the the load isn't being distributed evenly across the 3 cells. I have ordered some new batteries to investigate as mine are not Islamically married.

Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  2. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

So 20+ dollars more for the name VaporShark and the illuminated fire button compared with the Reuleaux.

It would only be nice if they also changed to a better 510 connection for that extra money they are asking so it be worth buying from them.

3. Konvict
    Relaxed

And if I look at the photos they did change the 510 connection!

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Me neither...have several Evolv DNA 40 boards in service for 1-2 years. ;)

Konvict likes this.
  5. Konvict
    Relaxed

I am not really a VaporShark lover but I do get the feeling that a VaporShark without an Evolv DNA doesn't have the same feeling to it.

But I let that up to VaporShark lovers to decide.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  6. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

well i am not a DNA expert but i believe the fail rate only the DNA200 and the DNA75 had, the older ones back then where kinda idiot proof and never failed as far i heard.
    However the Hedron is zero inovative, would have expected something from VS then the next RX...

7. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Yep, the fail rate all started out when they started with the temperature thing with the DNA 40 boards and it just kinda continued...

8. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Let's get some pictures up
    Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 16.36.45.png Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 16.36.58.png Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 16.37.11.png

9. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

Well i understand that after some extended time VS had to come out with something new ... and the Wismec RX is an extremely successfull chip thou i was under the impression its a joyetech chip inside of the Wismecs...
    Nevertheless i have 2 RX s and they are nice ... and even nowadays are much more of them out, so its clearly a successfull line ..
    the only cool thing here is the well known back light fire button ... ... thou..

i clearly dont need the 200 Watts, i might do something wrong, but i barely ever need more then 35 Watts ever,
    i would have more appreciated if they would have done some VTC mini remodelling ...