1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Vapor Flask DNA 40 Temperature Control Clone First Looks

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by -V-, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

3M is usually pretty good, not sure what thickness you could get away with. The thinner the better.
    The screen on mine was held in place by tape the thickness of normal sticky tape.
    Chances are you can just detach and reattach with what is already there though.
    No Idea what size allen key is needed.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Mine isn't stuck on just placed inside a plastic slot
    Also no allen keys work on mine i had to use those small star shaped things you use when taking a mobile phone apart....

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. PattsVaper
    Lurking

PattsVaper Thailand Vapers Member

So the battery gauge wasn't working properly before?
    I told V that the battery readout on my ZNA 40 drops to low when I power it over 20 watts but jumps back up when reset to 15 watts. None of my other mods do this and as V explained, it's probably a quirk of the Evolv DNA 40 chip I have.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Mine are hex nuts and need an allen wrench...but 1.5mm is the smallest in my set and it's too big. Will wait to hear back from VF before messing with it.

Nope, it never moved...now, it seems to be working.

5. PattsVaper
    Lurking

This clone looks great! And from V's review it seems like a terrific buy.
    Damn! This Vapor Flask clone and the SX mini are so tempting.
    But help me out here . . . . . how many mods does a vaperholic need? :rolling laugh:

6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

At least one more than you have now ;)

PattsVaper likes this.
  7. PattsVaper
    Lurking

:rolling laugh: :rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:
    Think I'll head over to Thailand Vapers Anonymous. :yes or no:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

They're always available...drop on by!
    :vaping: :vaping:

PattsVaper likes this.
  9. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

It's probably due to the way the DNA40 chips tries to calculate remaining battery life. It's not actual voltage left in the battery alone but as I understand it, voltage remaining and a calculation/estimation of how fast it will be depleted at the voltage/wattage setting it is firing at. Something like that. I know it bugs lots of folks as they would rather have a straight voltage remaining indication... I would too but it doesn't bother me and hasn't created any issues of any kind.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  10. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Its a problem with this temp estimate that gave me problems with the VF, I could only get half and hour vaping above 25watts from new VTC4s or VTC5s. I wouldnt have minded the indicator fluctuating but the device cut out at 3.9-4 volts and I had to recharge the batterys. I hope the latest board that there putting in has no problems.

11. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

I think you meant remaining power estimate, Mack, correct? The problem you describe would be maddening to me and I'd have sent it back for fixing too!

12. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Yes I did mean to say power estimate, good news it should be heading back any day now, I have 3 drippers and 2 tanks freshly coiled and wicked waiting.

13. -V-
    Cool

So still working just fine
    Swapped over to a kanthal coil and it automatically switched over just like the real chip does, put back the nickel coil and again it automatically switched over to temp mode
    Still hit and miss with the 5 click lock, but that's not a huge problem for me
    It does always ask if it's the Same Coil or New coil each time you take off the atty but again not a huge problem.

For the price of this shipped for anyone who is wanting to try out the temp thing this is a real bargain imho...

How long the chip will last?
    Well the moment it stops working or whatever I will update this Thread, if no update then it means it's still working fine.
    This is now one of my top mods, SX Mini still number one but this has to be second...

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. PattsVaper
    Lurking

Sounds really good V. This is the V3 by Kangxin right? FT sells them a little cheaper but I read that they stock the B version, whatever that means. So I guess the best vendor to get one from would be 3Fvape, right? Just might have to pick one up coz I really need another mod.

Sent by an Android

Siam Diesel likes this.
  15. -V-
    Cool

It is
    A little,,,
    Not a clue

Well that's where mine is from, same box as the FT one though...but the shipping was super fast from there to here with 3Fvape
    lol
    For this price with it being a VF with 2 18650 batteries this thing is good and I've mainly been using it in temp mode which is great with the subtank....

I am really thinking of getting the silver one with usb from them this week....

PattsVaper likes this.