1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Vaping in Bangkok and Koh Samui

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by Val Bailey, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Val Bailey

Val Bailey Thread Starter New Member

Hi crew. Heey my partner and some of her girlfriends are going to Bangkok,Singapore and Koh Samui in June. My partner vapes and we have both read a number of scary articles about tourists getting shaken down by cops over in Thailand up to the tune of $500U.S!!! And jailed!!

My partner wants to take a small discreet vape pen over and only use it in her room and not out on the streets. Whats her chances of getting into trouble. We know that Singapore is a definite no no with vaping, however there are conflicting stories about Thailand.

Cheers
    Zeke

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

:welcome:

The stories are true! According to recent reports, the “on-the-spot” fine is ~THB 40,000 (US$1,250) in Pattaya & Phuket (and probably elsewhere), or ~THB 10k per policeman.

As long as she successfully clears TH Customs (suggest putting it in a pocket), she should have no issues using a pen/pod system in her room. The same would hold true for Singapore (clearing SG Customs is the key). She should put juice and spare pods, etc., in her checked luggage with her make-up and the like, and I suggest that she plastic-wraps her luggage whenever possible. Spare batteries/pens, etc. must be carried in her carry-on luggage.

If she gets into a pinch, there’s plenty of local online merchants that can get gear to her in 1-2 days via EMS.

Thailand Vapers FAQ's - READ THIS FIRST (There are NO B&M Vape Shops) | Thailand Vapers

kevin bangkok and Bantorvaper like this.
  3. Val Bailey

Val Bailey Thread Starter New Member

Thanks for the info.I will pass it on to my partner. Cheers.

kevin bangkok and Siam Diesel like this.