1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Vapex - Kuala Lumpur 2016

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by ckapp, Jan 11, 2016.

1. ckapp
    Amused

ckapp Thread Starter Smile!

Official dates are 26 February - 28 February. Will update as I find out more. This will be amazing.

etlava and Yong like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Only if you want to see a bunch of kids blowing big cloudz...not sure most of them even smoked before they started vaping. The one I attended in Sept 2015 was boring...no place to sit and crowded beyond belief. Have fun!
    :vaping: :vaping:

Konvict likes this.
  3. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

Last one was fun ... But what about the fatwa? Did not the supreme being tell his earth bound representative/made up rules enforcer that it was his will that all people in Malaysia had to quit vaping and not freeze your unfertilized eggs (in the case of unmarried women... ) and a whole bunch of other things that are really nobody's business...

Pretty sure there was definitely some know-it-all who recently banned vaping on the grounds it was harmful to health... Which is not really true... So do you think the vapex would still be held?

Suppose there was a holy deity who actually had an opinion about what vaporized liquids you inhaled or what fermented liquids you drank. Then consider the omnipotence thing -- would it not also have to be known that vaping is not a health risk as others mistake it for?

So if the Earth guy who makes the list of things everyone else is not allowed to do is just wrong about something, do you still have to do it? Would the g-d be angry with you just for breaking the rule? Or would he give you a pass for technically being right? Why would he not correct the error of the guy who makes the rules then?

This is confusing. Is it not totally illegal in Malaysia to vape now or what?

etlava, ckapp, Neilly and 1 other person like this.
  4. El Sid

El Sid Member

If I'm not mistaken fatwa is for Johor and Kuantan, KL would be at this time too much noise and KL'lers can easily hit roads to protest compared to "countryside"
    hmm dang will be there 21st and can't postpone

EDIT:
    The council chairman also urged all Malaysian states that had yet to issue a fatwa on e-cigarettes and vapes to use the national fatwa council's decision as reference.

So far, four states have banned vapes, namely Penang, Kedah, Johor and Kelantan.

etlava and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

Will be there 22 to 24. Just booked it. And naturally, the very next thing to come 'cross the oculars - - massive vape meet on 26. Not gonna act surprised anymore... Just let this be a warning kids, karma is a b1tch, indeed.

If ever at some point in your life you come to a crossroads, and you must chose between staying the course or betraying your sworn oaths, pledging allegiance to your enemy and proving your loyalty by murdering a school full of children... You might want to consider the consequences. In some future incarnation, you may be subjected to an eternity of relentless petty annoyances. Seemingly random, but actually designed to slowly drive you mad over the course of a century.

So remember: take this advice, next time you have the urge - don't kill children, buy half off juice instead. You will feel much better about everything once you experience the bargain for yourself.

(Yes this is just a long winded plug, what about it?)

etlava, ckapp and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. ckapp
    Amused

ckapp Thread Starter Smile!

IMHO, the rural communities and their governing bodies are far more pliable and buyable than what happens in KL. Despite what's happened in Johor and now Kelantan (where I live) the Malay are not going to put up with the politicians being bought by tobacco, so-called "health-concern groups" - paid for to lobby against vaping by tobacco, especially in KL. The business in KL is booming. It ain't gonna stop. Period.

And in Kelantan, the (shhh) mobile vape man can be easily found and there are plenty of them on (oops) you can figure it out.

Face it: The people who vape will not stop, whether here or in other countries, like the f_ _ _ing USA. It simply isn't going to happen just because the bribes and the bribed say so. It isn't going to stop the momentum against tobacco while still enjoying nicotine and puffing. Not gonna... And the fact that the next big vape-a-thon is being held in a public convention center in KL should tell you something rather obvious...
    **Updated**
    And I bet you dollars to donuts that many pockets got filled exquisitely in doing so...
    **Updated**
    And that's exactly what happened with me when the TV gang got together in Chiang Mai. Missed it by a day or two. Shit: Day late, dollar short... Oh well, next time.

I'm looking forward to it. Lots if information, people to meet gadgets to play with. Sure; the RDA's will have their fog machines running at 200w, but so what? Isn't that the nature of the game? Do what thou wilt? I'm going to make some interesting in-person connections with several companies from Shenzhen and will be the official photographer for one of them. So... bookings and reservations are in order. Goin' for that free pass, ya know...

etlava likes this.
  7. centella4u

centella4u Well-Known Member

Hi y'all. Just signed in here right now so I'm pretty new here.
    Anyways, I'm planning to go to this expo but I can't, for the life of me, find a way to obtain a pass or ticket.
    The Vape Fair KL was easy and simple. This one is not.
    Could someone point me in the right direction?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Did anyone go to this...how was it??

Konvict likes this.
  9. Vape222
    Doh

Vape222 Member

I was in KL...didn't even know about it.....I guess I should follow this board more...lol

10. Hakiim Raouf

Hakiim Raouf Well-Known Member

Yes.. the event was at the end of February in Viva Mall Kuala Lumpur. The next big Vape event in Kuala Lumpur will be on 30th April, 1st & 2nd May 2016
    called Kuala Lumpur Vape Expo 2016. There will be hundreds of Malaysian brewer at that event. Hope you guys going to be here..!!! The event will be at Dataran Underground, Dataran Merdeka Kuala Lumpur from 10am - 10pm.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. glenn

glenn Well-Known Member

Can ejuice be "brewed" ? or is it only malays who use the obtuse term .

12. Hakiim Raouf

Not sure about the exact term here Glenn but the process is actually almost the same of brewing wine.
    But in Malaysia, most of the ejuice maker called themselves Brewer.

Submaniac, Neilly and Vape222 like this.
  13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Sure it can...I find nothing 'obtuse' about it. It's probably more accurate than some of the other descriptions I've seen. ;)

Konvict and Vape222 like this.
  14. Hakiim Raouf

Thanks Siam Diesel. Hope to contribute more on this forum within my capacity.

Siam Diesel and Vape222 like this.
  15. etlava
    Psychedelic

etlava Well-Known Member

@Hakiim Raouf you reckon this one is going to be bigger than the one in February 2016? Curious because if it's, I will go back for it.

BTW, :welcome:

Cheers

Siam Diesel likes this.