1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

V3 Flip clone 1:1 by Hcigar (CNC Mod) from Big with pics.

Discussion in 'Thailand Vapers Reviews By Our Members' started by Dieter., Jul 22, 2014.

1. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Thread Starter Secret Member

http://www.thaievape.com/big-passs-pvs-mods-devices-kits/6064-v3-flip-clone-1-1-hcigar-cnc-mod.html
    I just gave myself a birthday present in the form of the V3 Flip clone, which is a mechanical mod. Even with Big's other prices for clones the price of 2,299 Thaibath is on the high level for a mechanical mod. So why did I do it ? Honestly, when I saw the mod, I just liked it right away. Just a must have for me. It might tell you something about my taste, not everyone might like it, but I'm quiet happy I bought it. Even I only bought it because of the like, I discovered that it also had a lot of other qualities, therefore this review.

The mod comes in a nice black hard box covered with something that looks like silk to me.
    SNC00035.jpg

Disassembled it contains of a centre tube, 2 similar tubes for the top and bottom, top cap and battery cap with the build in switch. The top cap has some nice big airflow channels for the elderly Tanks that get the airflow from the bottom 510 connection. The top cap has an rounded feather loaded centre pin, or floated centre pin, and the connection to the battery is a screw which can be adjust to the battery. According to the specifications on Big's thread both the centre pin and bottom contact are gold plated brass.

SNC00029.jpg
    SNC00027.jpg
    SNC00028.jpg

The two tubes for the top and bottom are decorated in the top and bottom with some screw engravings, they are not engravings I come to that later but for now noticed the screw engravings both at the top and bottom of the two smaller tubes. There are also engraved some small dots but only at the top, so you always can see how you screwed the smaller tubes onto the centre tube. This is very important, since by screwing them on with the dots pointing towards the centre tube give the mod one length and by screwing the small tubes on the centre tubes when the dots are pointing away from the tube gives it yet another length. Just flip one or both of the smaller tubes when screwing it onto the centre tube gives the mod 3 different length. The shortest support a 18500 Battery, next length is for either a 18500 battery and a Kick or for a 18650 battery. The last possible length is fore a 18650 battery and a Kick or Kick 2. I can already see an advantage over other mods here, no Kick ring you can loose, if you want to use it without a kick for a while.

SNC00030.jpg
    SNC00032.jpg

The engravings are not engravings but done on a CNC machine and they are up to 2 millimetres at certain places, according to the specifications it takes around 25 minutes in the CNC machine. I really love the engravings even it make it not so smooth to hold in my hand, but am I a man or not ? Last but not least it also has a special locking mechanism which works with a small ball of steal. You just turn the whole switch about 30 degrees anti clockwise and the ball fall into place so you can vape, or turn the switch about 30 degrees clockwise to lock it. Here i had the only problem. It was difficult to lock the switch the first days, but when i with my fingernail pressed the ball a bit in, it worked just fine.

SNC00026.jpg

I had no kick, so just in order to test it I ordered one from Big as well, and I use the mod in 18650 mode with a kick and it works just fine. As you can see, I thought this special mod really deserve a Aspire Nautilus as tank somehow the design of the mod and the Aspire Nautilus suit each other, but that is just my opinion. you know taste is individual. at least I am happy to have found this mod.

SNC00034.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  2. Emmess

Emmess Well-Known Member

And also a belated Happy Birthday Dieter :)

3. Dieter.
    Fine

Thank you so much Emmess :thank you thank you

4. PattsVaper
    Lurking

PattsVaper Thailand Vapers Member

A very unique & manly mod Dieter, it looks fantastic! Your V3 & Nautilus are definitely a perfect match.

5. Pipcon
    Cool

Pipcon Well-Known Member

Happy birthday Dieter and the mod looks fantastic with the Nautilus. Hope you get many moons use out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using some sort of magic hocus pocus

6. Dieter.
    Fine

Thank you so much Pipcon:thank you thank you

7. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Happy birthday mate, thanks for another great review.
    Enjoy it....:very good::vaping:

8. Dieter.
    Fine

Thank you PatsVaper for your kind words. :thank you thank you
    Thank you Vapermorph. I liked doing this reviews, and by doing them I had a hope, that maybe some of the other vaper members of Thai E-Vape might be inspired to do some reviews of the devices, they are buying and telling us about them. That could be interesting, instead of just a picture.:grin: