1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Cool Use different wire in TC mode, even the mod has no such settings

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks For Vaping' started by Dieter., Sep 10, 2015.

1. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Thread Starter Secret Member

Many of us have already bought mods with temperature control and now many will have mods that all can to TC mode with Ni200 wire but not the different wires that just come to the marked now like Titanium, Steel or Diocodes wire. Since the temperature control really is a measurement of the resistance and adjustment, you only need to know either the temp coefficient of the wire or need to know what temperature to set the device on.

If your mod only can use lets say NI200 wire in TC mode and you like to vape it with 450 degree Fahrenheit, to keep the coil at this temperature, all you need to know is how many degree you have to set the TC control a,t if you want to use titanium instead of Ni 200 to get the same 450 degree.

A German Rewiever has just made an apps, both for windows, the web and ass a Android apps in Googles playstore. I know most in the forum are English speaking, and if you download the Android apps, it's already in english. I enclose a screenshot of the web apps, with my English commentaries attached, I don't know if the one is in English or German, but it's not that hard to use.Its very simple to use.

So for you who like some experiments here the different links :
    Android version :
    Obi's Dampfer Sofa - Android Apps on Google Play

Windows version :
    http://www.filedropper.com/tempum

Web Version :
    Temp Control

And finally the promised screen shot TC Control.jpg with a few English commentaries. Sorry could not do it better. After you click on "Berechnen" it calculates the temp in Fahrenheit and Celsius you should use on your mod.

etlava, The Rev, Moog and 3 others like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

:very good:

Great stuff @Dieter. Thanks for the share!!

3. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Thanks, Dieter! I've always been setting the Ti temp about 90 degrees F lower than Ni200 as a quick step. That per posts by some knowledgeable folks who measured temp differences between Ni200 and Ti. Gonna have to check this app out for sure!

English version available? If no, can you quickly translate the German wire names etc. to English @Dieter. ? I cannot copy and paste the words to do myself

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. Dieter.
    Fine

Well that is quickly done. The Android apps on Google Play is already in English, The webapps in german uses the following wires :
    Dicodes = The special wire from Dicodes
    Edelstahl = Steel wire
    Nickel = Ni 200 and Nickel wire
    Titan = Titanium wire
    Wolfram = Must be the same in English I guess.

That's it.

Scratchy and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Hi @Dieter. "Wolfram" is "Tungsten" in English...not that I've ever heard of anyone vaping Tungsten wire. ;)

6. Scratchy
    Lurking

Thanks, @Dieter. ! Tried out the suggested numbers which, by the way, are quite different than the multitudes of folks at ECF recommending an 80F to 100F lower Ni200 setting for using Ti. Seems not bad so far but will keep experimenting. Any word on a iphone app in development?

Dieter. and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. Dieter.
    Fine

No not yet. There are a few unhappy Germans in the German Forums, so I hope it will come. I keep my eyes open and if it should come, I will hurry to post it here.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Scratchy
    Lurking

Would be much appreciated. Thanks!

9. Moog
    No Mood

Moog Well-Known Member

Thanks @Dieter. ! Great app and web site. Lowered my Ti settings now and seems too work better.

One note:
    Edelstahl is stainless steel wire

Siam Diesel likes this.
  10. Scratchy
    Lurking

EDIT: I think some test done wrong where I didn't lock the atty when switching for those mods that require it? I was pretty careful and sure I did but the vape is now different on a couple of them. UGH! Just caught this with the IPVD2. Adjusting notes in red!

I've been experimenting with the app's temp conversions and found that you cannot count on the calculator nor the fast and easy 80 to 100 F less setting. Resulting vapes are very different across different TC mods. At first I thought due to differences in resistance readings across the mods but not absolutely sure. I'm thinking that with some mods and atty combos the calc can be pretty good but other times, especially with DNA chipset mods, very very inaccurate. It must be the way the chipsets calculate resistance and applied power or somethign along those lines. Not conclusive and this is a fairly amateurish test I think.

So, looks like all the DNA chipset mods are not at all accurate with the app conversions but the other mods are either somewhat close or close depending on the combo atty.

Sorry for the repeated words etc. below. Time saving!

Settings: Titanium dual coil in Stro V2 RDA. All mods Ni200 mode/setting. Ni200 temp set to 280 F which should equal 481 F according to the app.

IPV4S - Room temp resistance reads at 0.176 ohms when using lock function. 30 J. Vape is OK but somewhat cooler than 480 F should be. Vapor volume is decent but not quite where I would expect it at 480 F.

• Cross-checked with a completely different atty with different resistance Ti coil. Morph tank with Delta II Titanium coil reading 0.507 ohms at room temp with lock function. 30 J and the vape is actually pretty good. More vapor volume than with the RDA above. I would guess it to be 460 to 480 F - I don't know what the deal is here. I noted the lock resistance in original test and did it again and it had the same reading but the vape different.

IPVD2 - Room temp resistance reads at 0.168 ohms when using lock function. 30 J. Vape is a little lacking. Decent but somewhat weak vapor. I would say about 450 F.

• Whoops....went to add a space between sections and lost my notes on this one. Just tried it again...Morph tank with Delta II Titanium coil reading 0.507 ohms at room temp with lock function. 30 W. Vape is quite nice and temp probably near 480 F

Esquare (Latest rev DNA40) - Room temp resistance reads at 0.17 ohms when using lock function. 30 W. Like the IPVD2, the vape is absolutely anemic. Very little vapor. Like sucking air. No way this is anywhere near 480 F

• Cross-checked with the Morph tank with Delta II Titanium coil reading 0.507 ohms at room temp with lock function. 30 W and again, the vape is very anemic. Some more vapor volume than with the RDA above. No idea actual temp nowhere near 480 F

HB DNA40
    (first revision DNA40) - Room temp resistance reads at 0.20 ohms. 30 W. Very weak vape and very cool. Not as bad as Esquare but still not acceptable.. Like sucking air with some faint vapor mixed in. No way this is anywhere near 480 F

• Cross-checked with the Morph tank with Delta II Titanium coil reading 0.51 ohm at room temp. 30 W and again, the vape is very weak. Some more vapor volume than with the RDA above. No idea actual temp nowhere near 480 F

Hana Modz DNA-200 - Room temp resistance reads at 0.15 ohms when using lock function. 30 W. Like the IPVD2, the vape is absolutely anemic. Very little vapor. Like sucking air. No way this is anywhere near 480 F

• Cross-checked with the Morph tank with Delta II Titanium coil reading 0.51 ohm at room temp. 30 W and again, the vape is absolutely anemic. Same as with the RDA above. No idea actual temp nowhere near 480 F
      • Put settings to Ti @ 480 and this combo vapes excellent

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    Moog, Dieter. and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. Scratchy
    Lurking

Aha! Found the answer to why the conversion app wasn't working well for the DNA mods! The app is probably based on the curve/algorithm used by non-DNA type mods and numbers are far too low for DNA mods. For DNA mods a more accurate resource is the "Wire Wizard" tool at Steam Engine : Wire Wizard | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Credit for this info goes to ECF member named TheBloke. Snippet of his post further below and link is here: TC beyond Ni200: Nickel Purity, Dicodes; Ti, SS, Resistherm NiFe30; Coefficient of Resistance | Page 74 | E-Cigarette Forum

"You can get the numbers to try from Wire Wizard's "Ni200 equivalence" chart (which is actually a DNA 40 Equivalence chart, because the numbers listed only apply to the DNA 40 and its full Ni200 curve implementation; Yihi and other mods will require lower numbers...."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. Scratchy
    Lurking

I probably should have done the initial tests with one of my other RDAs that I have used more extensively and with ni200. The Stro RDA is pretty new to me still so my guess at the temp maybe not the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk