1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

The Innokin iTC - Revolutionary true Vaporizer Temperature

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by -V-, May 29, 2015.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Well it was going to happen, as everyone else has done it

Published on 28 May 2015
    The iTC - Revolutionary true Vaporizer Temperature Control from Innokin technology.

Innokin Temperature Control technology is the first to deliver real and accurate temperature control to vaping thereby eliminating burning and dry hits, maximizing battery efficiency and ushering in a new era in harm reduction.

Innokin Temperature Control is accurate to 5C and our innovative new technology can use all standard coil wires (including Kanthal, Nichrome, Titanium and Nickel) to accurately sense, set and maintain the perfect temperature for your vape.

With Innokin temperature control there is total accuracy with no guessing, cuts or caps – you set the temperature and the device accurately sets and maintains it perfectly.

Mo6495 likes this.
  2. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

So they are saying Kanthal can be used and not give dry hits when your wick runs out of juice?
    I'd be interested to see that working....

3. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I can't help but think it's intentionally misleading. Time will tell.
    I must say though that that mod is right up there for the most disgusting device I have seen from a big manufacturer, surely they won't release it in that state?

4. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I find your lack of faith in major chinese e-cig manufacturer disturbing, my young apprentice.

I know you'd rather like to have a French made device but we are busy writing poetry.

However I don't see why Kanthal could not be used with TC, note that I know close to nothing about metal but at the end of the day, if a chip can read the resistance, it means it can analyse the metal, somehow so why not the heat ?

A very professional approach from me as you can see..

Xilver, Siam Diesel and Moog like this.
  5. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

In the other thread about Temp control with Kanthal in my Post i already stated, from Innokin, that the mod you see is just a testing device, and the final product will be different. Rick sometimes you are just making very quick statements without reading the whole thread I guess. I am looking forward to this mod when it will be ready, because i still have trust in Innokin, and maybe they just have the experience to get it right. May I remind you that Innokin already had reverse battery inserting protection before Vaporshark, just one example.

6. judas
    Amused

judas Lethargic Member

I was going to try and answer this but PBusardo does a much better job than I could do. Start at 8:00 minute mark to about 12:00 mins.

PattsVaper and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. Rick O-Shea

Shame on me for not reading the very last sentence of a post in a completely different thread.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  8. chia yossarian
    Angelic

chia yossarian Well-Known Member

I've now seen this and another one or two claiming to have temperature control on Kanthal wires.
    Just wonder how this can be done at all.
    Kanthal has the property that the resistance does not change based on temperature, and as far I have learned so far, this exactly is the point where a calculation of temperature is possible.
    The chip measures the Voltage supplied and the energy consumed by the coil, a change in energy consumption while Voltage is constant is a sure sign for a change in temperature, and can then be counter steered by adjustment of Voltage.
    How can this be done with Kanthal?

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

That's the 64 million dollar question...I'm quite eager to see the technical explanation behind the hype.

10. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

uploadfromtaptalk1432905541066.jpg

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Quite strange that we had the TC for months now with only Ni200 and suddently the kanthal option pops up in two different machine at the same time, or few days difference..

12. Rick O-Shea

I wouldn't be surprised if the other company's claims is what has prompted Innokin to pipe up about theirs.
    I'm still very sceptical, not because it's Innokin but because of how it has been announced and worded.
    For example:
    upload_2015-5-29_20-33-24.png
    The answer I'm looking for is "Yes, it can!" but this answer is open to interpretation. iTC being the chip and it can use kanthal (but only in standard mode). Also after two FB posts and a video there is not a single mention of this chip doing temp control with Kanthal, just "real temp control" etc.
    Maybe they're being coy for a reason?

Anyway, I hope it can, shouldn't be long before we know for sure.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    Siam Diesel likes this.
  13. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I agree with you, the whole thing feels a bit shallow. We should have update quite soon, let's stay optimistic bro :)

Siam Diesel and Rick O-Shea like this.
  14. Rick O-Shea

Maybe they're just playing their cards close to their chest for the time being. I can understand that considering they're based in China.
    A lot of companies would of been claiming "first" but maybe Innokin are too classy for that.
    **Updated**
    The man from Del Monte has posted on FB about it using Kanthal in temp mode 'supposedly'.

Phil Busardo - Phil Busardo shared a link. | Facebook

Siam Diesel likes this.
  15. PattsVaper
    Lurking

PattsVaper Thailand Vapers Member

I was going to try and answer this but PBusardo does a much better job than I could do. Start at 8:00 minute mark to about 12:00 mins.

[/QUOTE]

Man! This is a super long PBusardo video but well worth the watch. :very good:

Siam Diesel likes this.