1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Cool The HB50 by HCigar

Discussion in 'Thailand Vapers Reviews By Our Members' started by lordofthedread, Apr 13, 2015.

1. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Thread Starter Professional Lurker

The HB50 Box mod by HCigar is a regulated wattage device here are some quick specs :

Variable Wattage from 7.0 watts - 50 watts in 0.1 watt increments.
    Tilt mod to adjust wattage.
    Spring loaded 510 center pin.
    Fire atomizers from 0.2 to 3.0 ohms.
    Ranges from 3.2 to 8.5 volts.

I received it just before Songkran, thanks to Big and his fast shipping :thank you:.

The mod comes in a simple cardboard box but nice enough :

IMG_20150412_101720.jpg

Inside the box we find the mod, a micro USB lead, user manual and a blue screwdriver :congratulations:.

IMG_20150412_101820.jpg

First thing I did notice is the box is quite light (182g with battery installed) depsite a solid aluminium casing.

Only one button on the mod, since you can change the wattage by leaning it left or right. The screen is very legible and has a good brightness allowing you to see it even in full light.

IMG_20150412_102049.jpg

Another great thing from the YiHi SX300 chip is it reads the voltage of you battery in real time, if you install a damaged battery, you will see instantly it is not full even out of your favorite charger.

The menu is very easy to navigate once you get the hang of it, 3 clicks on the button to lock the mod and one more click to enter the menu. Only 3 options in the menu : power regulation, power off and exit.

The button like many other said is the best I have tried so far, it is very comfortable, easy to find and has a very soft press and click.

The 510 spring loaded center pin connected with every single atomizer I did plug, it seems to be gold plated but I'm not sure. One thing, the pin is slightly raised from the box and does not allow your attys to seat completly flush.

On the button side of the box you have a micro USB charging port wich works good with a red light when the mod is charging and a green light once the battery is full.

Under the box you have venting holes for the battery, the inside of the box looks really clean with no glue or cables everywhere (note that I did not open the chip casing but saw it open in other reviews).

The chip can step down somewhat. The lower I could get was 3.5v at 7.0w on a 0.5 ohm but it cold not reach the 2.2v needed to achieve 7.0w.

I tried several resistances : 0.5, 1.2 and 1.7 he could bring them all to 50w or up to its 8.5v limit.

The back door is held in place by 2 screws (hence the blue screwdriver) and is in plain aluminium, seems they really wanted you to use the onboard charging port on this one.

Conclusion :

I find this box to be a really good buy, the YiHi chip powering it seems reliable and it works as intended with some nice extra features like the real time reading of the current battery load. The quality seems spot on and I personally enjoy the look of it despite the 5 mentions of Hcigar all over the box.

Pros :
    Nice finish
    Great firing button
    Ease of use
    Lightweight
    Very legible screen
    Spring loaded 510
    Real time battery load reading

Cons :
    Battery door held with screws
    Hcigar, we know you made the box already, thanks
    No proper step down under 3.2v (3.5 from my testing)
    510 slightly raised from the box

For 2500thb I think it's quite a bargain actually considering what you are getting.

Happy Songkran and don't get you mods wet people! :cheers:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    Nanook, jon, Emmess and 7 others like this.
  2. pierdon
    Relaxed

pierdon Well-Known Member

I own it too and i agree with you @lordofthedread .

I couldn't make such a nice a review myself...

Excellent boulot ! :)

lordofthedread likes this.
  3. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Thread Starter Professional Lurker

Making the review on my own website in french as we speak, thanks @pierdon :)

Hope to release a video as soon as I can find a stand for my camera (after Songkran probably).

pierdon likes this.
  4. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Nice review @lordofthedread I have the mod myself and have had it for one and a half month. I'm also very satisfied with it. Got it from Big as well. only one issue so fare the center pin got screwed out, after I used it with a Kaifun clone, Maybe the 2 screws just stuck together. But easy to correct. Had to open the box and the seal and with a plier put one part of the 510 connection back into a whole and hold it with the plear while I could screw the center pin back on. Easy. No problems otherwise. The device is working fine. For the price i think it's a fine mod. And the fire button is just the best i have tried. Works very solid.

5. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Nice info mate...

6. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

These HCigar devices seem to get good reviews--they must be doing something right.

7. Nanook

Nanook Well-Known Member

Great review, thanks for sharing.