1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

The Cost of Good Batteries / Battery Safety Links

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by Siam Diesel, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

I've ordered 18650 Samsung 25R batteries from Gearbest several times and they have always been authentic. Unfortunately, I went to reorder today and they are not offering any shipping to Thailand. I ran into this with them once before and in a few days a shipping method was listed so I guess I will wait it out.

SooKee and Nakhonsisean like this.
  2. SooKee
    Lurking

SooKee Contented Single Coiler

FWIW I've seen a couple of reviewers using Vapcell, last one was Vic Mullins on his review of the Pulse 80.

Sent using Tapatalk

3. SooKee
    Lurking

I've bought several batteries from LOS vape suppliers, HG2, 30Q and VTC5. Concerned that a few of these (not checked all yet) are showing only 88% charged once charged from full and put in their boxes for just a few days. Makes me wonder.

One LOS supplier has Vapcell 20700s which I need for the Pulse 80 (it can take 18650 too) BUT I'm dubious about ordering now. The VTC5s, that drop to 85% over only a few days after being charged to full (just sat in their box), were from the same supplier. The VTC5s also drop real fast in use.

4. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

Nowhereman, Siam Diesel and SooKee like this.
  5. SooKee
    Lurking

Thanks. Will check them all. Given the comments about the QR code seeming to be ingrained or burned in Vs block printed on, looks like the VTC 5 might be fake. [​IMG]

That said, the codes check out, one to early 2016, one to late 2015. Maybe that's the problem, if genuine, old batteries!

The code on them doesn't seem to be the same as that site depicts, if that is an issue. Wonder how hard it would be though for counterfeitors to get a combination of characters that would give a production date result?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    debatedude likes this.
  6. debatedude
    No Mood

Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. SooKee
    Lurking

Yeah I'm thinking these are fakes. On all the sites I looked at, the QR and the battery code are all in line. On these, the QR is above the 'Don't use outside of packs warning, on the opposite side. But the date checks out (Sat 7 Nov 2015), so they've obviously covered that one. Trouble is, these batteries can be well over a year old when you buy them.

Might go have a look at Amorn, see what they have here in BKK (Rama 4). Shame you can't currently buy from Gear Best :(

8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Thread Starter Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Besides Illumn.com, nkon.ru will ship batteries to Thailand, and they have a good reputation for selling genuine products.

debatedude and SooKee like this.
  9. SooKee
    Lurking

Thanks!!!! Don't think I'll risk any more locally sourced!

Had a quick look at Nkon. Not bad but 30 euro shipping!! You'd need to order a lot to make it worthwhile I think.

Illumn.com not offering shipping methods. Maybe they've stopped :(

Sent using Tapatalk

Ben2vape likes this.
  10. Ben2vape

Ben2vape Well-Known Member

Sure - I just deleted Prinkkly from LINE after getting a price list including Sony's VTC4,5,5a etc.
    VTC5 is 200 - rather didgy if you ask me.
    Illumn gives shipping around 1400 baht, nkon.ru is down.

Anything new?

Anyone 'going home' soon with a spare empty suitcase? :p

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    SooKee likes this.
  11. Ben2vape

Anyone tried something like Golishi S26 from Ali?

12. debatedude
    No Mood

SooKee, Siam Diesel and jpr like this.
  13. Ben2vape

So we have absolutely no decent source of batteries?
    I understand there are risks with many shops - but Aliexpress isn't a vendor, I'm just wondering what people do in Bangkok when they want a decent 21700 or 18650 decent enough for 30A or better... I'm wondering if I should give up my plan to get a single 21700 and risk two lesser known items in a dual mod.

Illumn looks good - but 'Economy' shipping on a couple of 18650's (around 360 for two HG2's) checked out at 1225 baht... and I don't fancy paying that much... Buying 4 (180 each sounds a bit cheap) ends up costing more than a mod... better order a mod with built in battery from Ali...
    **Updated**
    FYI apparently Sony came out with the news that their batteries weren’t to be used in vaping devices because it was unsafe and they sold their battery business so that newest VTC6 batches contain Murata branding...

So come on guys, somebody must have bought some batteries within the last few months that are either decent 18650's or 21700's and I need to get this puzzle solved before I go ordering a Mod.

14. debatedude
    No Mood

Sorry I can't help you more. I generally buy batteries once a year, when I return to the west

Siam Diesel likes this.
  15. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Thread Starter Nauti Moderator Staff Member

This is up: NKON | ru.nkon.nl

Like DD, I order batteries very infrequently. My last order came from Gear Best the better part of 2 years ago. The last time I ordered from Ilum, I bought a dozen batteries...but that was back in 2015... ;)

debatedude and jpr like this.