1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

TC Consistency

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by Lotta, Jan 26, 2016.

1. flem
    Relaxed

flem Vaping for 5 years

I have just tested my Steamcrave with Nife52 running at 0.26ohm at 235c on my DNA200 and set my cuboid to the same temp and the vape is much the same on the cuboid.
    I you want to you can play around with the TCR on the cuboid for nickel and Titanium and SS.

steam crave aromamiser

2. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Both VT200's the same. One straight away and the other after the atty cooled, about 30 minutes. It was a bellus tank. I did tighten the lock ring at the bottom holding the deck in. and the tank was firm on the mod, but who knows right now. lol
    Truthfully I am at a loss here. I musy be doing something wrong but I have no idea what the hell it is. lol

Only thing I can think of that would have changed is the gunk on the coil but from one puff working refill and next puff not working it makes no sense that that is the problem. Gonns have to go back to researching this again to see what I have missed. AND get more wire. Going through it at an incredible rate. lol

3. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

TC is more sensitive to older, gunky or "worn" coils, right.

4. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

On Vtc mini, rx200 and apparently the same on my cuboid (yes I have and still testing) I can get a very similar temp to a DNA200 set one by using an adjusted TCR or with Ti or Ni200, jacking up the temp setting significantly to get it to equal the accurate temp on the DNA200. Not as smooth though.

Btw, what tcr value you using with NiFe52 and what do you think of the vape? I read several times very good things about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Scratchy
    Lurking

Longtail: it must be something with the atty or something happened with internal resistance or maybe even a unnoticed and unintentional atty resistance lock put on one of the DNA200s. Something's not right

6. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Going to look very carefully ate scribe settings when I bet back in to bootcamp on my Mac.

I will look at all your possibles carefully. Thanks for the assist.

Not giving up on this cos when it works it works really well. I will get it sorted

Thanks to all for the ideas I will carefully go through everything.

7. Lotta

Lotta Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I have noticed on the Cuboid and IPV5, Ti1 wire is working much better than with the Telsa as far as consistency and flavor is concerned. Before trying the Cuboid and IPV5 I didn't care for Ti1. I thought is was harsh and inconsistent. Could be that the TCR Tesla is using for Ti1 is not matching up right. I actually like Ti1 now. Much less harsh and more consistent on the other mods. Still have the large temperature spread between the two mods but once at the setting I like both seem to handle Ti1 fine. I could always go into the Cuboid's Custom TCR and get the temps closer, but I'm not maxing out on temp with the Cuboid so I don't see the need right now. The more I play with it, I think the Cuboid is really tuned for 316L. It does extremely well with it and since Joyetech seems to be going all in with SS coils, maybe they were more concerned with the SS setting and took the time to get it right. With future firmware upgrades they can fine tune the Ni200 and Ti1 settings and get them closer if they want, if not there's always the custom TCR settings. At first I thought the Cuboid was just "off" using any wire. But the performance with SS tells me that they can fix the other wire settings fairly easily if they want. Until these new "coiless" and ceramic heads get everything ironed out and can prove themselves, SS seems to be the way to go. I like it much better than Ti1 or Ni200 and I can use it on a power only device if I just have to.

8. Scratchy
    Lurking

Cuboid Ti dual coil with TCR setting sets base resistance at 0.19 and a nice and somewhat overly warm vape at 450 f (my guess about 470 to 480F). Same atty and coil when set to built-in Ti profile reads resistance at 0.17 and the vape is pitiful at 450F requiring increase of temp setting to about 540 to 550 F (!) to get a 450 F-like vape.

Locking resistance does not work as lock clears when switching between tcr profile and built in. Would be great if joyetech fixed this problem or allowed manual resistance adjustments like some other mods

9. Lotta

What TCR value are you using in the custom setting?

10. Scratchy
    Lurking

Oddly enough, a meager 350 which is considered the default anyway for Ti (Steam engine default 366). These are the joyetech/wismec value format.

And to add that while the resistance reading remained the same at 0.19, the temp of vape was warmer than last night. I estimate at least 490.

Just popped the same Goliath V2 atty on the RX200 and it reads the resistance at 0.17 with TCR at 380 and as I expected with it's lower resistance reading, the vape is much cooler at the same 450F setting. Probably about 430 or 440F. Switched to Ti preset on the RX200 and it showed the resistance still at 0.17 in both Ti preset and TCR which I had at 380. If I set the TCR the same as the Cuboid's 350, the vape is extremely weak.

I have to say that based on all of my testing and experience with these Joyetech and Wismec mods, you are probably not going to have a vape temperature using Ti and Ni200 that actually matches the temp setting you have specified. This is for the presets. If you use TCR, be prepared to experiment. Unlike any other TC mods I have used, with the current generation firmware, the RX200, VTC Mini and Cuboid are less than set and forget, accurate and consistent devices. They may play nicer with SS 316 but I am skeptical they are right on the money.

If you don't want to do any adjusting and want a more consistent TC experience, I recommend DNA200 and Yihi chipset based devices. The Cloupor Mini+ and GT, while not supporting as many wire types are also more consistent and accurate as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. flem
    Relaxed

flem Vaping for 5 years

I set it to 400 on the cuboid and the mini. I have tried to set it from 360 and up to 430, but I find that I get the most satisfying vape at 400.

I have found that the aromamiser and the griffin tank are the most accurate in temp mode.

12. Lotta

The IPV5 is the newest Yihi chipset. It seems more accurate but the rattlesnaking is a bit annoying when it happens. Since these devices are firmware upgradeable, maybe we will see some more improvements in the future. I would like to have a DNA200 device but I chose to buy 4 mods instead of 1. If things don't turn out any better for the other devices, I may end up trying to find a used one. I know the DNA200 is an awesome board but the price has just put me off of getting one. I'm sticky-sht what can I say?

13. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

While not being the best I know my impression, the eVic Mini works rather well in TCR or TC with FW V3, once I got used to it's quircks. I have just screwed a new SS316L 8 wraps 0.89 ohms spaced on top of it, and the cherry flavour is so good. I'll go to my girl and kiss that cherry mouth, too. Delicious!

Scratchy likes this.
  14. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

Dicodes send you some NiFe30 with the mod and they suggest 320 for this

Nife30.jpg

Scratchy and Siam Diesel like this.
  15. Scratchy
    Lurking

Agreed but if you're like me, you'll be less annoyed over time. :)