1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Not Vape Related Suggestions for a week in Pattaya. What to see ?

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by jon, Jan 26, 2016.

1. jon
    Mellow

jon Thread Starter Well-Known Member

We have taken some guest down to Pattaya for a week of sun and beach, came down on Sunday. And since then it's been freezing here :very sad:.

We live were we have always been staying the few times we have visited before, Natural Park resort, great place but the wifi is a little bit shaky when the whole gang wants Netflix.

Yesterday we visited Underwater world, and that was a success, but we hopes for a few ideas for locations to visit.

None of us drink and we got a 5 year old daughter too. We got some pamphlets and could start on the top, but usually the locals got some useful info on what to avoid.

Siam Diesel and Scuba Vaper like this.
  2. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Not sure you wantg outside, but on The[rasit Road, Jomtien, there is a placed that has different animal attractions they can take you too around the Pattaya area, including elephant riders, tigers and horse riding. Not looked at much around there for chiuldren as all mine are adults now.
    **Updated**
    That should read theprasit road btw

3. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

So not a guys holiday, hmm guess that rules out walking street and some of the other "attractions" :)

The floating market I quite enjoyed, plenty of stuff to buy and eats, but they do charge admission, feed the elephant if you go. Big Buddha hill is a nice spot and free to visit. I heard about Ning nooch tropical gardens, might be worth a visit. Do some snorkelling or diving ? Dunno if the go karts is good for kids or not ? Teddy bear museum on beach road ?

Further afield there's the silverlike vineyard, and close to that a big Buddha carved into the hillside, near sattahip.

Dunno if the Ramayana water park is open yet, would be great for kids, quite fancy it myself actually ...

Some starting points to chuck into google anyway :)
    **Updated**
    Ps boat trip to Koh larn from Bali hi pier ? If you're feeling wealthy shop till you drop at Central festival, then on to a movie or bowling on 6th floor ...

Siam Diesel and Longtail1 like this.
  4. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

I have to say that after 3 years living in Pattaya I am ashamed to say that I don't know what there is to do there really thast is suitable for kids. Ifound it to be a VERY adult oriented location, no surprise there and personally I hate the idea of taking my children there, If I had any that weren't grown up that is. lol No reflection on the OP of course, just that all things seem to gear to adults either in actual fact or the atmosphere of most things there. Most family entertainment is outside Pattaya and somre of them quite a trip to get too. Even the beach in Pattaya is not to my liking because of the constant hassle with vendors and the "ladies" on beach road all the time, although I know this has been cut back alot by the local BIB.

Basically I guess I am trying to say sorry for not being able to help more.

5. Scuba Vaper

Guess that's why it's called "fun city" by some ... Within that there's quite a lot of families who visit ...

The beach in Jomtien has less hassle from ladies I think, and is a lot wider than Pattaya beach ... Also possible to go further in each direction, so less sellers hassling there ...

Siam Diesel likes this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Hope the weather warms up for you! Good suggestions already in this thread.

NongNooch Tropical Gardens is well worth the visit. Silverlake Vineyards is also a nice place to take the family and the restaurant is pretty good.

You might also want to take a day boat trip to the nearby islands...a local travel agent should be able to help you with this (they're everywhere...check with a couple to compare prices). This would be more attractive if temperatures climb a bit!

Scuba Vaper and Longtail1 like this.
  7. Taengmo
    Twisted

Taengmo Well-Known Member

We don't go into Pattaya too much, maybe twice a year just to break up the boredom...

In my opinion, there are only two things worthy of 'pretty cool' status...

One is the Sanctuary of Truth, it's a pretty amazing wood temple structure completely hand made in Khmer style:
    https://en.wikipedia...ctuary_of_Truth

The other is the Chinese temple museum called Anek Kuson Sala (Viharnra Sien)
    https://www.renown-t...iharn-sien.html

The 'floating market' doesn't seem to be a floating market at all to me, just a tourist trap. I'm not sure how it continues to be as attractive, but it's packed most days.

8. Scuba Vaper

I got the impression they bus in coach loads of Chinese tourists via the back entrance, presumably on a discounted group fee.

9. v 4 vendetta
    No Mood

v 4 vendetta Well-Known Member

Day trip to Koh Larn costs only 30baht per person on the longtail boats

Siam Diesel likes this.
  10. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Art in Paradise is worth a visit.

Scuba Vaper and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. jon
    Mellow

jon Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for all suggestions. We have been at the nightmarked, Big Budda, Naval view point and Elephant village so far. The floating marked we have taken of the list.

Walking street is out yes, no my thing anyway really. In my years in Thailand I haven't even visited a bar :)
    But thank you all again, weather seems to getting better so all is well.

And I got my trusty devices to keep me happy .

20160128_082703-red.jpg

Mack and Siam Diesel like this.