1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Not Vape Related Such a huge fan of this man, just had to share

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by Lotta, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Lotta

Lotta Thread Starter Well-Known Member

85068865.jpg

Anbessa likes this.
  2. pierdon
    Relaxed

pierdon Well-Known Member

Yeah, Freddy Mercury was the man !!!

:D

3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

A very fast (electric) car now bears his name...
    (and we're not talking about any stinking Mercury) ;)

Konvict likes this.
  4. Lotta

Not just fast, insanely fast. Watch some of the YouTube drag race videos. Everyone is scared of the Tesla and rightfully so.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

The human race in it's state of mind and the evolution of it at that time and currently wasn't and still isn't ready for his inventions to use them for the good of all... Hopefully we will one day.

6. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

+1 Nikola Tesla was for sure one of the greatest minds in the past century
    although out of fairness we should add
    + Walter Schauberger
    + Konrad Zuse
    + Max Gerson

There is also a Minus list imho..
    - Einstein, cause he stole every single idea he is known for .. :D
    **Updated**
    Thats BS, the Human Race is waiting for all that each and every day ... there is just a tiny group of Greedy Slavers which dont want to loose control over the masses and they will do EVERYTHING in their power to surpress any knowledge which would let the Human Race break free from their slavery ... true the have lots of power ... but we are much are and they are afraid of us and they should be.

7. Lotta

Tesla, unlike Einstein took most of his secrets to the grave. He kept very few notes as he had an extraordinary talent to visualize complex ideas and how they would work in his brain and had no need to sketch them out or make notes. The things he did have left were confiscated by the US Government before his body was even cold. I have no doubt he had some very dangerous things stored in his mind but he was smart enough to keep them there.

8. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

hmm i am unfortunatley unsure if he could take all into the grave ... HAARP is very dangerous and is def. one of the inventions from Tesla,

@Anbessa
    Just released ..

its Not the People, its a few Rich Bastards enslaving all of us!

9. Lotta

The US Government took everything he did have written down. So I'm sure some things slipped through but let's hope he took the worst of them with him. There is no telling what this man may have had stored in his mind.

10. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

11. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

Please forgive me if I'm wrong, but I always thought that this was a case where the legend was a lot bigger than the man. If I remember reading correctly, Tesla had very few usable inventions and had no scientific training. The great majority of his projects were a failure. There were two patents for an AC motor and Tesla's was the newest one but it was thought he had access to that information copied, and modified it. His idea for wireless electricity transmission or the Wardenclyffe project was an absolute failure. It was thought that if he had any scientific training in physics, he would have realized that his project was doomed from the beginning. Something about needing hundreds of thousands of these towers to even supply small amounts of energy, not counting the fact that it was directionless, so the efficiency of such a system was poor at best.

It seemed to me that he was essentially the snake oil salesman of science projects. Claiming that he could invent things that defied the laws of known physics, but having little to no evidence at all that anything would actually work.

If you read through the FBI files, which have been released and are publicly available, he was basically destitute and next to homeless as a result of all of his failed projects. The FBI did raid the hotel that he was staying at and all of his few remaining possessions were sent to his brother. He had a lot of stories and ideas, but as many have said not written down.

Einstein is considered one of the most intelligent men, yet he wrote everything down and contributed far more to the world than Tesla. Its seems a bit disingenuous to say he was doing everything from his heart and to help the world and a bit too coincidental to say he had all these great ideas, then to excuse any evidence of their lack of existence as "well, he didn't write it down."

When it comes to Tesla, I'm not so certain that the legend accurately depicts truth about this man.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    Phaitoon likes this.
  12. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

Oh yah @ oil. The few rich illuminati... Rothschilds and Rockefellers.... sorry i almost forgot about them....If you would catch what i was writing you wouldn't have to share your opinion with me.

Just send it

13. Lotta

That's the great thing about everyone being able to have their own opinion. There are many stories about Tesla available to read or documentaries to watch. To some he was the greatest mind in history, to others a lunatic. Just for arguments sake if something good was in the files the FBI had, do you really think they would release that information? There were many credible witnesses to some of his claims. As far as the free power part goes, do you think there is any way he would have succeeded? Too many people in the way for that to happen. It's easy to say something is impossible until it is actually done. There are many inventions today that were thought impossible just a few years ago. Physicists are making discoveries all the time that were previously thought wrong or impossible. I'm not here to make an I Love Tesla day or anything but read a little about his life from more than one source and form your own opinions.

oil likes this.
  14. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

My sources (plural) come mostly from actual physicists who debunk just about everything he did as either not being original or simply impossible/not realistic within the laws of physics. The files from the FBI are ridiculously old now and I can't see any reason why they wouldn't publish the information. Almost all of the files surrounding Tesla are the FBI trying to get access to some material - thought to be plans about a "death ray," that he had kept in a safe hotel (which the hotel wouldn't release until his bill was paid, more than $10,000 at the time), and the disposition of his remaining possessions that they did have immediate access to.

J.P. Morgan directly financed his free power project. He had the financing, he claimed that he had the plans to make it work and he failed to deliver. I don't think there is any dispute to this fact. Do I think it would have succeeded if it worked? It would have become the single greatest invention of all time. J.P. Morgan could have taken an absolute monopoly in the power generation industry. When it failed, Tesla was begging for more money and with nothing close to a working prototype, J.P. Morgan declined. Does it seem more realistic that a shrewd businessman like J.P. Morgan would not have continued to finance Tesla if he believed it would work?

There may be credible witnesses to verify what Tesla said. Unfortunately most witnesses aren't very credible. It seems convenient to excuse all of his failures based on the statements of "not writing it down" or that it was a government cover up. In Tesla's particular case, the FBI files document their only interest in the "death ray." We have no physical evidence that he could actually do what he said. No plans, drawings, patents, working prototypes, literally nothing.

Wireless transmission of power is possible and we have it today - to charge our phones and they must be in close proximity. Nothing on scale of magnitude that Tesla was going on about powering whole cities. Nuclear power is a far better energy source and invented much after Tesla's time. There are plenty of ideas that were thought impossible years ago, there are a great number more that have been confirmed impossible. Unfortunately the laws of physics are just not as flexible as Tesla may have believed in the 1800's.

It may be possible that we don't have all the information but since he didn't write anything down, we'll likely never know. It seems far more likely that if he and his ideas were genuine, he would have written them down and desired them to be shared with and used by the world. No point in spending your entire life working on such ideas only to die with them. Perhaps it was better to die with people only questioning his abilities rather than him writing anything down to have them confirmed.

15. Lotta

I guess we have to agree to disagree on this one. I don't want to argue the point back and forth. The question to ask yourself about JP Morgan is how would he make money on free power? That was Tesla's plan all along. There is no disputing the fact that he once powered 200 light bulbs wirelessly from a power source 26 miles away. Doesn't sound like he was getting no where. He also still holds the record for the longest bolt of man made lighting at 130 ft long. One time, while he was working on magnetic resonance, he caused an earthquake so powerful that it almost obliterated the 5th Avenue New York building that housed his laboratory. He was the person who used Niagara Falls to make the first hydro-electric power plant. He also holds 700 patents. These are undisputed facts. The rest is up to you to believe or not.

oil likes this.