1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Subtank Mini V2 by Kanger

Discussion in 'Thailand Vapers Reviews By Our Members' started by peter-k, Dec 30, 2015.

1. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Great flavour with full body from these Kanger OCC atomizer heads, but forget about the 0.5 Ohm because they run too hot and some of the flavour is actually lost. The lasting of the coils is about 50% shorter compared to my Joyetech CL and CLS coils, as confirmed by my puff counter for several times. RBA section is a bit small but ok to build in it. It works best with coils around 1 Ohm as well, IMO. But for 1 or 1.2 ohm usage the air-flow is too loose even at the tightest setting. I understand they can't close it up more since the vapour production is already on the hotter side as it is. I can use lower ohm coild but then only when using TC. Therefore, the 0.5 ohm included by Kanger should better be a TC capable coil.

+ I like the build quaility and design
    + Juice viewing is great
    + Filling is convenient
    + No leaking if I don't top up fully till the end of the chimney

- Atomizer heads are rather short lived and higher prized
    - Hot vapour in general
    - Mouthpiece is too fat
    - Airflow adjusting is hard
    - Air flow is to loose for above 1 Ohm usage, but too hot for general sub-ohm usage

Verdict: Overall not recommended tank, it's neither fish nor meat, neither M2L nor DL.

2. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

JohnKalasin Well-Known Member

How match space do you have between the bottom of the coil and the air flow hole?

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  3. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

Thanks for review. Dunno enough about vaping yet to comment intelligently on what you wrote.

I ordered a Subox mini kit, which I think is same or similar tank. Just getting started really, and not expecting a "rolls royce", but hopefully better than what I already have :)

farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I believe you'll be pleasantly surprised at the difference compared to your current CE4 setup! :)
    :vaping: :vaping:

Dieter., farangmick and Scuba Vaper like this.
  5. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

Siam Diesel likes this.
  6. peter-k
    Fine

I actually try to adjust the coil so the wires out are horizontal with the screw clamps. I did not measure the gap but it's miniscule. If too high it pops into my mouth. If too low and / or there are some fibres of cotton in the gap it pops like crazy, too. That's what I learned. Any tips and hints please share, I am also a rookie still.

7. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

[​IMG]
    Im bulding with AWG but this gap looks crazy high to me...
    Thoughts?
    Or maybe this is how the gap should look like even with AWG ?
    Sorry for spamming your review:thank you:

Siam Diesel and farangmick like this.
  8. peter-k
    Fine

I cant say for clapton, no experience.

For me that looks pretty high. Using Kanthal I am building it lower, as mentioned above. You are not spamming the thread, even the opposite. Let the advice and also variations roll in.

9. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

So it'll appear as a give away soon then peter-k? Just in case I don't win Dieter's Nano kit. :very good:

etlava likes this.
  10. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

Experienced wise guys what's the verdict? Should the coil bottom be placed like on the photo even with AWG.

Requesting, backup asap. The blueprint is no where to be found..

Edit: Does the subtank only comes in Mini? I mean, the RBA deck, are they all the same size?

11. peter-k
    Fine

I and for my personal preferences I do not quite understand why this tank is so hyped up in reviews.

In the beginning I was quite enthusiastic, too, mainly because the flavour with the OEM coils is even better than with my Joyetech stuff. But the first dampener came when the puff counter displayed about half the number as what I am used to. And then when I dismantelled the OCC heads I could not see what's wrong. The cotton still looks acceptable (but is very small amount only) and the coils where black but not really gunked. I caught myself vaping my Joyetech head with the coil wrapped in charcoal (from a tabacco flavour) and I got a heart attack when I shine my tourchlight in there. :unbelievable:

I find the cotton dark brown or black usually when the head is done, and the coils do look visibky gunky. On the OCC Kangers I can't see anything wrong.

I am still eperimenting with my Kanthal wire I lately received and the RBA section. Until I do find a better setup, or until I find a M2L tank with rebuildable section and a lesser open airflow.

12. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

I am chain vaping all day long with my subtank mini using the 0.5 Ohms coils, from the wake up time to the night time, and my coils are lasting for long, very long, can't say exactly how many days...
    So I am really wondering what happened with your coil
    Just for info, when changing the coil I am easily starting at about 23-25W, then increasing the power with days passing.
    I love the Uwell crown tank but the subtank is still my most used tank, the one I bring with me everywhere I go

etlava, BuzzSamui and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. peter-k
    Fine

Got my new Ti wire now. Success!
    Ti at 0.6 Ohm, 30 W in TC mode. That dampens the harsh notes significantly, now I can enjoy flavour. Starting to like the tank.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

The Subtank comes in at least 3 sizes...besides the Mini, there's a 25mm version (called the Subtank Plus) and the Subtank Nano (18.5 mm). IIRC, there's only an RBA deck for the Plus & the Mini...at least this was the case the last time I looked into it.

What do you mean by 'AWG' in this context? AWG is short for 'American Wire Gauge', and refers to the size of a wire, e.g., 26 AWG Kanthal wire (or 0.4 mm).

15. peter-k
    Fine

Oh, it's a 28 G, 7 wraps on 2.7mm.