1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Stop smoking - start vaping

Discussion in 'The Thailand Quit Smoking Discussion' started by Andaman, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Andaman

Andaman Thread Starter New Member

If you're an heavy smoker 25 A's plus a day, can you fill your nicotine habbit with vaping alone ?

For me its very difficult, specially when I am working!

How about you ?

2. bioxx

bioxx Steamer

Absolutely!

25/day is not really heavy but more or less 'normal', I was on 60/day, that's heavy but nowhere near the top.

If you think its the nicotine you need you could always try X-High (32-36mg) juices.

For me its not the nicotine but the action of 'smoking'. I'm on zero nic and there are times when I completely forget to steam, but there are also times when I chain-vape.

3. Purple Vaper

Purple Vaper New Member

i was a 40 a day smoker and since vaping i haven't touched a smoke
    all good my end:very good:

4. Sickkboy

Sickkboy New Member

I think I'm included in the heavy smoker group, a pack to a pack and a half, even worse when drinking it can be like 2 packs to 3 packs.

It was a little bit hard for me to just put down cigarettes and vapes only, I started with 13mg nic and I did smoke 2-3 cig for couple weeks when I really crave for it. But now I can say that I'm a non-smoker.

5. MarcinVaper

MarcinVaper New Member

:vaping:25/day
    Vaping also saves me a lot. Lol

6. Tahmos

Tahmos New Member

Hey, nice to see a fellow Belgian here, bienvenu/welkom
    I second that!!! for most of us, the addiction is to the habbit, not the nicotine itself (or at least the nic addiction is gone within 3-5 days according to science)
    Whatever your carving for nic, start with high nic (18mg or higher... u'll have to try) then u can progressivelly go down with it.
    What I've been said when starting (and it's so true!!!):
    1) get a good Variable Voltage/Wattage battery >> that's how you'll get the best from your juice
    2) find the good juice that suit your taste >> that were you'll find the pleasure of vaping (and later on be disgusted by an analog).. but it comes from your OWN trial & Error

Nicotine is a concern onlly when starting. You'll soon forget it.

oh, and FYI: Nicotine is a key factor on the TH (Throat Hit)... but it also somehow 'reduce' the flavour of your juice. So, just know that the higher the nic, the 'stronger the TH... the lower your nic, the more flavorfull your juice.

Cheers (and good luck kicking out the analog habbit !)

7. UKJuice

UKJuice New Member

Nicotine addiction on the brain is complex and affected by 3 main factors 1) How much nicotine you need to get an effect 2) How quickly your body gets rid of the nicotine 3) Your 'addiction/dependency' level. So if you need a lot of nicotine to get an effect and your body destroys nicotine quickly then most likely you will be a chain smoker using high nicotine strength. If you're in this category and you switch to vaping then you should start with at least 32mg nic and have a device with long-lasting batteries and big tank so you can chain vape all day..
    People who enjoy the effect of nicotine (say in social situations where other people are vaping/smoking where its more of a social activity) could wean themselves off nicotine in 3-5 days but in heavy smokers the 'addiction/dependancy' could last over 6 months. Studies have shown that the majority of people who can go without nicotine for 6 months can give up nicotine for life but their is a small % ( around 5%) who will crave it for life. So its horses for courses really...
    I would wager that 95% of people who vape at 0mg nic for 6 months will quit vaping completely - which is bad news for e-cig vendors!

8. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

fruit-lover Well-Known Member

It was a seamless transition for me.... 30 years of smoking that included countless efforts to quit, then started vaping and have never looked back.

Nicotine or no nicotine is irrelevant to me, I'm just happy I'm off the analogs.

Of course I would like to lessen my nicotine intake, but at this early stage of vaping it's not a concern.

9. daisymay

daisymay New Member

I am new to vaping and find when I inhale the Throat Hit makes me cough and feel I as though I am choking, I am using 11mg nic menthol flavour, does anyone know why. I used to smoke 15 Menthol Lite cigarettes a day. I am I doing some thing wrong?

10. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

fruit-lover Well-Known Member

No mate, it's a natural reaction. I started coughing for a while as did everyone I know.
    There is some detailed medical information on e-forum that explains this.
    It passes, for some people a day or two and for others a week or two.... Don't give up and persevere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free