1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Still trying to quit totally

Discussion in 'The Thailand Quit Smoking Discussion' started by Xilver, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Randis
    Sunshine

Randis Have wings, will fly!

Yeah i had this issue in the very beginning. The main problem is that people chew the gum too fast, like a normal gum and release the nicotine to quick witch causes burning sensation in the throat and also overdose when chewing too many gum.
    They need to be chewed very slowly.
    What i did was also getting lots of normal gum and chew them in-between the nicotine gum. after 2-3 weeks i was used to it and then a while later my nose started to work a lot better already and my sense of taste and that is the point where switching is more easy as you slowly start getting disgusted by cigarette smell.
    after some months i started reducing the dosage, didn't chew the whole gum but started biting off a small piece.
    Chewing gum you always will still be addicted to nicotine, that's for sure but i didn't see it as a very bad thing as the substance is not particularly unhealthy.
    Vaping is a lot better of course but back then i didn't take that into account because my very first experience with vaping was when vaping was very new, i tried some shitty e-cig and was less than impressed.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    Xilver and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. Xilver
    Cool

Xilver Thread Starter Well-Known Member

In any case, I am glad that I am able to quit analogs for the longest time now.

Not having the need to go to 7-11 to buy a pack of ciggies anymore. Just use internet to order juices instead and even starting to mix my own juice, giving me something to do.

Vaping might not save me any baht so far. But at least I feel better around with my kids when i need my nicotine hits.

Learnt a lot about vaping from friends in this forum and youtube too. Only gripe I have is the thing about battery safety. Thats the 1 thing i tend to worry. Even experts recently have experienced bad batteries. Eg, Vee from SMM, JSL and the great PBusardo.
    **Updated**
    Hmm... speaking of battery venting. If ONLY, or maybe just a matter of time, some clever manufacturer can come up with batteries that can perform well and its guaranteed ANTI Venting.

I think it would sell VERY well for vapers all over the world!

Scratchy, Neilly and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. Frayedmind
    Happy

Frayedmind Well-Known Member

Hi, I too understand the fear of battery safety, I have a spare blast bag for charging batteries, send me a PM if you would like it. Hate to think about blast's with nippers running about. We live in Chiang Mai. See the attached photos :)

IMG_20150906_131812.jpg

IMG_20150906_131844.jpg

4. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

First time I've looked at the quit smoking forum, and I enjoyed this thread. Quite happy that I went from 40+ a day to 10 in a couple of weeks, but struggling to cut out the early morning cigs because the Subox Mini seems to vape quite hot, and I have a cough after each drag. Nice to know others can't quit straight away. Will certainly try a drink of water after every drag. Get there in the end. No problem in the evening with a beer though!

etlava, Emmess and Konvict like this.
  5. Emmess

Emmess Well-Known Member

Well, after reading your post the answer seems to be obvious to me. I would recommend that you start the day with beer and make sure every time you Vape, you have a beer handy. This way you quitting smoking seems very likely @farangmick

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

6. Emmess

Emmess Well-Known Member

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

I have only been vaping for about 2 weeks, after being a smoker for about 35 years; in that 2 weeks I have only smoked about 6 cigarettes and have not really enjoyed any of them. I had 2 opened packets and couldn't bring myself to throw them away!

I find vaping more pleasurable than smoking and although I am concerned about the affects of doing so I think it is highly likely that it is less damaging to me than smoking.

I realise that I have swapped one addiction for another; I intend to lower my nicotine intake over time to lesson the dependency and I try to limit excessive vaping.

Over the past few years I have a lot of problems with severe headaches which seemed to be worse when I smoked more. Like many smokers I went through many more cigarettes when in the process of getting drunk and was getting really bad hangovers. When Tylenol would not get rid of the headaches I would go to the pharmacy and get migraine tablets, they did the trick but I don't like taking too many tablets. Since the vaping took the place of smoking I don't even need to take the Tylenol after a heavy drinking session.

etlava, Siam Diesel and Emmess like this.
  8. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

I still have an unopened pack of smokes I had left over from when I started vaping. Thats 2 years ago now. It is a constant reminder for me now that I hate the damned things.

etlava, farangmick, Neilly and 2 others like this.
  9. farangmick
    Worried

Today had my usual 5.30 am start. Cup of tea and ciggies before getting the kids up, fed and off to school. Had one cig left, plus two old roll ups I found whilst clearing out my rolling gear. So three today. Tomorrow is the big day. No cigs or tobacco in my house for the first time since 1984, when I actually stopped for a short time.

etlava, Siam Diesel, Neilly and 2 others like this.
  10. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

:very good:You can do it, I am sure!

Siam Diesel and farangmick like this.
  11. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Very best of luck mate. When you get that craving VAPE LIKE F%^K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping:

etlava, Siam Diesel and farangmick like this.
  12. farangmick
    Worried

Six days clean now. Went into town shopping yesterday and saw a friend, who suggested a quick beer. No mod with me, (only quick trip to 7/Eleven). Mate smoked 3 cigs whilst I had my bottle of Leo. Missed the mod, but absolutely no desire to blag a cig. And two months ago I chain smoked when out for a beer.