1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Still trying to quit totally

Discussion in 'The Thailand Quit Smoking Discussion' started by Xilver, Apr 20, 2015.

1. David in Bangkok

David in Bangkok Well-Known Member

I didn't see if you wrote the strength of your juice, but you might take a while to get adjusted to getting nicotine through vaping. It has a different effect than smoking, but I'm sure after a while you'll get the hang of it and be able to estimate how much of what strength you need. In the beginning I think I vaped very inconsistency because at that point I know the nicotine helps but I was still craving whatever else my body was withdrawing from.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. Xilver
    Cool

Xilver Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I have been living here in Chiang Mai for about 10 years now, so yeah, asiaexpat, I'd still be here when you come up to Chiang Mai. Welcome!

David, I am currently using a 12mg nic juice. Honestly, I have not expect to be able to be off ciggies for 4 days straight now. I am quite impressed not with myself, but with how vaping CAN be a replacement.
    I tried nicotine patch (looong ago), chewing nicotine gum (looong ago), duracig, but they all failed to take of me off ciggies for more then 1 or 2 days max. LoL

Unlike duracig, mods and atomisers can look so damn beautiful and expensive too if one is to go buy everything that pleases the eye. Some Original ones are really nice.

I am actually thinking of starting a little collection. Slowly of course... but I am thinking of getting at least 1 nice original Mod and a nice original atomiser for my regular use, and then clones just for collection and use occasionally. I think maybe some of you are already doing that. : )

Well, let me just say I am glad I found you guys, giving so much advise and encouragement.

Oh... by the way.. I have not received my istick50w. Gonna be Monday i think.. the wait....... : (
    **Updated**
    quick question please. Can anyone tell me where can I find a good range of Original things that can be sent to Thailand? I have been looking around, it seems that original ones aren't always available, sold out. Basically, I am trying to look for a Mod and Rda or Rta. Hard to find somewhere I can browse and choose.
    So, if juices are hard to come into Thailand if I were to make an order, it would even be harder if I were to order hardware?

Hope someone can direct me. Thank you so much.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  3. David in Bangkok

David in Bangkok Well-Known Member

Totally agree, I tried the gum and it was useless. Quit twice using vaping and was really easy both times. Was really easy for me to quit vaping as well, but I may stick with it longer this time as last time I went back to smoking...

As far as original things....I know many mods are originals, and if they're not originals some are very well made.
    As far as atomizers, the RDA/RBA market is huge for clones (for the replaceable coil atomizers not so much). I have an original and non-originals and I'm not really sure I could tell the difference.

Anyways, you can post for specific items and see. I don't know about those items specifically, but I think Fast Tech (whether you want to deal with them or not is another issue) has a really large selection and ships from China.

I also see a lot of gear on Thai Facebook Groups. That's a good place to find some stuff. It's in Thai, but you can translate it in your web browser etc. It might be used, but you can find a large selection of stuff and in Thailand (quick shipping and no risk with customs).

Xilver likes this.
  4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

If you're looking for western mods, try Pink-Mule...they're a good reputable source.

There are a few things you can do to increase the odds of gear arriving here...best if you PM me since this thread is in the more public area of the forum...

David in Bangkok likes this.
  5. Xilver
    Cool

Thanks. I will look them up. PMed you also. In any case, still on the subject of quiting smoking. its been quite sometime now that I have had my last cig. A week or so? Taking in 12mg seem to help quite a fair bit I think. Got my istick50w from Big and it is certainly wonderful. I can adjust the wattage to suit my need so that I dont cough so much. LoL

Also, saw there was a Vape Con in Malaysia just last weekend. Looked interesting. Imagine if only Thailand did not ban this. We would have so much choice and fun.

shoo-D and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. Xilver
    Cool

Well, its been no ciggies for me since Songkran April 13th till now. A month and five days. I am actually quite surprised I lasted that long. Do I still feel like having a analog cig? Not really, temptations? Honestly, yes somethings. but than I quickly chain vape for a good 20 to 30 mins and I stop thinking about the analogs cigs.

Means, I MUST always have my iStick 50w and Subtank plus with me at all times. Ocassionally, I use my RDA for choosing other flavours. It has been fun with vaping. So many things to learn, so many nice mods and atomisers to look at.

I even introduced vaping to 2 other friends here while at it. Many are curious with what we are doing and what is this item in our hands that can create such huge clouds and for the matter, the smell is nice too.

Will carry on and continue to vape on...

etlava and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Do you have a backup device...just in case?

Xilver likes this.
  8. Xilver
    Cool

What I have now is istick 50w, Kanger subtankplus, Iguess those are my regular use.
    I have in my son's pencil case, which I took it from him, to contain my King's mod clone, Dark Horse RDA.
    I also just bought a Kayfun v4 clone, which I am waiting for the sub ohm kit to arrive to activate it.

That's all I have for now.

I am considering getting another VW tube mod ( I really dont know what to get yet ) looking at Vamo or Selegei or something that can sub ohm and goes up to maybe 40W. So far I dont really think I will use more than 40W.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

The IPV2 mini could be a great back up or even a primary mod. I'd recommend the Goblin RTA to sit on it (but build only, no pre-made coils).

Congrats on your journey, it's just the strat and you went through the hardest part. Or the easiest.. the hardest being not to spend a tremendous amount of money into vape gears ^^

We are glad to have you among us, @Xilver. Vape proud !

Xilver and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

^^^ That's a good start...another regulated mod wouldn't be a bad thing either. As @Tibo notes, the IPV Mini 2 would be a good mod (you'll need batteries & a good charger) as would the Yihi SX Mini (either version).

I like ProVari's (among other things)...the P3 now goes to 0.5 ohms but only at 20 watts. There's also the Dicodes 2380 in this thread (but getting it here may be difficult...German suppliers are usually not willing to de-value their gear...may have something to do with German Postal regulations) With the proliferation of cheap & cheerful box mods, good tube mods are getting to be more difficult to find. Aspire also makes a couple that you might want to consider.

Tibo and Xilver like this.
  11. Xilver
    Cool

Yes guys, I am still a little shaken with what happened to me with the mech mods on 2 short burn out occasions, so until I am confident and know what the hell I am doing, I will stick to regulated mods for now. I am fine with building coils though.

Thanks for your suggestions. I will continue my search for vaping gears. And yes Tibo, hardest part is trying not to spend too much money on mods and atomisers and all things shiny. hahaha

12. Randis
    Sunshine

Randis Have wings, will fly!

i stopped by using gum, was chewing for 3 years but vaping is just so much more fun.

13. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

I found the gum to be totally frustrating. Just kept the nicotine addiction alive. I still craved a cigarette, so I'd chew more gum until I was nasuous from nicotine overdose, and was still craving a cigarette!

I was a two pack a day smoker for well over 30 years. Tried most of the methods to quit. When I got my first vaping kit I just decided it was either vaping or nothing. Had a slight craving for a cigarette for the first month, but it wasn't bad and went away fairly quick. I think another factor for me was this was my 5th or 6th attempt at quitting smoking and I was more determined this time.

14. Xilver
    Cool

Yep, chewing gum or patch did no help me at all. But with vaping, so far, I find I can keep my hands busy with fiddling with rda and mods and dripping liquid that replaces the holding of an analog.

Neilly and Siam Diesel like this.
  15. Jared S
    Spaced

Jared S Well-Known Member

Yesss that was the key when I was in the quitting stage too. You really need something in your hand to fiddle with, old habits die hard I guess. I was using the ego types while cutting down on the cigs and got off in about a month.