1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Cool Stealth Vape Mods (that cannot be recognised as a mod)

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by santaclaus, Mar 6, 2019.

1. santaclaus

santaclaus Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

After all the stories in the news of people getting problems with law enforcement, as well as personal experiences with cops in Bangkok of some friends, I thought it might be time to stop carrying my mod around me everywhere I go. I just managed to dodge a police checkpoint in Phuket with my sister, luckily as they were too busy searching some other tourists' bags we managed to ride quickly through.

So I thought it might be worth it to invest in some stealth mod; meaning a mod that the average human (or vulture aka. local cop) cannot recognise as a vaping device. Any of you guys have something like this? I'm thinking e.g. devices that look like an USB-key, power bank etc. Some of these new POD systems seem to fit the criteria.

One that caught my eye recently is the Rofvape ovns vape x kit:

I mean I wouldn't even recognise it as a vape mod myself unless someone was taking puffs out of it ;D. I also bought a Justfog Minifit in Europe, which can be hidden anywhere but it doesn't look like anything else recogniseable.

Any of you guys carry such 'stealth mods' and what would you recommend?

Also thought could put the e-liquid in an eye drop bottle ;)

Sue and jpr like this.
  2. Sue
    Breezy

Sue Well-Known Member

Justfog Minifit (USB shaped Podsystem) or Suorin Air (credit card shaped pod) or Omeka MSM C8 (a car key shape mod)

I have them all ;)

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I've got one...looks like a USB stick to me. More importantly, it can be hidden in your socks if you get half a chance before hitting a random checkpoint.

santaclaus and Sue like this.
  4. Sue
    Breezy

Sue Well-Known Member

... or bikini, swimming suit top ;)

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

:very good:
    The ladies have more hiding places than we do. :D
    And since they ask you to empty your pockets, that's not a safe place either.

santaclaus and debatedude like this.
  6. DannyA

DannyA Well-Known Member

Got a Justfog Minifit as a valentine's present. A subtle hint that I should rethink what I take outside
    I have to admit I was very dismissive of podsystems
    That's changed!
    So I got my first DNA device - Lost Vape Orion
    It's stealthy but looks like what it is, vaping device

As for camouflage:
    Vaporesso Aurora
    Aurora Play Vape Kit » Vaporesso

You might want to take along a pack of cigarettes to make the whole thing more believable

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

7. Sue
    Breezy

Sue Well-Known Member

Good idea! But what I still don't understand, if you pass a checkpoint, and get stopped, thy just want to check whether you have the legal papers for driving. We never had to open our backpacks or handbags. Whats the reason for all those mentioned checking all personal belongings without permission at those checkpoints? This is in fact an intervention in privacy. If you don't behave stoned or drunk, all you papers are ok....why then?

8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Because they can...and they often do ask (force) you to empty your pockets and check backpacks, purses, etc. This occurs more often on late night checks. It just depends on their mood and how you react to them. Westerners would view it as an invasion of privacy but that’s a foreign concept in Thailand. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

santaclaus and jpr like this.
  9. santaclaus

That looks really cool and practical, and probably wouldn't cause too much attention. However, from my experience at night time checkpoints (drug checkpoints) they would probably open the lighter top to see what's inside it. Once open, they would surely get curious..

They should make ones that work for two purposes, e.g. an actual power bank that works as a vape, or e.g. a flashlight or similar.

I'm not talking about regular traffic checkpoints, they are indeed no problem at all. The ones I'm talking about is these dodgy (sometimes illegal) checkpoints that cops do to farangs e.g. around Sukhumvit, going through your pockets, wallet etc. Had this happen once on Soi 13 at night (single cop), but he didn't find anything (or care about my mod) and let us go. He was looking for drugs, because one of the Nigerians on top of the soi started talking to us -_- . Also, our taxi was stopped at Khlong Toey around 2am coming from a club once, with all pockets searched. This time we got some comments about our mods but again they let us go after I said I saw on Thai TV they're legal to possess. But my friend hasn't been as lucky, he's paid a 10k bribe 3 times already after getting caught puffing around Sukhumvit.

Also this Phuket checkpoint I mentioned wasn't a regular traffic check point either. They just had two cops and a few cones, going through some tourists bags with a flashlight.

10. DannyA

DannyA Well-Known Member

Quote:
    I'm not talking about regular traffic checkpoints, they are indeed no problem at all. The ones I'm talking about is these dodgy (sometimes illegal) checkpoints that cops do to farangs e.g. around Sukhumvit, going through your pockets, wallet

I miss the Nigerian roadblocks.
    After a "How now" and where are you going it's straight to the point:" what do you have for me"
    I used to get really angry if they made me open the boot and ask me for something after

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk
    **Updated**
    Not a flashlight but a bluetooth speaker with a 510.
    Now to find a tank that doesn't look like one

20190309_103213.jpg

11. Sue
    Breezy

Sue Well-Known Member

Thx for the answers re checkpoints, probably that is why I never had such a "control", I am already in bed and sleeping before 23.00 h and no clubbing :ha ha ha:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. santaclaus

Bump. Nowadays I see fewer and fewer Thais vaping. Been using my OVNS Vape X which is very stealthy, but pretty crap to be honest with minimal vapour production. I've been using it with 12mg liquid and not feeling any kick. Good for travelling, but damn I missed my proper mods on the last trip.

Anything new in the market? With countries banning these on the increase, would imagine there'd be a decent market for these.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Based on what I read on the TH FB groups, most leave their gear at home...they got tired of contributing to the BiB! ;)

Mods are getting smaller...but I've seen nothing new in the way of stealth mods recently.

I still take a Nautilus AIO with me when I go out to eat but that's it...when I'm out running errands during the day, the car is clean because the police have been very active with checkpoints since the beginning of the year. :(

debatedude likes this.
  14. santaclaus

Here is a new one.. Uwell Amulet - "vape watch" xD. Definitely stealthy and a great idea, but I don't wear a watch and don't want to.

[​IMG]