1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Spam Filter

Discussion in 'Thailand Vapers Site Feedback and Help' started by SirVaper, Dec 5, 2016.

1. SirVaper

SirVaper Thread Starter Member

Mods/Admins/Whom it May Concern,

The 5 post spam filter is reasonable, and I've used similar methods myself when I have administered forums...

The program seems to detect spam or smilies or links where none exist. Twice now I've been blocked from posting by this message. I looked for the offending text, and could not see anything that could even be mistaken as a smilie or a link.

I wonder if you could adjust this as it may discourage new members from posting or getting involved in discusssion.

Just a thought. I'd post a smiley here to show my attitude, but.....

SirVaper

2. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

The use of a smiley under 5 posts will, be picked up as it's an image.
    We tried to make it as easy as possible with easy instructions for new members, say 'Hi' Hello' 5 times and then you're clear.
    We get zero spam so it works in that way, maybe the odd poster finds it difficult and may end up being discouraged from posting but they only need to ask and we will help while they are under 5 posts.
    V