1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

something odd with my tfv8 coils

Discussion in 'Vaping Technical Issues' started by rabidnub, May 4, 2017.

1. rabidnub

rabidnub Thread Starter New Member

Smok tfv8 tank just arrived today and the bottom of the V8-Q4 coil was looking a bit crooked. I looked closer and noticed some wire poking out the bottom of the rubber seal.

I pulled the bottom of the tank off and there one set of wires under the seal thats making a gap and another on top of the seal. Is this hows its meant to be? How can i fix it to make it fit properly?
    20170504_135015.jpg 20170504_135108.jpg

2. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

Looks normal, the seal is separating the positive and negative leads. Most stock coils I've seen have a similar setup.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. rabidnub

ok, but should the wire be poking out the end like that? the rubber seal now has a gap so the bottom cap sits at an angle and i think it might leak at the bit i circled in the image below 20170504_135108.jpg

4. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

Looks fine, many coils have a little bit of wire exposed. Once installed and screwed into the tank the rubber will seal things up.
    **Updated**
    Leaking would come from juice seeping through the cotton and down through the airflow.

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. rabidnub

ok thanks :) will give it a try!

Nakhonsisean likes this.
  6. Jazz2017

Jazz2017 Well-Known Member

If you really wanted to, you could cut the leads a little closer to the inside, apart from that it looks totally fine.