1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

SMPL Switch Disassembly

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks For Vaping' started by Rick O-Shea, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea Thread Starter iStick Fanboy

Had mine for several months now and while I've had no issues with it at all I thought I'd take it apart and clean it. I remember seeing an image somewhere a while back showing how to easily remove the clip not sure where but took my own picture;
    upload_2015-3-14_14-9-34.png
    Just move the clip to the centre is directly opposite one of the notches. Place something with a small diameter in the hole then use a flat head screwdriver (small one) to open it up. I found it easier forcing it open from the centre as opposed to the hole.
    Don't force it too much, I just opened it enough for it to spring back on top of the contact then just levered it off.
    To replace you can slide it in one side and then just work around forcing it down with you fingernail.

Turns out the switch was not dirty at all inside but gave it a scrub and a lick of brasso. It also has a silver plated spring inside.

judas, jon and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

A snap ring pliers would work if you have one handy...had to buy one when I was changing the belt on my dryer. They look like this...

upload_2015-3-14_14-47-41.png

3. Rick O-Shea

Yes, they would be handy if you have a pair.

4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Guess I'll have to get an SMPL mod so I have a reason to use them again :)

judas, jon and Rick O-Shea like this.
  5. jon
    Mellow

jon Well-Known Member

Nice tip Rick. Mine works fine, but is a little crunchy so I may open it for a look.

6. Rick O-Shea

I noticed the switch on my SS version (same manufacturer I think) do not line up the same but two small flathead screwdrivers work just the same albeit very slighty more difficult. Still takes less than ten seconds to disassemble though.

*Nevermind that, you just need something with a smaller diameter.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  7. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Careful SD, there is 2 or 3 different switch for the SMPL.

The one Rick and I have are the best, based on user comments online.

Credit goes to Rick which send me the link of the differents switch.