1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Help RDA for single coil

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by farangmick, Jul 17, 2016.

1. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a cheap, simple RDA suitable for a single coil just as a tester, as I'm thinking about making my own juice. any recommendations please. As you might guess, I know little about dripping.
    Thanks.

Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  2. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

The Magma Reborn can easily be configured for single coil. Additionally, it's extremely easy to coil AND has easily adjustable airflow (from flavor chaser to cloud chucker).

The Stillare Cascada is another one easily set up for single coil. So is the Stilare v2i (if you can find them).

The Magma and Cascada are both available from Big, and also available from other vendors and FT

Siam Diesel, farangmick and Konvict like this.
  3. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

Advken Mad Hatter V2 can be used for single or dual coil and the flip top is a good idea for a dripper

jpr and farangmick like this.
  4. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Magma is always a great RDA to start with IMO. I vouch for that as well !

5. debatedude
    No Mood

I've seen that one. The clone that I saw had a weak lock on the flip top. But other than that, a good RDA.

farangmick likes this.
  6. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

The Tsunami has single coil option with the Velocity style deck. I've seen the Authentic Mad Hatter V2 for less than $15 if you want to go that route. The Tsunami close is going for $5 or $6 on FT.

farangmick likes this.
  7. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

My first was BAAL V2 (available locally < 500B), only ever used one coil. And same same with tobeco velocity. I think most RDAs with side airflow will work ok with one coil, bottom airflow might be more tricky. Decent velocity clones are pretty simple and easy to use.

farangmick likes this.
  8. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

The SXK Corolla was my testing unit for while. Over time it has developed to one of my favourites. The flavour is in the same class as the GEM, unlike the GEM the handling so easy. Naturally only single coil MTL
    + best flavour with 0.5 - 1 ohm
    + build quality is very good for the price
    + screw posts are some of the best from all tanks I have
    - drip tip too short

Corolla V1 not produced anymore. Some shops still have discounted stocks. The V1.5 is being launched.

P_20160617_212050_LL.jpg

PK-Corolla2.JPG

farangmick likes this.
  9. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

The Baal V2 has the top cap and barrel that will close off one air hole. With the Velocity, you have build the coil sideways in between the posts and you have to manipulate the coil leads in an odd way. It can be done but not the best solution IMHO.

10. Scuba Vaper

Dunno what I was doing right then, been using velocity with one coil side horizontally mounted for months ...

Richard likes this.
  11. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

There are many discussions on forums saying that you can't do that and that you have to block off one side of the air vents but I have tried it and the same as you, it works fine

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  12. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

No doubt that it works but you are sacrificing some flavor doing it that way. The air that enters the other side does not cross the coil and just goes straight up the barrel. Everyone has their own way of doing things and that's fine. If you are happy building that way and the flavor is good to you, then no problem. I personally don't like building that way, I want all the air to cross the coil(s).

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  13. Scuba Vaper

When I get some time I'll do a comparison one vs two.

What you say makes a lotta sense @Lotta, so not disagreeing with you, I found better flavour in the absence of "top airflow" post coil (didn't really like the TFV4 mouthpiece airflow holes, for instance). But, as @Richard says, it seems work just fine with one coil and no efforts to block off airflow. So opinions vary.

As we're having problems in LOS sourcing anything vaping at the moment, my suggestion for OP would be have a look around at what's available locally, and then choose what he thinks best suits him. Worst case he'd have to put two coils, which isn't difficult anyway, just match wire and windings I think.

14. debatedude
    No Mood

What would be perfect for this is an old-school IGO-L. I might even have one laying around somewhere.

15. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Personally on a velocity dceck for single coil I mount a Vertical between the posts. But with the extra airflow, and my playing with that and dual verts, it does dilute the flavour and thin the vapor production out a bit. But when I want a lower vapor set up it is ok.