1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

RBTA recommendations

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by Stuart, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

It's the new model for kanger subtank mini, with TC, 75W, etc ... Not used that one specifically, I have prior model ... Cons no upgradable firmware, small screen size, pros cheapish starter kit includes everything except battery.

Crown tank with RBA, I concur with above, is preferable to subtanks, stock coils I enjoyed too. With the caveat that I've yet to find a topfill that doesn't leak or flood the atomiser. And I prefer evic mini to kanger mods, for some reason the slightly squarer mod fits better in my hand, plus I prefer a larger screen, and upgradable firmware means there's a chance any bugs will be fixed.
    **Updated**
    Worked fine for me, the included RCA base in the kit is fine for single coil scenarios ... Velocity is easier, but hard to find a tank that will do single coil on velocity ... However I didn't really like the sharp top of the tank on tfv4, most others are beveled for comfort when the tank touches the mouth, perhaps I just need a longer drop tip than the supplied.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Not a tank but the Tsunami RDA has the Velocity deck and can do single coil. Also the Griffin can do single coil with the silicone/ceramic plug.

3. Ben B
    Amused

Ben B Well-Known Member

Mod wise; i use the Kanger 60w platinum. It is gorgeous (steel) and very solid. Down side is that it doesn't last too long pushing 50w to my Crown. Easily removable door means it's no biggy to swap out spare batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

JohnKalasin Well-Known Member

Mod wise I been using joyetec evic vtc mini and many others. The vtc mini 75 watts and cuboid 200watts are my favourites.

Sent from my T03 using Tapatalk

5. Scuba Vaper

The OP was asking about RBTAs, and yeah, my velocity RDA will do single coil as will my BAAL V2, just leave one side of deck unused, RDA in many cases doesn't matter, with a tank, it probably does ... My griffin didn't come with said plug, must be a new thing or third party ... Also presumably with griffin you'd have to extend the wicking to cover all four juice holes, otherwise that'd be leak central ...

6. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Yes, I know the OP was asking about RBTAs but I will not sleep until I convert everyone to an RDA. :very good:
    The standard Velocity will do a single coil but you still have airflow on both sides. The Tsunami has 3 airflow holes so you can choose specifically for single or dual airflow. The plug for the Griffin does not come standard but is easily available. The plug covers both the airflow and juice flow ports as well as a piece of ceramic taking up the space where the other coil would go so no extra wicking is necessary. Just pop it in and forget that side exists.

geekvape-griffin-25-rta-ceramic-block.jpg

7. Ben B
    Amused

Ben B Well-Known Member

I need me one of those. :)

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  8. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

I can pick up a few the next time I place an order. They are not always a perfect fit on some attys but the silicone is easy to work with and can easily be customized to fit.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    Ben B, Siam Diesel and Scuba Vaper like this.
  9. Scuba Vaper

Thanks @Lotta , I've seen these for the wismec theorem, took me a while to figure out what it was for. And a great idea, as not everyone wants to run two coils, and more time building, wicking two coils. Would be happy to receive one for griffin if it's convenient, but no worries if it's a hassle.

I'm already converted to RDA myself, use tanks for convenience less refills etc :) laziness factor ...

Siam Diesel likes this.
  10. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Next time I order, I'll throw a few in the cart. They're not expensive and with a little modification, they will work in a lot of attys.

Siam Diesel likes this.