1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Quick look/Review of the HCigar VT75D and Digiflavor Siren 2

Discussion in 'Thailand Vapers Reviews By Our Members' started by -V-, Jan 22, 2018.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Really busy so going to do a quick look/review of 2 items below.

HCigar VT75D and Digiflavor Siren 2

1) HCigar VT75D 75W TC VW APV Box Mod;

- Zinc alloy construction
    - Using brand new Evolv DNA75C chipset, simple operation
    - Output power: 1W-75 W
    - Output voltage: 0.2-9.0V
    - Lowest TC resistance: 0.15ohm
    - Temperature Control Range: 200'F-600'F / 100'C-300'C
    - Ergonomics design
    - Anti-liquid leaking design
    - 0.91" colorful TFT screen
    - Houses dual 18650 battery (battery sold separately)
    - Standard 510 Connector
    - Micro USB Charging Port and update

It came with the usual Hcigar bag and box, good quality from Hcigar
    1.png

Inside the bag is the box with the mod and usual paperwork
    2.png

For some reason i was expecting the mod to be a lot bigger than it is I had watched many a Youtube review of it and it's only till you get one in your hand you see how small and compact it really is.
    3.png 4.png

The top 510 can accommodate a 24mm atty just fine but that'a about as big as you can go for a nice flush look
    5.png

The wood look on the side is plastic but it's ok for me
    6.png

The dual 18650 battery door slides out nicely and my batteries fitted in there with no problems, not tight at all

7.png

2) Digiflavor Siren 2

Siren 2 is a GTA specially made for MTL (mouth to lung) vaping, which provides a closer sensation to smoking cigars and conventional cigarettes. Highly recommended as one of the best MTL atomizers by the vaping community, the Siren 2 has been upgraded to provide a more precise MTL experience.

- Chamber closer to drip tip provides intense flavor
    - 9 airflow adjustment options for the perfect restriction
    - Upgraded build deck compatible with larger coils and makes building easier
    - Both derlin and SS 510 drip tips included to match personal preference
    - Major improvements compared with the V1:
    - A smaller airflow slot added to offer accurate MTL vaping
    - Build deck upgraded to have wide range of coil compatibility
    - Two different 510 drip tips added
    - Whistling sound eliminated
    - Turbulent airflow eliminated
    - 510 threading connection
    - 24mm overall diameter

A real nice MTL tank, sat on the VT75C/D mod in Gun metal

8.png

This tank is a quality made tank and works fantastic, different color O rings, spare glass, 2 x coils ready to put on..

9.png

10.png

Very easy build deck to build on with fantastic airflow.
    Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 19.27.53.png

HCigar VT75D 75W TC gets a Thumbs up from me thumbs-up-sign_1f44d.png

The only thing I wasn't happy about was there is no screen protector on the mod, the screen you see on the mod is the actual DNA chip screen, so it's not protected, I was very surprised no reviewer has picked this up as it could easily get damaged this way, Thumbs down on that part Hcigar
    thumbs-down-sign_1f44e.png

Digiflavor Siren 2, excellent MTL tank, can't fault it one bit, some point next week I will be waiting for the postman to deliver the SS version to me.
    This gets a massive 2 Thumbs up
    thumbs-up-emoji.png

Cheers for reading -V-

Both items were sent to me by FastTech:

$78.99 Authentic HCigar VT75D 75W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1-75W / 100-300C'(200-600F') / 2*18650 / color screen at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$37.70 Authentic Digiflavor Siren 2 GTA Tank Atomizer - 4.5ml / stainless steel / 24mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

2. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

I've had my finger on that button to order the HCigar VT75D but I never pushed the button. I got as far as putting it in my basket where it sits today. Thing is I have two mods on the way now, one due to arrive today (Smoant Cylon). I also have an "Old Style" DNA75 mod on the way that was a fraction of the original cost caught on sale. I just haven't convinced myself that color is that important. Beyond that most of the features and performance are the same as the original dna boards. I know there are differences but are they really important? Mods containing the original dna boards are increasingly becoming price specials.

I do own two of the Siren 2 tanks and they are really very good but a pain to build because of the tiny deck and their stupid decision to go with the 3 hole airflow on the deck. Is the Siren 2 some breakthrough in mtl rta's? I think it is a good mtl rta but there are many others that have surfaced in the past 6 months that are worth a look.

Konvict and Rick O-Shea like this.
  3. SpeedBug
    Cheerful

SpeedBug Active Member

I own the VT75D and love it!! It is just heavy enough not to fall over, menu is super simple, tested the temperature board protection (works.. between 80 to 90 degrees cels on-board temp), sits nicely in the hand, customizable menu, colour screen, screwed tank plate (not pressed), leaking tank drips away from the board, battery life is ok. What I really like is that if you connect the USB cable you can have a huge amount of stats on amps, temperature, volts, etc. that you are drawing with each vape and each one can be recorded and reviewed.. helps me in analysing performance of my coil builds.
    The only downside is any tank bigger that 24mm will overhang. It doesn't bug me as I can't vape in public anyway so my ugly fat Pharaoh RTA looks kak, but who cares.... Other than that, best mod out of 8 I have ever owned! Super simple and sleek, but has great TC and adjustable settings.

Siam Diesel and Rick O-Shea like this.
  4. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Why is that 3 hole airflow a bad thing?

The YouTube reviewers say that it is a positive thing because it will give air to the whole coil instead of just a part of it.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

The original Siren had one airflow hole on the deck It produced great flavor. Other than that the tank had several problems that caused leaking. The new version has 3 tiny air holes and because of the design of the deck it is extremely difficult to get a coil mounted that will span those three holes. Even if you manage to do it the two holes on the outside are partially blocked due to the design. I own two of the V2. It took me considerable effort to discover a build that would produce reasonable flavor. I would now rate the Siren V2 as just average for flavor and equal to a wide number of rta's. The original was far better in that regard. As it turns out it was through the suggestion of one of the Youtube reviewers input that the 3 hole thing became part of the production. It was a very bad idea.

Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  6. Konvict
    Relaxed

I think PBusardo took credit for that, but he put the airflow of the old Siren on the Innokin Ares and another reviewer blasted him for that because that reviewer thought that made the Ares have a lot less flavor.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. -V-
    Cool

Nar it was the 'famous' Vaping with Vic who who was the idea behind the 3 port air hole inline with Digiflavor 2 ,,,

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Konvict
    Relaxed

Oh, I think I got my facts wrong! Well that's why he was so against the Ares!

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. -V-
    Cool

For me, the flavour is great, yeah it got pointed out in some reviews about it's not really possible to span across the 3 inline airholes and that the left and right ones are not fully open but makes no difference imho....and the deck is basic and easy to work on too imho..

Such as which ones?
    I know the Berserker has been said to be really good but not to sure about other MTL rebuuilds out there which have been reported to be up there with such as the digiflavour 2 and the berserker....

Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  10. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

I can't speak for the Berserker as I don't own it. The draw on it is reported to be extremely tight and that is not my thing. I will answer your question in 2 parts. First I will give you what I consider to be the gold standard in flavor mtl rta's all of which I own. This is not to say that there are not others that should be on the list that I do not own.

1. The 19/22 by Norbert which is an auto dripper. I know of no mtl tank that can even come close to this. If you don't want to pay for the original there are some excellent clones available.
    2. The Hurricane rta V1.3. This is a flavor monster. It is available as a clone from many vendors.
    3. The original Kayfun lite. This is available as original or clone.
    4. Doggy Style. Flavor, flavor , flavor.

Now for two newer tanks but I caution that newer does not mean better.
    1. The Tilemahos Armed Eagle. This tank was recently released and it was designed by one of the most respected designers in vaping history. It is innovative and it is produced in Greece. There is a 25mm version which I own and a new 23mm version that I believe was just released. Due to the ability to change airflow inserts on the fly this can be whatever you want it to be. They have some newer inserts that will get you to a very tight mtl if that is your goal. No matter what insert you use it is a great flavor tank.
    2. The Coppervape Skyline. This tank is one of the most difficult to get right. Once you get the wicking right this tank can produce excellent flavor for mtl. You will have to purchase the extra air inserts which are cheap to get to the right flavor profile. The wicking of this tank is most unusual to get right. If you try to wick it like all your other tanks it will not produce decent flavor. There is a video from "Vaping with Vic" that is probably the best to explain this. Even that video does not cover some of the fine points about the wicking issue on this tank. I expect many people who own this tank have never actually experienced what it can properly do.

I am sure there are other deserving recent tanks that are not on my list simply because I don't own them and have no personal experience with them.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  11. -V-
    Cool

hCigar VT75D screen went blank after only a few months, Digiflavour Siren 2 just leaks/floods juice out of the airways all the time.....so in a nut shell i don't use either of them now...

12. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Have you tried the Dvarw @-V- ? I use one myself, but many people say it's great for MTL. It's cheap, with plenty of accessories. Simple build. Never leaks.

1561106915961939104388.jpg

Excuse my grubby looking mod.

Siam Diesel and Bantorvaper like this.
  13. -V-
    Cool

Just googled it and watched a bit of a few videos on it, too much going on with it for my liking, not for me i don't think, i like quick and easy stuff....
    Happy with the Ares tank at the moment....

14. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I don't wick it like the videos. I just cut it straight then put the chamber on making sure the covers the juice flow holes. Never had an issue with wicking.