1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Questionable Nautilus-X Purchase

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by Sammi NahmKing, May 27, 2020.

1. Sammi NahmKing
    Curious

Sammi NahmKing Thread Starter Member

Recently purchased and received Wizmec Reulaux RXMini mod with a Nautilus X Tank and it's "free" Feellife "Juicy" 11mg Apple. There seems to be a problem with the tank though. The tank is supposed to be new, but as can be seen from the photographs, the gold colouring has worn away in many places and (not visible in the photo) the air intake disc is able to rotate with the slightest of a touch. A friend's Nautilus X tank's air intake disc is much tighter than this one which leads me to suspect that a refurbished (with respect to the seals) tank has been substituted for the new tank which I should have been sent. The box that the tank came in was new, and the "scratch" pad was unscratched, but the tank itself looks like it has been swapped out for an old one. What do you guys/girls think? I will not disclose the name of the supplier here because I am currently waiting for a response from them as to whether this is indeed an old tank or not. I will update further once I receive the supplier's response. It is a Thailand based supplier, I can say that much today.

IMG-3569.jpg

IMG-3486.JPG

IMG-3487.JPG

IMG-3488.JPG

IMG-3489.JPG

2. Sammi NahmKing
    Curious

UPDATE:

No response from the Thailand based online shop.

I since found out that Nautilus X tanks should come wrapped in a plastic seal. The one I received did not come with a plastic seal.

This adds to the previous two points of suspicion.

1. Colour coating worn off due to years of use
    2. Air intake disc able to rotate with extremely minimal force of touch

I sent two emails to the supplier.

Here is the content of the second email which I sent today.

Please forgive the "broken English" that I used in my message. I need to communicate the fine details to an employee whose English language ability is unknown to me. Google translate can be incorrect with complicated words. So I thought using "broken English" might be the most effective way to communicate the information.

Here is the content of my second email.

---

"New Nautilus X tank come in plastic wrap. but this one i buy from you not have the plastic wrap.

i am sure the tank i got is an old one with new o-ring.

please send me a good one. a new one. not old one with new o-ring. it's a lot of money.

if only 200 baht , i dont send email, but this is 1250 baht. not small money.

i paid shop for a good one but i got this one.

after i get a good one i will promote your site to the vaping forum. i don't want to make a problem. i just would like a new tank what i pay for.

thank you for taking the time to read this email"

---

Do any TV forum members have any comment to make?

I suspect comments such as the following (if there are any) may be along the lines of the following:
    a) You won't get a new one because it's the black market
    b) Treat it as a lesson learned and don't buy from them again
    c) Name and shame to the forum to warn future customers
    d) Drop it, life is precious.

What would you do if you received this?

3. aging one
    Busy

aging one Well-Known Member

IMHO that was a very silly thing to do. Why in heavens name do you think that might be better? I have never understood this approach. Bad enough in spoken English but horrendous in written English..

Sammi NahmKing and fillmcavity like this.
  4. Sammi NahmKing
    Curious

because "...I need to communicate the fine details to an employee whose English language ability is unknown to me. Google translate can be incorrect with complicated words."

My laziness for not learning to read and write Thai - I have no excuses.

Does any TVF member have any comment to make about the core content of this post? Is the tank indeed a semi-scam refurbished item or not?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  5. Sammi NahmKing
    Curious

Last update: The tank in question does work although the "new seal" which I believe was fitted in order for it to be sold "as new" keeps falling out when refilling liquid. I never got a response from the vendor. I have decided not to name the vendor on this forum for personal reasons. But the vendor is not on TVF's sponsor list. So nobody reading the forum is going to link to them from here anyway. End of topic so far as I am concerned.

Side note: Recently discovered that the new Nautilus GT tank takes the older Nautilus BVC coils. I found that interesting since the Nautilis X U-tech coils are a newer product. I wonder if that spells the end, in the not too distant future, of Nautilus X coils? Making Nautilus X tanks eventually obsolete.