1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Question about dripping

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by David in Bangkok, Jan 5, 2015.

1. David in Bangkok

David in Bangkok Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I know there are RDA's and that seems to be popular, but I really don't think I'm ready to build my own, so are there dripping atomizers that aren't RDA?

Although the other option is just to have someone build it for me, I know people say it's easy but I don't really want to deal with that and it seems as if there are vendors willing to do that, and I don't know how much they charge, but it would probably still not be more expensive than buying expensive coil replacements.

2. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

It's seriously dead simple...all you are doing is making a coil and wicking some cotton through it...I had the same exact worries before I started in with rebuildables but if I can do it anyone can...youtube is a great place to watch videos on making your first coils. The only thing that was bothersome at first is that the decks are a lot smaller than they appear in the videos but once you get the hang of it you'll seriously wonder why you didn't try it sooner.

David in Bangkok likes this.
  3. David in Bangkok

grr it's always this answer, so there aren't I guess?

Here in Thailand how difficult would it be to get the coil?

I bought an RDA that I thought was going to come with coil, but it's also supposed to be a poor RDA to start with, so I am even more worried about starting it with this (called "veritas")

I tried to clean my iclear 30 today and screwed the atomizer in on the wrong side of the bottom piece, I seriously am terrible with tinkering. I guess I might not break anything, but chances are I do a real terrible job...

4. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

Easy enough...all the vendors on the forum sell kanthal wire and several members have kanthal for sale in the classifieds ( at a better price I might add ) It really is much easier than it seems. The clearomizers are a great way to start but they are a money drain because you are constantly buying heads, while some people have the luck of them lasting a month none of mine ever lasted more than a week or so....when you make your own coils they can last for months and months with just a little maintenance ( dry burning ) and rewicking.
    **Updated**
    28 gauge wire is probably the easiest to work with to start and get yourself a small microscrewdriver set to wrap the coil around and loosen/tighten various screws. Another thing I use that I find indispensable is a small manicure set ( the kind the sellers always bug you to buy while at the bars ) you have all the small tools and cutters you need to get all coiled up.

5. flem
    Relaxed

flem Vaping for 5 years

And remember to get an OHM checker. This is a must if you built your own coils, but as stated before building coils is really easy and a whole new vaping experience.
    Good luck and right away the Veritas is a great dripper.

6. David in Bangkok

I saw a list of things and I need to go looking through it again, I don't even have a torch, I don't have any screwdrivers if it's on a swiss army knife I have sitting around :sad:

I do have an ohm checker on my MVP, is that enough or do I need a dedicated one to be safe?

I have only bought manicure sets that were way too cheap, I have to find a decent one. I completely agree about the clearomizers, I think it's great for when I have to be out and about, but it's not that good still. It's great for being convenient but I keep finding them difficult to get used to and their lives are short. My iclear 30 barely got through 10ml of juice, and it was tasting terrible. I cleaned it but it's still not that great, although admittedly in the very beginning it was very good.
    For both being something cheaper, and superior in vapor production and flavor, I think at least having one (or more) dripping atomizers is a must. It's only for at home, but I'm already fed up with not being able to chain vape on these clearomizers, I think this will be a lot better for me when I'm at home. I just am really worried about being able to do this, but I guess it's worth a shot as it doesn't seem like the materials should be too expensive either.

7. flem
    Relaxed

flem Vaping for 5 years

That ohm checker will be OK. The OHM checker is also to make sure that you have no short in your built. When I started building coils I used a small screwdriver 2mm thick to built my coils and a nailclipper to cut the wire. You don't have to invest a lot of money to built coils. After a short period of time you will be building coils like you see on utube!!

8. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

You don't need a torch, a lighter will do, you don't need a good manicure set the cheap set works just fine...the ohm checker on the MVP will be fine for now as long as you aren't planing to go below 1 ohm. the microscredriver set doesn't need to be special either I think mine cost 100 baht.

Make some coils with what you have...you can literally coil around a toothpic if you need to...see how it goes and how you get on with it and if you love it you can buy the dedicated tools you think you'll need at that point.