1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Protank2 vs iclear.

Discussion in 'Vaping Maintenance' started by chiangrai, Nov 14, 2013.

1. chiangrai

chiangrai Thread Starter New Member

O.k.
    I've been posting a lot on this site,I'm trying to decide which new tank to buy.

I have come to one clear decision.......shag Vivi nova.I have one but it has to be cleaned every 3 days,it leaks into the battery..........etc.

I am on a budget here in Thailand so I want to keep my costs down.

I really want an iclear30S but if it's 100bht every five days for a coil and it drinks significantly more juice that my Vivi that's the same price as buying a packet of cheap cigarettes every day.

I'm not into rebuilding but would get into in to save some money so I started looking at the protank2.Then people are telling me it's not that easy,I have to buy a volt meter or something and learn a lot about it.......etc.

So I have 2 questions before I decide.
    1- Does the iclear really burn a coil every 5 days or do you have to have it in your mouth all day for that.Would a moderate smoker get a month out of it.How much more juice does it burn compared to the Vivi 3.5mm.

How easy is it to rebuild a Protank coil.Can you just watch a YouTube video,buy some stock in bulk from China and away you go,virtually free wicks.
    Or do you have to buy safety meters,do a lot of research and have no time left to smoke your machine.I have an egoC battery.

So my decision rests in your hand,if the iclear would not bump me up into a higher expense bracket I will go with it.

Then there is always the option that if the iclear is costing me on juice then make my own juice.But that's a whole other story.

Sorry to be such a cheap skate but that's the way of it.Also everything is doubled because the wife smokes as well.We got a shock in the juice consumption when we went from CE5 to Vivi.

All advice welcome

2. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

I pretty much chain vape AND own the iClear 16 and iClear 30 tanks. In two and a half months, my iClear 30 has used three coils. Same with my iClear 16. Sometimes I change just because I feel like it, like when I've vaped a lot of dark juice and am switching to a light juice. But that's just me. My current coil in my iClear 30 has been going strong for 3 weeks.

3. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

I've been using a coil in an iClear 30 for 3 months,,,,,every 3-4 days wash and dry burn it....
    I am a heavy vaper.

4. Hoppy

Hoppy Retired, fat and happy

I vape about 5mls a day with my iclear 30, coils usually last a month if cleaned and dry burnt every few days. Had one coil that did not work straight out of the packet and another that lasted two months.

5. chiangrai

O.k
    Well I don't know who told me that the coils only last 5 days.
    Also I thought it was just the vivi nova that had to be cleaned out every 3 days.
    That totally changes the game.
    Just on a side track have you seen the dual coil heads for vivi nova on health cabin.They look like they are dual coil heads for the original vivi nova non BDC.
    That might be another cheap solution of uping my vape Any body tried these.
    The more I delv into this subject ,the more questions I have.
    Sorry guys but thanks for the help.

6. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Seen them, the thing is the wicks for me, the way there are so many wicks on the iClear 30 and 30S will only improve everything compared to the Vivi Nova dual coil heads....imho anyway...

7. OverCloudz

OverCloudz New Member

You should get a rebuildable and do micro coils built with cotton. Its gonna cost you a piece of cotton every time you want to change your wick. Fogger v2 is 20$ + some kenthal around 5$ and cotton balls 2$ you will be good for months and a much better vape

8. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

I'm all for RBAs, and I haven't tried the iClear, but its dead easy to rebuild the Protank coils. I don't like the stock coils personally, but it works great with a microcoil. I use 1mm silica, takes about 5 minutes to rebuild a coil. Buy a few of them, make them however you like, then keep them on hand as spares. You might want to go with the Unitank vs the Protank II, as it can be a bit messy filling the Protank since it fills from the bottom.

9. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

You might find this video helpful:

LETS REBUILD A KANGER PROTANK 2013 - YouTube

:vaping:

10. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

Dammit, his camera angle is too effing low?

11. chiangrai

While were on it,I've just spotted the Kanger MT3.
    It looks good,I hate plastic tanks and steel drip tips.

How does it porform vape wise and how easy is it to rebuild the wick.