1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Serenity

Serenity Well-Known Member

So you can have, bullets, poison, explosives and a car battery in your carry on as long as you don't bring any vape gear ? Makes total sense. Smh

2. Jazz2017

Jazz2017 Well-Known Member

The back up battery is there under restricted I would imagine. There is a 30,000 mAh limit on those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SooKee and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. Sue
    Breezy

Sue Well-Known Member

It is strange, because according to their homepage, none of these items is listed as prohibited in baggage, whether its checked or not.

4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Don't fly Air Asia but I wonder if their scanners would be able to pick out a mod without batteries in your checked luggage? For that matter, unless the personnel manning the Don Muang security scanners are prepared to look for mods in your carry-on luggage, that poster is without teeth.

Nonetheless, it might be worth a call to Air Asia for clarification if you're planning on traveling out of DM with them. :)

SooKee and Sue like this.
  5. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

This is just restricted items in luggage as it can catch fire (cheap power banks are even worse than any decent mods), This has nothing to do with vape items being banned (or power banks for that matter).

Siam Diesel likes this.
  6. SooKee
    Lurking

SooKee Contented Single Coiler

Mods and batteries for them aside. This is a baggage restriction notice and I've never seen power banks listed anywhere. You're certainly not allowed to have any item with batteries of any type in your checked luggage and if, as far as Air Asia is concerned, you're not allowed to have them in your carry on how will that work? Probably one of the most commonly carried items next to mobile phones. The notice here is making no differentiation between cheap power banks or otherwise. Bizarre.

I might get round to checking if find the need to carry one (as had been pointed out, I very much doubt security scanners would be phased by a power bank), just interesting as to what the thinking or intention is. I wouldn't be half surprised if someone said to the person designing the sign "oh, these vape things, don't forget to include the batteries". Wrong type chum!

Nice to get a break in Penang and to visit two fully stocked vape shops with all you could ever dream of under one (well, two) roof, openly on sale.

Sent using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. Vapezar

Vapezar New Member

How reliable is that website though?

8. ninja899

ninja899 Well-Known Member

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  9. Fastoche

Fastoche Well-Known Member

Yes their scanner are able to catch mod without batteries in checked baggage.
    Last summer they stopped me after check-in at DMK because they saw my mods in my checked bagage with their scanner. I told them they didn't have batteries in it, they asked me to open my suitcase to show them. Then they let me leave my mods in my checked luggage.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    SooKee, jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

+1, I got the same experiment in Don Muang last year.....They didn't know if the batteries were in the mod (the 2 X 18650 were in my hand bagage.

11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

They must be using older scanners at DMK...the ones in use at Swampy can 'see' Li-Ion batteries in checked luggage (or so I've been told). ;)

jpr and SooKee like this.
  12. Sue
    Breezy

Sue Well-Known Member

I was just informed by a vaper who just returned from Phuket that there are big signs at the departure check-in how e-cigarette gears/batteries should be transported , like "all e-cigarettes must be carried in hand luggage" and even airport staff is handing out flyers with this information. Unfortunately the vaper did not bring a flyer with him, and forgot to take a picture from the sign. But he remembers exactly that e-cigarettes were mentioned as well.
    How can that be and this sounds very strange to me.
    I remember reading somewhere here, that "export" ist illegal and banned as well, and customs confiscates vaping gears also when leaving the country

Siam Diesel likes this.
  13. SooKee
    Lurking

SooKee Contented Single Coiler

Sounds odd. Maybe telling people that so it's easier to find them!! If I traveling out I'd keep mods in checked luggage and take it out only if told.

Just came in through DMK (9pm). Nobody there checking anything. Like no one at all.

As an aside, immigration was really slow. Many desks closed and what looked like civilian staff in blue uniforms. Certainly not the regular immigration police who normally plough through the queue at a rapid rate. Guy who stamped me in took AGES, like he hadn't a clue what he was doing. He was wearing a light brown uniform. Very strange. Almost like the regular staff were on strike and they were plugging the gap however they could. Or like it's civilianisation trial.

Sent using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. ricsmart001
    Breezy

ricsmart001 New Member

We all know what an unjust and trumped up law it is concerning vaping, but it is the law and there have been high profile arrests. Getting in to the clutches of the BIB is no trivial matter, so I am a bit surprised that people are carrying these things in the open, let alone at an airport where there are scanners, and enough security personnel to fill a bus.

15. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I just got back from a business trip to Korea...came through Swampy with 2 mods in my pockets. Smuggling is a noble profession. :D

The Milford, Jazz2017, jpr and 5 others like this.